• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is a #1 WR the biggest offseason need ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm sure that will be the talk leading up to the draft . I certainly think a large prototypical WR could help Wilson and based on the luck we've had with FA wide receivers , taking one in the draft is the better option in my opinion. It's possible Matthews could be that guy , but we only have the Super Bowl and the fact he was playing a team that had never seen him before to go with .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes lets get someone in the draft. I would like someone alittle more speedy and polished, a potential elite guy that can separate.

I think Norwood and Richardson will step into bigger roles next year.

And I hope they try to trade or release ADB (angry doug) after all his immature antics during SB I am just done with him. He has little mans syndrome and IS at best a #3 slot WR. I'd take Bobby engram any day over him. Which is hard for me to say, because I have met Doug and he is a really cool guy in person. Cant stand his bitchin'. Rule number 2 of Pete Carrols. NO COMPLAINING

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
When is Baldwin due for a new contract? You definitely want to hang onto him if you can get him for another season on the cheap, especially with the unknowns surrounding PRich and Norwood. Baldwin's the most stable element of the WR corps at the moment, along with Kearse. Just gotta hope he grows up a bit. He's still got a knack for coming through in clutch situations and played a big part in both conference title games.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
When is Baldwin due for a new contract? You definitely want to hang onto him if you can get him for another season on the cheap, especially with the unknowns surrounding PRich and Norwood. Baldwin's the most stable element of the WR corps at the moment, along with Kearse. Just gotta hope he grows up a bit. He's still got a knack for coming through in clutch situations and played a big part in both conference title games.

They resigned him last year for big money! $$

In this case you would say his contract has outlived him!

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
WR is still imo our biggest need, personally I REALLY like Ty Montgomery for where we will be drafting from. I think for our scheme, he's a match made in heaven. He would also fix our issues at punt and kick returning. However, because our roster will be locked up for the most part, I wouldn't be mad if we made a trade into the top 15 for a big play guy.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Receiver is definitely important. And I think we will most likely need to look in the draft. Don't see us having a lot of $$ to spend on a free agent (and our track record there is questionable anyway) after offering Beastmode an extension and huge deals looming for Russ and Bobby. Mathews looked great in the Super Bowl, but there has to be a reason it took so many injuries to get him onto the field. The only thing I know for sure is the Hawks will do the last thing we expect them to do when draft day comes.

Also read an article today that Suh wants to play here, that is most likely not going to happen either, but how awesome would that be having him and Mebane, or even Bennett in the center of our D-line. Unfortunately he's gonna get paid a lot more than we'll be able to put on the table.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know but I would think TE is a bigger need than WR. Maybe OL help too.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know but I would think TE is a bigger need than WR. Maybe OL help too.
Wouldn't be the case if Zach Miller could ever stay healthy and Luke Willson would pan out. Willson was putting a nice little string of games together but then kinda disappeared again in the title game and SB.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Only 6 catches this season. We don't seem to use the position much to catch the ball, which is surprising to me considering how often we run.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think DT is also a pos of need. Larry Fitzgerald will be on the market soon, that would be awesome to get him though I am not sure we have the cap room for him.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Well Ndomakung Suh wants to come to Seattle, it's possible other FA's will want to also. Perhaps reducing their $$ demands for a couple seasons.

Unlike Basketball and Baseball where you can conceivably play forever, NFL = Not For Long and these guys grab as much money as they can.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Lot's of players over the years have said they'll take less money for a chance at a ring. But I can't think of anyone who has actually done it. They all sign with whoever offers them the most money. Suh will be no different, maybe if we can come close, but I think the amount of money we will be able to offer will not even be close to what he will get from other teams with more cap space. We simply can't afford his services with the need to take care of our own players due for new deals.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think after Wilson and Maxwell along with An extension for Lynch , the pocket book may be a little light.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think after Wilson and Maxwell along with An extension for Lynch , the pocket book may be a little light.

Don't forget Bobby! We have to keep him, our Run D significantly dropped off when he was injured.

Top Bottom