• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For all the doubters of Matt

Reaction score
He's back and better than ever. sat here in Manchester and watched the 2 previous 2 games, and i swear, the QB we have is better than the last two superbowl winners.

who's with me?

show some support for the best QB the Seahawks may ever have!!

Granderson28

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt is by far my favorite seahawk of all-time, the only QB to ever lead us to a SB says enough. sure he dont have the skills of Brees or Manning, but he plays with heart which wins me over every time. The only problem I have with him is that he throws picks at the worst time sometimes. but I still love him lol and yeah he's looking good so far, its got me a lot more optimistic about the season.

S

Seattlehawk94

Just find it funny that the Apple Sauce lovers from last year are strangely quite this year so far....To those who've said Matthew is "old and washed up"... :lol:

Tonights Menu:
Crow tartar with a side of STFU

OP
M
Reaction score
Granderson28 - fully agree, Matt does seem to throw picks at stupid times but he's our QB, he may not get sucked off on total access 24/7 but i believe he's got a superbowl win still in that bald frame of his

:)

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
The key to this team is Matt, we need him healthy, not forcing his throws and our OLINE busting their asses to protect him at all times. No halfhearted blocks and crap.

Hawks will go a long way, if they do just these things.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Just find it funny that the Apple Sauce lovers from last year are strangely quite this year so far....To those who've said Matthew is "old and washed up"... :lol:

Tonights Menu:

I do think we'll throw Seneca out in a wild cat formation... He didn't deny that in an interview they did a couple weeks ago(although he didn't confirm it either). He's a solid backup and I'm glad we have him.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

Tonights Menu:

I do think we'll throw Seneca out in a wild cat formation... He didn't deny that in an interview they did a couple weeks ago(although he didn't confirm it either). He's a solid backup and I'm glad we have him.
They just don't want to risk him getting injured. I'm sure if we're down and they need a huge conversion they would do a trick play to get it. Maybe the same play that Branch/Housh have done where they run the reverse, stop and throw the ball down field. With Wallace wearing 15 and not exactly known around the league, it could work fairly well.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

Tonights Menu:

They just don't want to risk him getting injured. I'm sure if we're down and they need a huge conversion they would do a trick play to get it. Maybe the same play that Branch/Housh have done where they run the reverse, stop and throw the ball down field. With Wallace wearing 15 and not exactly known around the league, it could work fairly well.

Wilson and Burleson said that this team has some tricks up their sleve.

S

Seattlehawk94

Don't get me wrong...I like Apple Sauce (except with pork chops---not Womack either), he's a hell of a player but...There was a large group up in here and in Seattle that was begging for him to start over Matthew...

He is a SOLID BACKUP, he could NEVER lead a team to the playoffs...That was proven last season, he's good to keep you afloat for a couple of weeks or so but he's not going to make the plays needed to win big games. See: Miami (bad clock management couldn't drive us to a tying FG), New England (couldn't drive us to a tying FG), Philly (we were shutout except for that 1st Quarter 90 yard TD pass), Tampa (drove us for a last minute TD in junktime while the Fucs were in prevent otherwise held to a FG), Packers (didn't do shit in the second half) last season.

He never made the big play to save us in those very winnable games last season. Matt is a winner...Matthew wins those games and those 5 wins would've had us in playoff contention.

If Matt was healthy all season we'd have probably won at least 4 out of those 5...I really believe that...Factor in games he was playing hurt and add another 2 to that and we'd have won the West again...That's how small the margin is from 10-6 and Western Division Champions to the #4 pick in the draft.

Apple Sauce can win a couple of games but....#8 is and always will be the man!

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Don't get me wrong...I like Apple Sauce (except with pork chops---not Womack either), he's a hell of a player but...There was a large group up in here and in Seattle that was begging for him to start over Matthew...

He is a SOLID BACKUP, he could NEVER lead a team to the playoffs...That was proven last season, he's good to keep you afloat for a couple of weeks or so but he's not going to make the plays needed to win big games. See: Miami (bad clock management couldn't drive us to a tying FG), New England (couldn't drive us to a tying FG), Philly (we were shutout except for that 1st Quarter 90 yard TD pass), Tampa (drove us for a last minute TD in junktime while the Fucs were in prevent otherwise held to a FG), Packers (didn't do shit in the second half) last season.

He never made the big play to save us in those very winnable games last season. Matt is a winner...Matthew wins those games and those 5 wins would've had us in playoff contention.

If Matt was healthy all season we'd have probably won at least 4 out of those 5...I really believe that...Factor in games he was playing hurt and add another 2 to that and we'd have won the West again...That's how small the margin is from 10-6 and Western Division Champions to the #4 pick in the draft.

Apple Sauce can win a couple of games but....#8 is and always will be the man!

Maybe, but keep in mind who Seneca was throwing to last season... Colbert has the worst hands I've ever seen from a pro WR... And that's saying something since our #1 used to be D-Drop.

Reaction score
If Matt ever goes down the Seahawks are lucky to have Wallace as a backup. I'd say he's better than 8 or 9 starting QBs right now in the NFL, but he's no Matt Hasselbeck.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
That was then this is now...
Matt is back, he seems to be a little nervous, skiddish, and jumpy back there so far, but he is making his progressions, throwing strong, and not making the big mistakes. I wish he would have alittle more "touch" on his passes, he seems to just throw bullets every pass. Also he's still learning this offense, so there is alot going on upstairs right now. Its easy to forget he hasnt played in a year! In past seasons when he gets very comfortable with the offense, Matt is a pro bowl QB in this league. Im thinking he gets a couple W's and gets into full swing by week 4-6. If we can beat Chi at home that would be a big boost.

Seneca looks great. Ive never seen him look so confident, he is a great BU and could start in this league, maybe not lead a team through the playoffs but much improved.

With Teal doing well, I could see plays late in the season using Seneca at WO, flee flickers, trick plays. We would be perfect for this.

S

Seattlehawk94

phaZe said:
If Matt ever goes down the Seahawks are lucky to have Wallace as a backup. I'd say he's better than 8 or 9 starting QBs right now in the NFL, but he's no Matt Hasselbeck.

Like I said...Apple Sauce is a great QB for treading water but...He will never lead us to the playoffs...With Matthew we are Superbowl Contenders.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
phaZe said:

Like I said...Apple Sauce is a great QB for treading water but...He will never lead us to the playoffs...With Matthew we are Superbowl Contenders.

AMEN to that!

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Anyone doubting his abilities obviously doesn't watch or know much about football and especially SEAHAWK football. He's the best QB in the league that no one knows about. As far as I'm concerned he's right there at the top of the heap with a few others. The guy is a leader, confident and very intelligent and makes excellent reads on D's at the line, always audibling into the correct play when he has to. He is the identity of our team guys, we'll go as far as he can take us. I hope our OL is up to the challenge this year and can protect Matt at all costs including penalties. They're going to be calling a ton more holding penalties this year and I fully expect we'll be victimized because of it, but that's ok if Matt stays healthy!

S

Seattlehawk94

SeahawkWag said:
and wallace is the most overrated QB in seahawk history :roll:

Nope, those would be Dan McGwire, Rick Mirer, and Kelly Souffer (1st Round Picks)...Oh and Jim Zorn (Seattle's own version of Joe Namath--more INTs than TDs, and lost more than he won)...

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
and wallace is the most overrated QB in seahawk history :roll:

You can't be serious :D Seneca? Listen dude, Matt is the ONLY legit QB we've ever had and I've been watching this team for 33 years, BUT, Seneca Wallace is far from the worst! Dan McGwire is the biggest bum of a QB that ever suited up, and was picked by the biggest moron of an owner that's ever been in pro football (Ken Behring) what an idiot. But Seattle could write a book on how to pick shitty QB's, as was listed in 94's post previous to this. One he left out was an ***hole that I can't stand, Sean Salisbury, who now acts like a know it all sportscaster, and also is a hater of our team. He should be run out of sports. He is to sportscasting what Bob Whitsitt was to pro sports, and both are idiots. BAD! Seneca Wallace could be starting on some of the other teams in this league and is a top rated backup. How you came up with this rationale would be interesting to hear.WHO would you rather have backing us up for an emergency situation? And I mean of all the backup QB's in the league, not starters. One thing I want to note here, Dave Krieg was ok for his time (Fumble king) and Warren Moon was legit but we got him too late in his career when we were rebuilding. GO HAWKS!!

Top Bottom