• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Titans

Idahawk

Reaction score
Frost on the pumpkin this morning over here in Idaho and what seems like a rare home game and 1 o'clock start , firing up the smoker for some brined turkey , Atomic buffalo turds and scotch eggs .....

It will be interesting to see if we can make progress on offense and finish drives, I think the D has a field day against the back up Fitzpatrick who did not learn at Harvard that INTs lose games . Titans have a solid D and good DBs , but I think the Hawks are on a mission to finish every drive and not let up .

Hawks 42- Titans 10

udumyteg.jpg

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Lot of people were predicting a closer game than people think. So far it's looking like the Hawks are gonna have to earn this one. What's wrong with the LoB? Another big play given up when they had them pinned back at the goal line.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
What kind of crap play was that just before halftime? That has to be about the worst play I have seen in years. It was pure garbage! Who called that shit?

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Which one you talking about, the toss by Wilson to the official that cost the Hawks about 7 seconds, the botched hold on the FG, the subsequent screwup by the holder when he threw the ball to the defense for a 90 yard touchdown pass, or the false start penalty on the previous play by Carp that forced them to burn their last timeout and instigated the whole ugly scenario?

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch is probably the lone bright spot so far. The Hawks have got to get a sustained passing game going. They haven't really had one all season. Most of their "passing yards" have been coming from Wilson running the football going all the way back to the 2nd half of the Houston game. Kudos to Wilson for his runs, they have been vital. But they have nothing for a passing game so far. Where's the TE, Baldwin, Rice been? Most of it has just been Tate and some dump-offs to Lynch.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
So we won, but we damn near lost to the Titans at home, what the hell? I think we need to be concerned, Wilson saved the game by recovering that fumble.

Where is the deep threat? 5 fumbles on the day? This does not look like a Championship offense.

Yeah go ahead and say the Titans are a much improved team even with the backup QB in but they are nothing compared to Denver or the Pats. This game should have been a blow out. If we are seriously contending for the SB we have to be better than this.

And then to top it off there's this:mad:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-fans-set-loudest-stadium-record-at-arrowhead

Last edited:

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned, I think some of you are overreacting. Have to remember we are without 2 key linemen and PH still. Can't expect this offense to be as smoothly running as it normally is...

Reaction score
Okay, so, this may sound crazy and extremely out of character for me, but was I the only that watched this game and thought "the Hawks will win despite their shitty play on offense and special teams"? I mean come on, they did just about everything to lose and still won. The end of the first half should've been 7 more points, 3 at the worst and then to give up a 90+ return for a TD??! Then, the fumble by Lynch in the red zone that the Titans LB just scoops to Wilson. Are you kidding me. Despite how hard we tried to lose, we were the much better team and the defense came up big and made up for any of the offenses ineptness.

Reaction score
I'm not too concerned, I think some of you are overreacting. Have to remember we are without 2 key linemen and PH still. Can't expect this offense to be as smoothly running as it normally is...
I agreed whole heartedly. Except for the avatar. That's gotta go

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score

It all kinda depends on how you look at it. Keep in mind the O-line was probably playing in the bottom 10 or so even before the injuries. So when they get healthy, they still have some unfinished work to do. And why can't this team just pick up where they left off the previous season? Back in 2011, they started out with an overhauled O-line that was arguably the worst in the league both in run blocking and pass blocking. By the end of the season they had gelled and fell about 10 points short of finishing on an 8 game winning streak after a 2-6 start. Then instead of picking up where they left off to start 2012, they came in with issues again. Then as 2012 rolled on the O-line came together and the Hawks were the toast of the NFL over the last 5 weeks. Now this year it's the same thing again. Just like how they started off last year. Can't pin it on the injuries neither. The line was knocked around throughout the preseason on through the first few games until the injuries started knocking out the starters.
It's not just the O-line though. Wilson has been off target and he's turning the ball over more this year. The only QB in the top 15 with more turns than Wilson right now is Tannehill. Sure, it's a run-oriented offense but the passing game has to get established for it to truly have the balance needed to win big. It hasn't happened yet.

And I haven't even mentioned the defense yet. The secondary came in ranked 10th in passing yards allowed. Normally you'd take that but when arguably the biggest strength of the team and the biggest reason the team is considered in serious contention is because of the Legion of Boom, then 10th best is NOT good enough. 10th best puts them in the bend-but-don't-break category, not the elite category.

Even with the current issues, the Hawks are still a very good team. But not good enough to win the Super Bowl. I can think of at least five teams who would have beaten the Hawks at the CLink today. Denver, Indy, GB, the Niners, Saints and Patriots to name a few.

Overreacting? I'm guessing the Seahawks are talking about and preparing to address all these issues I've laid out here and they'd be the first to say they got some things to work out.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
But hey, here's the short version to all you homers from the homer in me. I'm happy as hell the Hawks won and that they are 5-1. In a way 12thManFan you're right and these issues are fixable. Underneath the bad stuff in today's game that Super Bowl caliber team is still there. They just took a little roll in the mud today but all they gotta do is wash it off and move on. They still won so no damage done.

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm playing the devil's advocate here, but what I can't understand is why didn't Tennessee try for the on side kick? I can sorta understand them playing it safe and opting for a field goal on their previous possession. But relying on your defense to try and stop Wilson and Lynch from getting their 1st downs is a pretty tall order.

Anyway, it was a good win - not a great one, but still good despite the mistakes made during the game. :)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Anyway, it was a good win - not a great one, but still good despite the mistakes made during the game.
In one way it was a great win and shows something the Hawks can maybe do better than any team in the league and that's win the ugly ones. Very few teams could have fumbled the ball five times and give up what was potentially a 14 point swing (when considering all the gaffes, including the false start penalty on Carp and the iffy toss to the ref by Wilson that cost them precious seconds and forced them to go for three instead of getting a TD) before the half and still win. The problem was that the ugliness was their own doing. So it was kind of a mixed bag.

Tennessee's not a half bad team neither so there's that too. Fundamentally sound teams like them tend to make you pay more for mistakes since they generally don't make very many of their own.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawks played down to Titans today. Got dicey, but I never felt like they werent in control, besides the 'romo'd FG hold.

LOB played soft today. BB got sidelined for WT3 for a spell, thought he did good. ET is a tasmanian devil, what a freak!

OL still struggled understandably but what worries me is how RW is not finding targets (again) down field when he scrambles. That was one of his biggest threats in college and last year. When you extend the play Recievers become uncovered. I saw TE Davis running wide open behind the secondary and RW chooses to tuck an run. I think he is doing it out of habit now. Let er Rip Wilson! You know hes got the arm/accuracy talent to do it. This offense is not clicking yet.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Glad to be done with the AFC , I can't say we looked like world beaters in any of those games , gave up 17 at home to the Jags , barely beat the Texans , lost to Indy and looked shaky against the Titans . I hope moving on to a couple familiar foes improves things , but I'd say right now we don't look right .

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
BTW Maragos knee was down , not sure why that didn't get overturned its as clear as day on the replay .

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
BTW Maragos knee was down , not sure why that didn't get overturned its as clear as day on the replay .

I agree that was a really bad call. I think they called it because a defenders arm is under his knee? Regardless, some portion of Maragos leg touched the ground.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Usually when the Seahawks play an ugly game like that we lose. I'll take the W.

I heard PC say that next time Wilson will do the holding if it comes down to that. Ugly attempt....we should have just went for it and ended the half.

Top Bottom