• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hill unfranchised?

Reaction score
Ruskell said in a press conference after the Seahawks drafted Curry that they are still pursuing a long term deal with Hill.

And, I looked it up and this is what it says: "If a club withdraws their offered contract the player immediately reverts to an unrestricted free agent."

Reaction score
Wow...it's pretty much official. The guy just posted the video from NFL Network on there. They wouldn't say it unless it was actually true...:(

Man, I give this day a D now.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I hope we can still sign him... We just can't afford to franchise him. We put him in a bad position now though because now no one can afford him.

If not now we can afford to sign Lucas and DJ Hackett.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I hope we can still sign him... We just can't afford to franchise him. We put him in a bad position now though because now no one can afford him.

Maybe this is a move by the Seahawks to allow them to give Leroy Hill less money?

I dunno though, I'm just trying to figure out why they would do it besides the fact they don't want him anymore... :cry:

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:

Maybe this is a move by the Seahawks to allow them to give Leroy Hill less money?

I dunno though, I'm just trying to figure out why they would do it besides the fact they don't want him anymore... :cry:

We can't afford to pay him 8 mill

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:

We can't afford to pay him 8 mill
Exactly, so maybe they did to so they can sign him to a "cheaper" contract? I dunno, I won't fully believe it until there's an official release. The NFL Network only showed Hill once and have yet to talk about him since.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Exactly, so maybe they did to so they can sign him to a "cheaper" contract? I dunno, I won't fully believe it until there's an official release. The NFL Network only showed Hill once and have yet to talk about him since.

I hope that's what this is... Or we can sure up some question areas.

Reaction score
Here is the latest I'm hearing:

-Move happened 26 minutes ago. I am supposed to be typing an article up about Curry, but am awaiting confirmation to this.

Reaction score
Here is an explanition taken from Free Agency rules in the NFL:
A club may withdraw a franchise or transition designation at any time. The player becomes an unrestricted free agent when that withdrawal occurs, and the team can use one of the designations on another player at the appropriate time.

Interesting now we have no one to use it on.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I hope that's what this is... Or we can sure up some question areas.
I hope so too. It just doesn't make any sense to just remove the tag and let him walk when we could try trading him like the Patriots did with Cassel. I'm sure we could have gotten a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.

Reaction score
They just talked about Hill on NFL Network, but it looked like it's just a replay from an hour ago.

Reaction score
My thoughts:
We must have shopped him around and having said that it's possible no one is interested in signing him. I don't think there will be a team to offer him 6 yrs $36 like we did earlier in the off-season. I give it a few weeks let him live the free-agency life until he re-signs with us. Not a big deal he was going to hold-out and miss the Mini Camps anyways.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
My thoughts:
We must have shopped him around and having said that it's possible no one is interested in signing him. I don't think there will be a team to offer him 6 yrs $36 like we did earlier in the off-season. I give it a few weeks let him live the free-agency life until he re-signs with us. Not a big deal he was going to hold-out and miss the Mini Camps anyways.
I really hate players like him. They act like they love the organization and then their contract expires and they show their true colors or should I say one color, that color being green.

Reaction score
phaze-
Welcome to the life of Greed. I can't judge them cause I've never been in their boots, but I don't know who I would listen to when I want to sign and my agent says "you could probably get 7 or 8 million a year in the market." Tough shoes. I justh ope a few weeks passes and he realizes our offer was the best. Then you wonder will Ruskell stick to his guns and say "We don't want you or need you?" The next few weeks will be a ride for us all.

Reaction score
Earlier in the day he said the Seahawks are still wanting to sign him to a long term deal, but then a few hours later they change their minds? I dunno, hopefully he doesn't find and offers and comes back to Seattle "cheap".

Reaction score
I just watched another video on Seahawks.com with Jim Mora telling Curry that he will be a Seattle Seahawk and said with him the Seahawks will have the best Linebacker Corps in the league.

I really think the Seahawks are going to sign Hill to a long term contract. Mora wouldn't suggest that if he knew Hill wouldn't be a Seahawk anymore.

It's probably exactly what 096 is saying. They want to show him that no one else is willing to pay him that much that will be a playoff contender in 2009 like the Seahawks are.

Top Bottom