• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Friday in Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
20111209_seahawks_2004.jpg

A recap of the activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Dec. 9:
FOCUS ON
Tarvaris Jackson. On one play in practice today, the Seahawks’ quarterback took his drop and then threaded a laser of a pass between defenders to wide receiver Mike Williams.
It was just one play, in just another practice, but it also was just another sign of how Jackson is not being affected as much – if at all – by the pectoral he strained in his right shoulder during the Week 5 upset of the New York Giants. This is the first time since returning from the injury that Jackson’s status won’t be a game-day decision for Monday night’s matchup against the St. Louis Rams at CenturyLink Field.
“Sam (Ramsden), the trainer, came up to me today and was like, ‘Stop trying to show off,’ ” Jackson said through a large smile after taking all the starter reps during the 105-minute practice that was held in the indoor practice facility.
“But it feels good to have my arm strength back. I’m kind of happy about it.”
And so is his coach. “The ball was just coming out with more velocity than we’ve seen since before his injury,” Pete Carroll said. “(It’s) really a statement that he’s getting better and that he’s finally turned a corner and that he’s improving.”
Jackson was in such good spirits today that he borrowed a cap from John Boyle of the Everett Herald to slip on before beginning his post-practice Q&A session – probably because he’s waited so long to feel this good while throwing the ball.
“Yeah, it really has,” he said when asked if the lack of pain in his throwing shoulder has surprised him. “Earlier, I was just trying to get to the point where I’d be able to play. Once I got to the game, it was more about trying to make plays than worry about my injury.
“Sometimes, I would feel it. I’ve got more confidence in it now, honestly. My confidence kind of wavered in it. Not confidence, but knowing, ‘I might (not be able to) make that throw.’ Or worrying about if I’m going to feel it after I make that throw, or if I make it will it take me out of the game.”
Not a great way to be playing the quarterback position in the NFL.
“I’m not feeling (the pain) when I throw,” Jackson said. “I’m glad I got all my arm strength back. That’s giving me more confidence.”
ON THE FIELD
The calendar said it was Friday, but at VMAC it was not only Thursday but “Turnover Thursday” because the team plays on Monday night.
Richard Sherman was the theme-setter, as the rookie cornerback intercepted four passes and tipped a fifth that free safety Earl Thomas almost intercepted. Thomas had an interception earlier in practice.
IN ’N OUT
Middle linebacker and leading tackler David Hawthorne sat out his third consecutive practice to rest the sore knee that left him listed as questionable for last week’s game – when he not only played, but returned an interception 77 yards for a touchdown and also shared the team lead with six tackles against the Eagles to earn NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors.
Here’s the official injury report:
Did not practice
DE Raheem Brock (calf)
MLB David Hawthorne (knee)
Limited participation
CB Kennard Cox (hamstring)
Full participation
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral)
CB Byron Maxwell (illness)
For the Rams:
For the Rams:
Did not practice
QB Sam Bradford (ankle)
QB A.J. Feeley (right thumb)
DE Chris Long (ankle)
KR Quinn Porter (abdomen)
DT Fred Robbins (back)
FB Brit Miller (knee)
Limited participation
DE Eugene Sims (ankle)
Full participation
OT Mark LeVoir (chest)
STAT DU JOUR
The Seahawks are plus-4 in turnover ratio entering Monday night’s game, but it’s been a slow climb to reach the positive side. They were in minus territory after each of their first 10 games, including minus-5 after their loss to the Cowboys in Week 9. But they’ve forced 12 turnovers in their past four games, when they’re also 3-1. Here’s a closer look at the turnover turnaround:
Opponent Turnovers
Ravens 3 (two fumble recoveries, one interception)
Rams 3 (two fumble recoveries, one interception)
Redskins 2 (two interceptions)
Eagles 4 (four interceptions)
The Seahawks’ 23 takeaways tie them for fourth most in the league:
Team Takeaways
49ers 28 (16 interceptions, 12 fumble recoveries)
Packers 27 (23 interceptions, four fumble recoveries)
Bears 25 (16 interceptions, nine fumble recoveries)
Seahawks 23 (16 interceptions, seven fumble recoveries)
Texans 23 (17 interceptions, six fumble recoveries)
Patriots 23 (17 interceptions, six fumble recoveries)
Lions 23 (15 interceptions, eight fumble recoveries)
Ravens 23 (13 interceptions, 10 fumble recoveries)
Giants 23 (15 interceptions, eight fumble recoveries)
Jets 23 (14 interceptions, nine fumble recoveries)
UP NEXT
Saturday? Not in Hawkville, where it will be Friday, which means the final full practice before Monday night’s game.
YOU DON’T SAY
“I’ve said it from the beginning to the players that they’re doing the right thing. You’re seeing them go for the ball. We’re seeing them in the right position. We talked to them about how (turnovers) will come in bunches. You’ve just got to keep believing that you’re doing things right and sure enough the last couple of games they have, so we hope to keep going.” – defensive coordinator Gus Bradley on his unit having 12 turnovers in the past four games after getting 11 in the previous eight games, and none in three of their first four games

b.gif
7gHQqTjEl9A

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom