• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hass' injury info

Reaction score
From nfl.com:

SAN FRANCISCO -- Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was taken to a hospital for X-rays and a CT scan after injuring his ribs on a hard hit late in the second quarter of Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers.

The X-rays were negative and the CT scan was inconclusive, according to Seahawks coach Jim Mora, and Hasselbeck rejoined his teammates for the 2-hour flight home shortly after the 23-10 loss to the 49ers.

"It is a rib bruise at this point," Mora said of Hasselbeck's injury. "He's doing much better ... he's feeling much more comfortable. We believe at this point, and it's very preliminary, that he's going to be OK."

Hasselbeck went down for several minutes with 26 seconds left before halftime when 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis stuck the quarterback in the back as he was trying to dive for the end zone and was stopped at the 1-yard line.

Hasselbeck got up and was wobbly as he made his way to the sideline, where he fell to his knees and was quickly swarmed by Seahawks coaches and trainers.

"I don't know how you tell him to do anything different than he did," Mora said. "You love to see that, but you hate to see the results. We'll keep our fingers crossed."

Backup Seneca Wallace came in on the play after Hasselbeck was hurt and threw a 1-yard touchdown pass to Julius Jones to pull Seattle within 13-10.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

94949'er

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Hasselbeck said he is going to be alright on Twitter. Hopefully we can have him back against the Bears.

He posted this on Twitter:
31119222.jpg

hate to say it, but the Bears will kill you, and your QB. thats an angry defense. niners are just an efficient defense. the Bears will be looking to hurt you.

Reaction score
94949'er said:
phaZe said:
Hasselbeck said he is going to be alright on Twitter. Hopefully we can have him back against the Bears.

He posted this on Twitter:
31119222.jpg

hate to say it, but the Bears will kill you, and your QB. thats an angry defense. niners are just an efficient defense. the Bears will be looking to hurt you.
Have fun scoring 3 points against the Vikings.

Reaction score
Medical tests have determined that Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, who took a hard hit in the first half of Sunday's loss to the San Francisco 49ers, has a fractured rib, a league source said Monday.

via ESPN.com

S

Seattlehawk94

Teel SHOULD start...He's a QB...Apple Sauce is a highpowered RB without an arm..Matthew will suck it up and play though...He's a winner...

"Efficient"? By "Efficient" you mean taking cheapshots on a defenseless QB after he's down? Yep..."Effiecient"...I hope Patrick Willis does that again and next time his neck is the thing that suffers an injury...Not hoping for him to go all Christopher Reeve but just hurt enough so his career ends....Karma will get fucko one day for leading with his helmet, and when it does he better hope it doesn't decide to be a bitch...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Teel SHOULD start...He's a QB...Apple Sauce is a highpowered RB without an arm..Matthew will suck it up and play though...He's a winner...

"Efficient"? By "Efficient" you mean taking cheapshots on a defenseless QB after he's down? Yep..."Effiecient"...I hope Patrick Willis does that again and next time his neck is the thing that suffers an injury...Not hoping for him to go all Christopher Reeve but just hurt enough so his career ends....Karma will get fucko one day for leading with his helmet, and when it does he better hope it doesn't decide to be a bitch...
Hasselbeck will try to play, but this type of injury can hurt pretty bad and I think it will be up to the coaching staff. Whenever he rotates his body to throw he will feel the pain. It's the same injury that Donovan McNabb suffered, but McNabb probably broke his more towards the middle of his body rather than the side.

Reaction score
Seattle is preparing as if Hasselbeck will miss this weeks game according to Jim Mora. That means Seneca Wallace will be practicing with the first-team offense and look for us to try a few veteran QBs out Tuesday.

Uncle Tomahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think its pretty safe to say Matts not gonna be starting this week. If McNabb couldnt do it and his injury isnt as bad, thats what ive heard, i really doubt Matt will be able to or the staff would even let him.

I think, wishfully maybe, that Seneca is will light it up on Sunday.

Reaction score
my belief about Seneca is that he is smart, fast and capable...i think where we have fallen short with him, for one, not giving him enough time (decimated offense last year) and the fact that he isn't tall enough, they have him listed at a generous 5-11 and i think sometimes he misses open guys because of his troubles seeing over the line especially in blitz situations...look for the hawks to roll him out as much as possible, he could be a baaaaad man if that happens

Reaction score
I hope Matt can come back... Although us as seahawk fans know about players coming back to early.... so I just hope he can play soon, when he is ready. I think Teel does fit better in our offense than Seneca though.

Top Bottom