• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Mock Draft Video - January (2 rounds)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow, seems like alot of mocks are DL heavy in first round. Is this because of talent in this years draft or need, or importance?

I am hoping Hopkins fall to us in 1st. I dont think Carroll will go small WR, it goes against his EMO.

Im suprised that some of the OT fell. And no Barkley or Glennon in 1st?

Kyle Long could be good value in later rounds but not at 2. I wouldnt touch him, honestly. He comes off as being a lean LT, and we already have one of these. Get Okafor or Montomery if they are there in the 2nd round.

Reaction score
Wow, seems like alot of mocks are DL heavy in first round. Is this because of talent in this years draft or need, or importance?

I am hoping Hopkins fall to us in 1st. I dont think Carroll will go small WR, it goes against his EMO.

Im suprised that some of the OT fell. And no Barkley or Glennon in 1st?

Kyle Long could be good value in later rounds but not at 2. I wouldnt touch him, honestly. He comes off as being a lean LT, and we already have one of these. Get Okafor or Montomery if they are there in the 2nd round.

Its a relatively weak class in general. DL and WR are the deepest areas as far as the top of the draft is concerned.

Idahawk

Reaction score
PC said in one of his last new conferences that making this team would be hard for any young man joining them via the draft, or in other words the guy better be special or he has no chance .

I don't know what were going to do. DL , LB, WR ....Fullback is huge on this team adding depth there ? Id like to see us get a big WR with speed, a small skat back like sproles maybe ? I can see us making a big splash in FA.....more than I see us getting someone who will take a job from an existing player right away, BUT.......................

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
LB is pretty good class too.

PC said in one of his last new conferences that making this team would be hard for any young man joining them via the draft, or in other words the guy better be special or he has no chance .

I don't know what were going to do. DL , LB, WR ....Fullback is huge on this team adding depth there ? Id like to see us get a big WR with speed, a small skat back like sproles maybe ? I can see us making a big splash in FA.....more than I see us getting someone who will take a job from an existing player right away, BUT.......................

I think we will get 1 maybe 2 two big fish in FA no more. J. Jones or Branch resign?

There is some good WR out there, I really like Dandre Hopkins, reminds me of Atl WR's, and he was clutch in bowl game. Patton and Weaton are good option in later rounds.

From everthing ive read and seen there is really good DL talent and value in 3-5 rounds, but if that elite pass rusher is there at 1 you might take him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I really like DT Henry Melton; if CHI lets him go. Hes a young, fast, pass rusher, who is a ex-running back (goaline?).
Mebane, Branch, Melton would be a good 3 man rotation.

WR I like Dwanye Bowe for his eliteness. But there is some baggage there plus Im told by my KC buddy he tends to drop balls in the clutch even when he's wide open.

Reaction score
Melton was a pro bowler, he won't be cheap. Bowe has been all-pro before, I believe. He won't be cheap either.. You have to start looking forward to the next few years when we have to pay Baldwin, ET, Sherman, Wagner, Wilson, etc.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm not a big Bowe fan , I'd rather have Mike Williams (Tampa Bay ) Mike Wallace , Wes Welker could be a nice toy for Wilson . This is all just in fun , pure speculation .

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
As explosive as Austin is, I don't think there's any chance in hell PC will draft him, if there's anything we've learned in the last 2 seasons about PC, it's that he loves tall WRs and CBs and Austin at only 5'9 I think may steer him away from him. I guess I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another small reach by us in the first round and grab Terrance Williams or Robert Woods.

Reaction score
As explosive as Austin is, I don't think there's any chance in hell PC will draft him, if there's anything we've learned in the last 2 seasons about PC, it's that he loves tall WRs and CBs and Austin at only 5'9 I think may steer him away from him. I guess I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another small reach by us in the first round and grab Terrance Williams or Robert Woods.
How exactly have we learned that? By drafting 5'10" Golden Tate? Or signing 5'10" Doug Baldwin. I'm sure Pete covets tall and fast wideouts just as much as the next coach, but he hasn't done anything to make me think he won't pull the trigger on a smallish guy.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Correction Mike Williams is not eligible, he's going into his 4th year of his rookie deal and can negotiate with the Bucs for a contract

Blabolat

Huddler
Reaction score
I"m all for trading the whole draft to get a stellar DT from someone.
I don't want to wait around for a draft choice to blossom to a point where he is useful, we need someone now, this season that can help. Who knows how long a draft choice will take.

oh and Golden Tate is not that big a receiver, so hard to say what PC's MO is.

OH..too, Someone like Melton? Yeah he wont be cheap by any means, but you have to understand, this is a premium position, and your going to have to pay for it.
QB, LT, and 3 tech positions are all going to be expensive and you don't want to skimp. If you don't want to pay for that DT, fine, get a mediocre DT and just expect mediocre results, hmmm we have that now, and we get gouged huh? We can pay now, or we can pay a lot more later.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Im not convinced that Star Lotulalie is a "sure fire" game changer. I am in the belicheck camp, were picks are like gold, and you get as many as possible and scout well, make them count.

Melton isnt cheap, but thats okay with our cap, front load the deal to lighten the cap hits we will be taking on in 2-3 year range.

Golden Tate is not tall, but has a nice lower body mass, and was seen as a special talent. I liked the pick when it happened just took a while to develop.... or my thought is.... took the right QB to deliver the GOD DAMN BALL IN THE RIGHT SPOT!

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not saying he wouldn't take a smaller WR necessarily but I think if he had the choice to take what he believes is an equally talented taller WR, he wouldn't take Austin.

Top Bottom