• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hasselbeck's team, and other news and notes

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score

A strong indication that Matt Hasselbeck is the guy in Seattle than the fact that he is the first guy Justin Forsettt called last week. Not only that-Hasselbeck is familiar with new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell back when they both were in Green Bay.

Forsett told ESPN, "It started a couple weeks ago. I just had a feeling that we need to get the guys together and get some chemistry so it would be an easier transition to whenever we go back to football. I called Matt (Hasselbeck) first to see what he thought. He was for it. I knew if I had him on board, a lot of guys would want to work out. He is the only one who really knows the playbook, having been under (new coordinator) Darrell Bevell before. We get a chance to listen to some of the terminology and get a jump start on that. After that, I sent out some emails. I got in touch with agents for rookies. I went through Twitter and Facebook. The response was really good. Guys flew in from all over.”

Roughly 40 players were at the University of Washington for the lockout workout, where Hasselbeck passed out play sheets and led the entire workout. Charlie Whitehurst was at the workout and put in time at QB.

Hasselbeck doesn't sound like a guy who will be a goner, as one prominent NFL media member thinks. That writer believes Whitehurst is the guy. Hasselbeck's actions are totally voluntary and the Seahawks could still not re-sign him. But Hasselbeck is putting in a lot of effort into the team for a guy who could be elsewhere in a few short months.

For now, this is Hasselbeck's team.

-Wideout Mike Williams says he's been doing cardio six hours a day and vowed to reporters, via the Seattle PI, that he won't be fat.

This whole offseason, everyone’s been saying, ‘Oh, all this time off and his attitude, he’s going to be fat again," he said.

"Well, good luck with that. I’m here having a good time and let’s get back to work.”

-NFL owners and Players Union reps are meeting this week while they await for a U.S. Court of Appeals to make a ruling on the players lawsuit against the owners. If the court upholds the ruling, the lockout would be lifted. That ruling may not come until July.

-According to the Sports Business Journal, the NFL owners allegedly have an eight-game regular season a Plan C or so. That sounds like PR ploy by the owners to put public pressure on the players.

-There is some talk the Seahawks could return to the Silver Helmet and or have a uniform makeover.

-Adam Schein of Sirius NFL Radio ranks the Seahawks as the 12th best "organization" in the NFL.
He writes, "The facilities are state of the art. The home-field advantage with the “12th man” is significant. Coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider inherited a total mess. They were super-active last season, bringing in different combinations of players, leading to a street free-agent gem likeMike Williams. Hiring Tom Cable to coach the offensive line was a great move. Seattle, finally, has a good structure in place."

-Former Seahawk Shaun Alexander and cover athlete on Madden '07, will be a part of a limited edition Madden Hall of Fame trading card pack featuring each of the Madden cover athletes. The cards will be released in conjunction with the Madden '12 Hall of Fame limited edition video game later this summer.

That's it for now, more next Wednesday.

OP
travisduncan

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
No prob. hoping to find more info on the uni's as the summer progresses

Top Bottom