• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's 2012 Mock Draft Video - February

Reaction score
I highly doubt we go DT. Pass rush, OL depth, maybe a LB (depending on what we do with Hawthorne and Hill), and obviously QB are the biggest needs.

OP
E

EmDiggy

Huddler
Reaction score
I highly doubt we go DT. Pass rush, OL depth, maybe a LB (depending on what we do with Hawthorne and Hill), and obviously QB are the biggest needs.

I like Branch...but I think Still would be to good to pass up. Who would you take at that spot instead?

Reaction score
Uh.. Honestly, my internet was going really slow earlier so I kind of skipped ahead to our pick.. So I don't know who was available.. Was Ingram still there?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Ingram was on the board, Couples gone, and I would take him over Still probably due to more need. But also if we hadnt addressed QB, would Tannehill be considered? I also like Upshaw at OLB, but still have that bad (curry like) taste in my mouth.

Reaction score
No more early picks on LB!!! look at our starters from last year.... Wright, 4th round, Hill, 3rd and Hawthorne UFA. No more wasted picks please!!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Upshaw big enough to play DE, but I would still pick Ingram at 12. (officially we are 12.. bummer)

Reaction score
If we sign Osi or Mario Williams, and we can't get a deal done with Hill, I think its possible we go after an OLB. There likely won't be any QBs worth taking there, so in that scenario it makes sense.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the Mock Draft .

I think Weeden is a gamble in the second round with his potential shoulder, if Tannahill was sitting there IMO he's a safer QB pick in the second round. Or you could grab my man Kellen Moore in the late rounds LOL.

I also would find it hard to pass on Trent Richardson if he did fall to us at 11-12 . I think if you pick this high you need to get a play maker and that's even if we do re- sign Lynch .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If we sign Osi or Mario Williams, and we can't get a deal done with Hill, I think its possible we go after an OLB. There likely won't be any QBs worth taking there, so in that scenario it makes sense.

With this list of FA DE's, it would be really super nice if we could make a run and aquire one of these guys.
If we could that would make our 12 pick more of 'best player' more then 'fill the need'.
I like all of these guys but Mario and Avril top my list. Campbell is getting tagged I think.

Mario Williams (HOU) - DE- Mario Williams just suffered any players' nightmareÑa season ending injury in a contract year. Fortunately for Williams, he has a proven track record and had the production prior to the injury with 4 sacks through 4.5 games. For a Texans defense that survived without him and a franchise tag that would cost them $23 million, there seems to be reason to believe the former #1 overall pick may end up elsewhere next season. Imagine that, a former number one overall with 2 All-Pros that isn't re-signed after his rookie contract. It's not a sure bet, but very possible.
Robert Mathis (IND) - DE- In a big offseason for the Colts, another quiet superstar is set to become a free agent. With the Colts probably slowly transitioning to a 34 defense, Robert Mathis's future in Indy is in jeopardy. Coupled with the $14 million salary of Dwight Freeney, in unrealistic to think the Colts could tie that much money to quarterback and defensive end, if Manning returns and the Colts draft Luck-even if a discount is factored in somewhere along the lines.
Calais Campbell (ARZ) - DE - Campbell is an important part of the defensive front for the Cardinals. He's a terrific athlete at 6'8, 300 pounds and a football player that seems to improve every season. His productivity can't easily be replaced, which is why the Cardinals won't let him test the market. At the very least, they'll use the franchise tag on Campbell who has said he won't fight it if it comes down to it.
Cliff Avril (DET) - DE- Avril has been a member of the Detroit D-Line revolution under Jim Schwartz and Ndamukong Suh. He's an explosive pass rusher off the perimeter on a team that seems to get to the quarterback at will, at times. For a defense predicated on the pass rush, Avril figures to be an important part of the long-term solution. Avril has expressed displeasure at the thought of the franchise tag.
John Abraham (ATL) - DE - The Falcons went out this past offseason to acquire Ray Edwards to improve the pass rush. Though Abraham is aging, he's still easily the Falcons top pass rusher. His production, even on a snap count, can't be easily replaced, but the team still won't pay him the $8 million a year they did in 2011.

Top Bottom