• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Earl Thomas' high school friend passes away on the field

hmm19

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey y'all. Just wanted to apss on the news that one of Earl's team mates and friends passed away here in Orange, TX after throwing his second touchdown pass of the night.

Reggie Garrett, who was wearing Earl's old #12 (the number had been retired because of Earl, but he graciously let his friend wear it for what was to be his senior season), threw a touchdown pass into the end zone, and after getting to the sidelines, collapsed, and never regained conciousness. There are no autopsy findings as of right now, but suffice it to say that Earl's old high school team, and the community at large, are in shock.

The whole SE Texas area teams are wearing #12 stickers on their helmets for the rest of the season, and the term "112%" which was Reggie's favorite, are being emblazoned on stickers and sidelines throughout the area. If some of you can, make up some signs with 112% on them for the 'Hawks and Earl's next home game.

I appreciate y'all making Earl feel at home in Seattle. I love your city, have visited a couple of times, and love the 'Hawks...even in the years they weren't so loveable.

Thanks again for your support.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
That's a real shame. Thank you for sharing.

Anyone want to step up and make a sign? I won't be at this game, but it would be cool to do.

Reaction score
wow... condolances out to earl and all of this kid's other friends and family. I would make a sign, but I'm up way too high, no one would see it.you should have too much trouble getting seahawks fans to embrace the number 12 though.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe I will make a sign for the Huddle and put Earl's number on it. Show some respect for Earl and get some press for us. What ya'll think?

OP
H

hmm19

Huddler
Reaction score
Thank You! Y'all are fabulous for any expressions of support for Earl. His high school number was #12, as was his late friend Reggie's number. All of the high schools of the area are wearing a #12 for the rest of the season, and the saying "112%" are going to be on signs. It will be fabulous to see it in Seattle as well, even 1 or 2. Thanks you Seattle!

GO HAWKS!

OP
H

hmm19

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;50487 said:
That's a real shame. Thank you for sharing.

Anyone want to step up and make a sign? I won't be at this game, but it would be cool to do.

Number 18, I just saw your avatar...thank you! It is very much appreciated.

Reaction score
hmm19;50520 said:
Number 18, I just saw your avatar...thank you! It is very much appreciated.

The 12 stands for "the 12th man" because Qwest field so loud and we cause a lot of false starts. You'll see a ton of fans wearing #12 jerseys and the number 12 is actually retired in dedication to the fans. Before every game someone with a connection to Seattle. Sports raises the" 12th man flag" and there's actually a 12th man flag on the Space Needle. Like I said before, it shouldn't be too hard to get seattle fans to embrace the number 12 lol.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
My old HS (Sehome HS) P.E. coach, Coach Baker, was a big %110 guy.
I think I could modify that to %112, make a small sign and display it over the tunnel (my seats are close) as the players come out, maybe he'll see it too...that would be cool.

OP
H

hmm19

Huddler
Reaction score
Really? I could only follow it on the Gametrax on the official Seahawks website...I had it on Sirius for a while, but my wife wouldn't let me stay in my truck...lol. I gotta get better in the tech department, so I can follow it better...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Great game for the seahawks and exspecially Earl and Leon.

I had the 112% sign up above the tunnel. Earl didnt see it, but we had it up!

OP
H

hmm19

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;50572 said:
Great game for the seahawks and exspecially Earl and Leon.

I had the 112% sign up above the tunnel. Earl didnt see it, but we had it up!

szat, thank you! Even though he may not have seen it, you joined with his hometown and him in honoring Reggie Garrett's memory. I saw one news report where he dedicated the game to Reggie. That 112% will continue through the season and beyond! :drinks:

Top Bottom