• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Full Episode- Wilson on Gruden's QB Camp.

Bear4Irvin

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey 12th man army,

Its the Bruce Irvin fan here. Now, that I have addopted SEA as my 2nd team, I have been watching the Carol moves closely. After Irvin's pick blew everyone's mind other than me and about 3 GMs, I haven't been firmiliar with any of the guys SEA has picked in 2nd or 3rd.

So, I did research. I like the Wilson pick a lot. I heard minutes ago on the radio that someone who had access to the scouts and GMs at the combine that many thought Wilson threw the best ball. I know its a loose source, but after watching Gruden's QB Camp, I buy it.

Here's a YT Video of the full Episode with Wilson:

Reaction score
I hope Gruden's right. It seems like if Wilson was a few inches taller he would have went in the top 15.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I posted in a thread a while back, "what do you guys think of Russell Wilson", I thought he was amazing, and I had no idea about his height. And i love the pick even more, maybe top 3rd was alittle bit high, but off the charts intangables, amazing physic and toughness, and supersharp. had a 75% competion and very, very, low turnover rate which Pete values the most of his players. thats why they got turbin, thats another reason they had Wilson graded high.

Id bet anyone on this board $100.00 that Russell Wilson is more then a carreer back up. He will start for a NFL team one day.

OP
Bear4Irvin

Bear4Irvin

Huddler
Reaction score
I posted in a thread a while back, "what do you guys think of Russell Wilson", I thought he was amazing, and I had no idea about his height. And i love the pick even more, maybe top 3rd was alittle bit high, but off the charts intangables, amazing physic and toughness, and supersharp. had a 75% competion and very, very, low turnover rate which Pete values the most of his players. thats why they got turbin, thats another reason they had Wilson graded high.

Id bet anyone on this board $100.00 that Russell Wilson is more then a carreer back up. He will start for a NFL team one day.

100 that he will win the QB competition this yr? No, way do I see it. Teams who pay FA QBs like Flynn feel oblgated to start em sue to fear of criticism. But, I really liked Wallace and would have liked to see him get a real shot in Seattle. He played very well vs Chicago 2 yrs ago.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm glad that we didn't just settle for Flynn and brought in someone else , even if Wilson doesn't work out at least they made the effort that I argued about for months. I don't think either guy is the franchise but we can't do much about it until next year, when we pull a Redskins move for Barkley.

TraumaHawk2011

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm glad that we didn't just settle for Flynn and brought in someone else , even if Wilson doesn't work out at least they made the effort that I argued about for months. I don't think either guy is the franchise but we can't do much about it until next year, when we pull a Redskins move for Barkley.

Some people will never be happy I guess... Next year??? Laughable

Flynn is the franchise
Wilson the rookie to be future or to trade (like Flynn) in a few years.

I'm sorry you don't like this scenario but this is the truth. Barkley WILL NOT be a Seahawk

TraumaHawk2011

Huddler
Reaction score
Sorry Ida I guess you know it all. Why don't you shot Pete a message and point him in the right direction will ya?

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson can easily sit 2-4 years in the bench behind Flynn. Then he can either supersede Flynn or if Flynn is The Man, be traded somewhere else. Probably RW will get some starting changes due to injuries during that time. I just dont see a downside in this whole issue!

There is a good chance that one of these two will be the difference maker in the future. When the offseason started, I did not believe in a situation this good in my wildest dreams :)

My two cents:

2012: Flynn starts, Jackson second, Wilson third
2013: Flynn Starts, Wilson second, ? third
2014: ?

If all of the options do not flop totally, Barkley will not be a Seahawk. If all goes to hell, we have a chance at getting Barkley. Not so grim future after all :)

Reaction score
Don't forget Landry Jones, I wouldn't be shocked if his stock rose enough to be the fiirst QB taken next year.

Also its probably:

This year: Flynn, Jackson, Wilson and Portis to the practice squad.
Next year: Flynn, Wilson, Portis

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Im sorry Ive just been a fan all year of Russell Wilson, and the more i see, read, hear about him, Im so excited about the potential! How can you deny this:

Watch the whole video, his delivery is amazing, he is constantly scanning and reading the defense, anticipates where and when his target is going to be, delivers the ball with touch in small windows with a flick of the wrist, has one of the best pump fakes ive seen (likened to Brett Farve IMO) eludes pressure, and can run like the wind. Has mental and physically toughness. Theres only one player over all that I can compare him too.

MICHAEL VICK

Reaction score
Szat, I think most would agree with what you're saying. I think the guy would be given 10 in almost every category. The big knock on him is his height. Not too many under 6 foot guys in the league have had success. People compare him to Brees and Vick, but even those guys are 6' and almost 2 inches taller. If he can over comr his height, this guy could be amazing. We shall see. If he does succeed, I sure as hell hope its here and not somewhere else.

Top Bottom