• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Forsett

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
...since we had a RB who made me want to watch them run the ball...

damn that guy is good. leave him in Mora!

the scary part is we waived him last year and the Colts picked him up and waived him too so he ended up with us again.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
He's good against shitty teams. Where was he against the Vikings?
Where was the whole team? :lol:

Forsett put up big numbers against the Cardinals and Rams. When he does it against better defensive teams then I'll say he should be the starter, but right now J.J. should still start over Forsett.

Reaction score
Forsett is nothing better than an average RB, but he's the best RB on our team. I have no idea why anyone would want Jones as our starter at this point.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Use them both and use them intellegently.
Forrset is way above average in alot of areas, but using him to pound the ball (tried in Minnesota) wont work.

Thought the OL and especially the FB's did a good job in run blocking.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
he had ONE bad game against the best run D in the league. and to add to that, he only got 8 carries that game.

everyone has a bad game every once in awhile...

he made our whole offense look better today. JJ is average in all areas but Forsett makes something out of nothing frequently.

Hawks2Cover

Huddler
Reaction score
What are you talking about bad game against Minnesota? He had 80 yards receiving and a TD....? What do you want?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
squirreljack said:
he had ONE bad game against the best run D in the league. and to add to that, he only got 8 carries that game.

he made our whole offense look better today. JJ is average in all areas but Forsett makes something out of nothing frequently.

Yeah, that passing game looked AMAZING.

Hawks2Cover said:
What are you talking about bad game against Minnesota? He had 80 yards receiving and a TD....? What do you want?

What do you mean what do I want? Is this a serious question? How about more than 8 yards on 9 carries? Since when is Forsett a receiver?

Forsett got 130 yards against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league. BFD. A hobbled Alexander could have done the same.

Reaction score
Well if JJ is back next week I think Forsett will be the starter simply because he's the hand hand right now.

But I really don't get why everyone have such a hard on over this. Ok I like Forsett, I love the way he runs. But he is WAY too small to be a starter. Best case scenario for him is we cut JJ, draft an o-lineman and Jahvid Best in the 1st round, and he splits carries with Best.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Well if JJ is back next week I think Forsett will be the starter simply because he's the hand hand right now.

But I really don't get why everyone have such a hard on over this. Ok I like Forsett, I love the way he runs. But he is WAY too small to be a starter. Best case scenario for him is we cut JJ, draft an o-lineman and Jahvid Best in the 1st round, and he splits carries with Best.
We could send a team Branch/Jones for a 1st round pick. :lol:

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawks2Cover said:

ah, my mistake. i must have been blocking out some of these last few games and trying to forget them...

EVEN BETTER then... Forsett has had ZERO bad games. proves my point even more.

some small runners can handle a full load without a problem...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
squirreljack said:

Yeah, that passing game looked AMAZING.

Hawks2Cover said:

What do you mean what do I want? Is this a serious question? How about more than 8 yards on 9 carries? Since when is Forsett a receiver?

Forsett got 130 yards against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league. BFD. A hobbled Alexander could have done the same.

You gotta admit he's done alot better then anything we've seen around here for awhile.
I am curious to see how he performs the rest of the season. Im really looking forward to seeing him at home next week!

If he out rushes JJ by EOY then maybe we push RB position upgrades down the priority list behind OL/QB.

Reaction score
szat said:
You gotta admit he's done alot better then anything we've seen around here for awhile.
Granted

szat said:
If he out rushes JJ by EOY then maybe we push RB position upgrades down the priority list behind OL/QB.

Since when is a RB top on the "priority list?" OL is and has been our biggest need by far.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The problem is guys like Forsett and Hawthorne shouldn't even be seeing the field. They are not number one guys. The fact that they are having an impact means your number ones are not. And that is a big problem.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
The problem is guys like Forsett and Hawthorne shouldn't even be seeing the field. They are not number one guys. The fact that they are having an impact means your number ones are not. And that is a big problem.

Why is that? Because they were undrafted or drafted in the later rounds?

Why should Hawthorne never see the field? Because he is out playing Aaron Curry in every aspect? Even though Curry was picked 4th over all and was gifted more $ than any of us on this board combined will ever see?

Guys like Jame Harrison who wasn't drafted and pretty much caste aside until he got a chance to prove himself.... should he not have ever seen the field.

Come on man.... seriously. Yeah, Forsett isn't a big guy and doesn't run a 4.3 40, yeah Hawthorne isn't 6'2" 260.. But both of them have been productive, and have played better than some of their counterparts.

To say they should never see the field is a little ridiculous.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You are missing the point. Is Hawthorne a great story? Sure. But you have your "star" LB on IR sitting on the sidelines. Has Forsett done some good things? You bet. But don't you think it is a problem when your impact players on both sides of the ball are 7th rounders or undrafted and not the guys you drafted and signed to be the core of the team? It is not a knock on Forsett or Hawthorne, rather a criticism of our personnel department.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
You are missing the point. Is Hawthorne a great story? Sure. But you have your "star" LB on IR sitting on the sidelines. Has Forsett done some good things? You bet. But don't you think it is a problem when your impact players on both sides of the ball are 7th rounders or undrafted and not the guys you drafted and signed to be the core of the team? It is not a knock on Forsett or Hawthorne, rather a criticism of our personnel department.

How is it bad if the people drafted late are better then your people drafted early?

Yeah its bad for those early draft picks, because they are losing their starting positions.

Its not like they suck. the early drafts and starters are good.

But when guys like forsett and Hawthorne tear it up and lead the team to a win. then damn good thing we got him...

Who cares when they are drafted... if they are good.

Reaction score
Weren't Willie Parker and James Harrison on the Steelers both undrafted free agents? Just saying...:D

Top Bottom