• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kearse shines

Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it, but dude looks like he's going to be a solid WR/KR. Reminds me a bit of Nate Burleson. Never going to be a true #1 WR, but a solid #2.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
With his play at WR and Special teams I,m sure he has made this team. He has looked great so far in preseason.

When he broke free I was yelling "He's In, He's in!!". He'd have to really f up now after performing that well with the 1's.
Man, I could not believe his speed, he tourched em, he has an amazing 3rd gear.

#hawk-dawg

Reaction score
When he broke free I was yelling "He's In, He's in!!". He'd have to really f up now after performing that well with the 1's.
Man, I could not believe his speed, he tourched em, he has an amazing 3rd gear.

#GoDucks!

He ran a 4.43 40

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Not really. Check my reply in the Stephen Williams thread. I thinking having Harvin on PUP will help make this decision easier.

I was thinking about other positions too but I hear you. Didn't we have 5 active WR last year? 6 would mean one less player somewhere else unless you are thinking we practice squad Kearse or Williams when Harvin returns. We are heavy on RB's too, Ware and Coleman looked good. Quite a few promising prospects on the D side, Lotulelei looks like a keeper. Hopefully the practice squad can hang on to them.

Reaction score
I was thinking about other positions too but I hear you. Didn't we have 5 active WR last year? 6 would mean one less player somewhere else unless you are thinking we practice squad Kearse or Williams when Harvin returns. We are heavy on RB's too, Ware and Coleman looked good. Quite a few promising prospects on the D side, Lotulelei looks like a keeper. Hopefully the practice squad can hang on to them.
Well, we did clear a spot on the roster with the Moffit trade. I'm going to try and put together a 53 man roster sometime today and see what I come up with. I just can't see them not keeping Kearse, Harper or Williams.

Reaction score
Whenever someone goes down (Harvin), someone else has to step up and Kearse has definitely done that. I know it's only preseason, but he's playing pretty well right now.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
e Sando
(1:32 PM)

I think Jermaine Kearse will earn a spot on the 53-man roster along with five other receivers, including Stephen Williams, with Percy Harvin going on reserve/PUP and not counting against the 53-man limit. Just seems to me Kearse and Williams have played too well not to stick, and it might be premature to release Chris Harper, a rookie fourth-rounder, even though he seemingly hasn't factored to the same degree. That is just my feel. From there, I am not expecting Kearse to do as much. The fifth and sixth receivers on a team usually don't factor a great deal in the absence of injuries

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Gabe Carimi, Derek Sherrod, James Carpenter, David DeCastro, 2013 NFL draft, Jonathan Cooper
Wilson: Kearse making 'unbelievable plays'
August, 27, 2013
Aug 27
12:41
PM ET
By Terry Blount | ESPN.com
RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson isn’t one to speak critically of any player, but Wilson can’t say enough good things about second-year receiver Jermaine Kearse and what Kearse has done in the preseason.

[+] Enlarge
Harry How/Getty ImagesSeattle QB Russell Wilson says receiver Jermaine Kearse has really been impressive so far this offseason.
“Jermaine deserves the most improved award,” Wilson said. “He was great before he came in, but he’s electrifying out there. He does a lot of great things.”

Kearse has three touchdowns in the preseason, two receiving and one on a spectacular 107-yard kickoff return against Denver. It was the first time Kearse had returned a kickoff since his high school days at Lakes High School in Lakewood, Wash.

“You guys saw the kickoff return,” Wilson said. “And he’s made some unbelievable plays [in practice]. He’s very smooth in his routes and he’s very deceptive with how he gets out of his breaks and everything.”

Kearse (6-1, 210) is popular with many Seahawks fans because he a local guy who played college football at the University of Washington. He’s popular with Wilson because of his ability and his work ethic.

“Jermaine is a very explosive player with a lot of speed, and he just loves the game,” Wilson said. “I really noticed that when we went down to California [before training camp] to go throw. Jermaine was one of the guys that really stood out to me. I saw that he was a guy who was really dedicated to his craft. He has great potential to be something really special.”

Kearse has four receptions for 52 yards in the first three preseason games. With Percy Harvin out until at least late November and Sidney Rice nursing a knee situation and not playing until the regular season begins, Kearse has gotten a lot of time on the field in practice and in the games.

He also has something new this year -- better vision. Kearse had Lasik surgery in the offseason and no longer wears contacts.

“It’s just one less thing I have to worry about,” Kearse said. “Sometimes in the past, my contacts would move around when I ran routes and briefly blur my vision. I don’t have that problem now, obviously. It’s just nice not to have to mess with it anymore.”

Top Bottom