• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hill Out At Least 6 Weeks

Reaction score
Associated Press said:
RENTON, Wash. -- Seahawks linebacker Leroy Hill is out until at least November.

Coach Jim Mora said Wednesday that further tests on Hill's groin showed more extensive damage than first believed, including a partially torn muscle. Hill may need surgery.

Mora says Hill will be out at least until Seattle plays at Dallas on Nov. 1 following the bye week.

Seattle signed Hill to a six-year contract worth a guaranteed $15.5 million in the spring. The deal could be worth $38 million.

Will Herring, usually a special-teamer, will make his second career start at outside linebacker Sunday at San Francisco. This week Seattle re-signed recently waived veteran D.D. Lewis to add depth to the position.
Damn...I'm just glad we brought back D.D. and have 4 good LBs who can take advantage of him being out to make a statement of their own.

Reaction score
Herring played his ass off in preseason, and even though it sucks to have Hill out, I am not overlly concerned because we have depth at LB.

I say they should rotate Herring/Heater out there. Those two will get it done.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
Herring played his ass off in preseason, and even though it sucks to have Hill out, I am not overlly concerned because we have depth at LB.

I say they should rotate Herring/Heater out there. Those two will get it done.

^

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
Man...arn't you glad he signed that big ass contract???? Hope there are some injury clauses in there that will give us SOMETHING back for next year.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
RhewChuryll said:
Man...arn't you glad he signed that big ass contract???? Hope there are some injury clauses in there that will give us SOMETHING back for next year.
He never has been injury prone so I don't think they would include that type of clause, but I think if we resign Branch we need to add a bunch of those. :D

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
RhewChuryll said:
He never has been injury prone so I don't think they would include that type of clause, but I think if we resign Branch we need to add a bunch of those. :D

Eh, Thats true, even though he was out of 3 or 4 games last year. There should be an injury clause for every player. But that could be a catch 22 on future contract negotiations.

Sucks to see Hill out, but I've said before on other occasions that our depth at Linebacker is going to come in handy in the future.

Hawks2Cover

Huddler
Reaction score
We're talking some fresh and motivated Leroy Hill coming in after the bye week. If we don't experience too big a drop off in the interim, this could be a good thing...?

Reaction score
Hill never has played a full season as I've said multiple times in my blog. Yes Hill is good don't get me wrong, but he has never played a full season... NEVER!

Reaction score
Hill and Trufant back after week 6?

That would be a pretty nice booster shot in the arm for the defense.

Top Bottom