• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kerney has Surgery Again

Reaction score
According to NFL Radio Patrick Kerney has had surgery again to clear up bone chips. They said he will be ready come Training Camp, but will miss mini-camp.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Seattle Times isn't expecting him to be ready and in fact saying he may be placed on the PUP meaning he will have to miss at least 6-weeks (Our bye isn't until week 7).

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Seattle Times isn't expecting him to be ready and in fact saying he may be placed on the PUP meaning he will have to miss at least 6-weeks (Our bye isn't until week 7).

Is there a link to the Seattle Times article??

Reaction score
I doubt they would have him miss 6 weeks unless he was going to miss a majority of the weeks due to the injury and not due to the PUP being put on him.

How can a surgery to remove bone chips make him miss such a long time?

Reaction score
If this really turns out to be the case I will not be very happy...

We clearly had no pass rush with Kerneys absence.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Kerney is getting up there in age, and it's hard to recover from these things the older you get, that being said we might be getting closer to dropping him, which would free up more cap space, especially if he is gonna miss half the damn season.

Reaction score
Nothing surprises me anymore.

If you told me two months ago they would release JP, I would have tracked you down and slapped the sh*t out of you!

I do doubt it though, because we don't have anyone on our roster that even comes close to Kerneys presence.

When we traded JP we still had Lofa and Hill, not to mention the draft coming up.

Reaction score
If dropping Kerney means getting Hill back, go for it. If you have enough talent at Linebacker you don't need amazing pass rushers at defensive end. They can be guys like Jackson and Tapp.

But seriously, if it allows Hill to be a Seahawk, I'm all for it.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
If dropping Kerney means getting Hill back, go for it. If you have enough talent at Linebacker you don't need amazing pass rushers at defensive end. They can be guys like Jackson and Tapp.

I have to agree, I would rather the young energetic 26 year old Leroy Hill who can rush the passer as a LB than the aging 32 year old Kerney who's banged up. I just don't think he's getting back to the 15 sacks he had in 07'.

Reaction score
Damn old age! Always making a mess of good players. But seriously this is the reason to go with youth on that side of the ball. LoJack had better be improving in this off season, he was far from impressive last year.

Reaction score
phaZe said:

Dropping Kerney would cost more than keeping him.

Top Bottom