• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Adam Schefter the biggest douche in the world

Reaction score
Maybe Mora wants another #1 pick with Wallace at QB next year :roll:
Ruskell has f'd this up by not drafting a RB and wasting big$$$$$ on JJ and Duckett
He also has not even sniffed a QB in the 1st day of the draft

Adam Schefter
Hasselbeck’s time in Seattle may be limited
Posted: November 23rd, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle Seahawks

For multiple reasons, Seattle is starting to ponder life without quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.

Hasselbeck’s biggest supporter, head coach Mike Holmgren, is leaving the team next season and the dynamics of the team will be different. Plus, next season is the last season of Hasselbeck’s contract. It carries a $9.5 million salary-cap number next season.

If Seattle traded or cut Hassebeck, he would count $3.2 million against their salary cap but, more important, he also would free up $6.3 million worth of salary-cap space. The problem is, which quarterback would fill it?

The Seahawks don’t have a QB-in-waiting the way Philadelphia does. If they did, they would have the type of options the Eagles now do with Donovan McNabb. But Seattle has not groomed Hasselbeck’s successor, so the Seahawks might have little choice but to stick with their veteran for one more season.

But the team will explore ways to upgrade the position and, even with all its needs, is expected to draft a young quarterback.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think he's a douche, the guy is RIGHT! Seriously guys, the Hasselbeck train has left the station and isn't coming back, it's time to move on. Although I don't justify dumping him just yet, we have to pick up a young promising QB for him to groom, and whither that comes from the draft or FA, I really don't care. Wallace can't carry this team or groom a future QB, Hass has to stay for at least a year or so depending when we pick up our future QB. But once we do get that QB, I'm totally ok with dumping his ass, his glory days are GONE and his days at being a "good" quarterback are numbered. I say he should retire and be our QB's coach in the future, I'd hate to see Hass play for another year. So, I guess when I say dump his ass, I really mean, retire his ass and make him QB's coach.

Reaction score
Yeah Adam is right in this article. Let's not forget guys Hass is 33 and has a bad knee and now back. Time is starting to tick.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I would rather see him play at least one more season - healthy.

But whatever is best for the team. Just don't bring in Vick. JHC.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Matt Cassle is a UFA next year and thats my horse...I mean he needs very little " grooming " and he is young and has talent...we will need to Deal Hass to get him but ..if your re-building then re-build Hass could go be a back up in New England or maybe Start for the Lions ,Vikings ect...I think Hass has just lost to many pieces of the puzzle here for him to be confident any more and who knows how bad this back thing is.

Reaction score
Get Crabtree and Graham Harrel...:D

But yeah, I agree with Adam on this. Hasselbeck's starting to show his age with all his injuries and Wallace isn't exactly a starting QB and Frye is far from one now. I doubt any free agent would be able to come right in and know the plays like Hasselbeck does. They NEED to draft the future QB now and get him going. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasselbeck only lasts 2 more seasons with the Seahawks and probably even the NFL in general.

Top Bottom