• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Franchise Leroy Hill ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ruskell tends to reward players he likes with contracts..There have been no contract talks with Hill or his agent, so one can guess the following...we are letting Hill walk or we are going to slap the tag on him..which would cost about 9 mil.

Or they could dump Peterson instead..which in either case sucks because on paper we have the best linebackers in the league. But spending that much money to keep all three doesn't seem likely after the poor play this year..I will say this ,the last time we broke up a great thing was not paying Hutch and it cost us....I hope they think about that before making a dumb move

Reaction score
Hill is a freak and we need to do whatever it takes to keep him. I think they'll end up tagging him, but if they were forced to choose between Hill and Peterson, I'd hope and pray that they'd pick Hill.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
Hill is a freak and we need to do whatever it takes to keep him. I think they'll end up tagging him, but if they were forced to choose between Hill and Peterson, I'd hope and pray that they'd pick Hill.

Only because Leroy is younger and has so many more years left then Peterson.

Number 18 said:
I can't think of another player to use the franchise tag on...

Suggestions anyone?

Seneca, maybe?

Reaction score
Cole said:
seahawkscott19 said:

Only because Leroy is younger and has so many more years left then Peterson.

Number 18 said:
I can't think of another player to use the franchise tag on...

Suggestions anyone?

Seneca, maybe?

Franchise Seneca?!?!? Are you crazy? He would earn an average of the top 10 QBs in the league as a back up?

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace wanted to test the market, so to say. He can be a great starting QB if he is given the chance, but I have a feeling he loves to be on a team that has a chance to go all the way every year (except this year). The only teams that would give him a shot would be the Lions, 49ers, Jets (If Favre "retires"), Chiefs (Although Thigpen seems to be their new QB and a decent one at that) and maybe Cardinals (If Warner decides to retire and Lienart still sucks, nevermind...he does).

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Im really reaching here..but guessing is part of the fun of the draft..LOL...

We let either Hill or Peterson go and with our first pick take Rey Malaluna or James Laurinaitis

Reaction score
#1 We can't franchise Seneca he signed an extension last year for four years.
#2 Leroy will be franchised. If you look at the past (minus Hutch) every player Ruskell has franchised he has signed to a long-term deal.
#3 Only other person I think that caliber wise would be a name I would think of would be Leonard Weaver, but I would choose Hill over Weaver for the tag and expect that to be the case with Seattle.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Technically Hutch wasn't franchised. I would say every player except Brown that Ruskell has franchised has signed. And even the Brown argument would be a stretch since it was the next year he left, not the franchise tagged year.

Judas Brown. I hate him and hope his groin gives out.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
We can pay Hill top ten LB money , we can pay Peterson his increase for this season, or draft one of 3 or 4 LB's in the draft that could go first round and would cost us a fraction of a Hill or Peterson ..Don't get me wrong Hill is and has been my guy..I have his jersey...and Peterson didn't have a great year but..he's solid...but when cash is needed elsewhere on defense from a business stand point the few mil you save going young could be big and the guy we could get could be better or could be worse...who the hell knows

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
with our first pick take Rey Malaluna or James Laurinaitis

are we trading down then?
Malaluna is supposed to be a 15-20
Laurinaitis will go around 28

With our pick you take
Aaron Curry, OLB/ILB, Wake Forest 6' 3" 247 lbs

Reaction score
If Hill is Franchised his salary for the season will be about 8,140,021.60 (If my math is right) That (although I understand that it is the average of the top 5 players for the year at his position) would make him the second highest paid LB in football. It think the Seahawks may save money by just signing him. Franchise someone who would save you money.

Reaction score
Yeah but the question is who is that? I mean I would say Weaver, but truth is you can't franchise a fullback. He would fall under running back and that's costly too.

Reaction score
We drafted Owen Schmitt. I don't see us keeping Weaver around unless he wants to come back cheap. They had a plan with Schmitt and I wouldn't be surprised if it included letting Weaver go to open up some room in the cap.

I've heard somewhere that there has been talks with Hill about a contract and that there is a multi-year deal in the works, but I don't remember where...I could also be wrong, but I swear I heard that. :D

Reaction score
phaZe said:
We drafted Owen Schmitt. I don't see us keeping Weaver around unless he wants to come back cheap. They had a plan with Schmitt and I wouldn't be surprised if it included letting Weaver go to open up some room in the cap.

I've heard somewhere that there has been talks with Hill about a contract and that there is a multi-year deal in the works, but I don't remember where...I could also be wrong, but I swear I heard that. :D

What are you smoking? Leonard Weaver is an absolute beast... We have to sign him.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
phaZe said:

What are you smoking? Leonard Weaver is an absolute beast... We have to sign him.
I dunno man, but I want some more. :lol:

I know we have to sign him, but it wouldn't make since to go out and draft a good FB and keep Weaver. I guess they just really want to be able to throw two fullbacks onto the field for pass protection and big goal line plays.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
No one on the team that is a free agent is worthy of the franchise tag! Leroy will test the market and find that no one loves him like the hawks. He will be a Hawk next year but it will be at a reasonable price, because he wont get the big deal, he thinks he will.

The hawks resign hill, and in free agency pick up a big DT and possibly a big OT,

In the draft they pick up Crabtree a Safety to replace Russell, a QB to replace Matthew in a year or two and maybe LB, because J. P's contract sucks!!!!!

Top Bottom