• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Franchise Leroy Hill ?

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
#1 We can't franchise Seneca he signed an extension last year for four years.
#2 Leroy will be franchised. If you look at the past (minus Hutch) every player Ruskell has franchised he has signed to a long-term deal.
#3 Only other person I think that caliber wise would be a name I would think of would be Leonard Weaver, but I would choose Hill over Weaver for the tag and expect that to be the case with Seattle.
Thank god someone else is paying attention. I want to hit myself in the head after I read some of this stuff! Franchise Senneca? He isn't a free agent! Do you even know what a franchise tag is?

In response to #2 though, Judas Brown was franchised and didn't re-sign.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Can anyone agree that there is not one free agent worthy of the TAG!

Let them all go, Hill will be back, no one appreciates him like the hawks! Plus the draft is pretty deep with LB's

Reaction score
I think a lot of GMs do their research and know about Hill. He is worth the Tag in my personal opinion. I think that they should tag him, trade JP, and consider signing Haynesworth.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
phaZe said:
We drafted Owen Schmitt. I don't see us keeping Weaver around unless he wants to come back cheap. They had a plan with Schmitt and I wouldn't be surprised if it included letting Weaver go to open up some room in the cap.

I've heard somewhere that there has been talks with Hill about a contract and that there is a multi-year deal in the works, but I don't remember where...I could also be wrong, but I swear I heard that. :D

What are you smoking? Leonard Weaver is an absolute beast... We have to sign him.
I dunno man, but I want some more. :lol:

I know we have to sign him, but it wouldn't make since to go out and draft a good FB and keep Weaver. I guess they just really want to be able to throw two fullbacks onto the field for pass protection and big goal line plays.

It's not like we took him in the first round... He was a 2nd day guy.

Reaction score
Seahawks will start contract neogations with those guys probably this week. I think Weaver sticks and Hill might be tagged. It'll be interesting to see if with the raise of money for a LB tag and his arrest if they don't tag him.

Again I think Hill is a great LB, but I think his production is overrated. I think he gets more tackles and sacks cause of the impact of Lofa and JP. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Hill isn't worth the tag... He'd stand to make I would guess about 8 mill next year.

Hill is worth the tag....Lofa said that Hill was better at linebacker then he is...not a guy you want to see go elsewhere and tear it up.....unless you like that feeling of seeing hutch in the pro bowl every year..I don't

Reaction score
I think all of our LB's are worth the money, I just don't think you can pay all three. I would personally think that we can stand to loose JP the most just due to his age (who knows though, look at Ray Lewis). He is an amazing player, but the other two are also. Tough call.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I think all of our LB's are worth the money, I just don't think you can pay all three. I would personally think that we can stand to loose JP the most just due to his age (who knows though, look at Ray Lewis). He is an amazing player, but the other two are also. Tough call.

I don't think thats an option vanilla

Reaction score
The Seahawks and Hill will meet this week to discuss their future and the legal issues.

Mora also talked a little more about Engram as a member of the team in 2009- retired however. He would be part of the orginization kind of like what Mack Strong did after his retirement. Unsure if that has been discussed with Engram or not.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
With 15 Million available for Free Agents I think we can probably keep him for closer to 7 to 8 Million. I dont see us picking up a big name free agent from a different team unless it is an O-Lineman, so re-Signing Hill for 8 million this year is possible.

I think he will test the market and end up back here.

Top Bottom