• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kipers first mock for 09

Reaction score
1 Detroit Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
2 St. Louis Andre Smith OT Alabama
3 Kansas City Mark Sanchez QB USC
4 Seattle Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
5 Cleveland Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
6 Cincinnati Jason Smith OT Baylor
7 Oakland Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
8 Jacksonville Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
9 Green Bay Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St.
10 San Francisco Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St.
11 Buffalo Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St.
12 Denver B.J. Raji DT Boston College
13 Washington Brian Orakpo DE Texas
14 New Orleans Vontae Davis CB Illinois
15 Houston Everette Brown DE Florida St.
16 San Diego Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
17 New York Jets Percy Harvin WR Florida
18 Chicago Tyson Jackson DE LSU
19 Tampa Bay Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.
20 Detroit (from Dallas) Rey Maualuga LB USC
21 Philadelphia Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St.
22 Minnesota Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
23 New England Brian Cushing LB USC
24 Atlanta Larry English DE/OLB No. Illinois
25 Miami Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Mryland
26 Baltimore D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt
27 Indianapolis Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
28 Philadelphia (from Carolina) Michael Oher OT Mississippi
29 New York Giants James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St.
30 Tennessee Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
31 Arizona LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh
32 Pittsburgh Alex Mack C California

Reaction score
Detriot will still suck, but with a new QB and a leader on defense like Maualuga, they probably will win at least 4.

I agree with Bobflipaburger, this makes a LOT more sense. A WR isn't our strongest need, but if Crabtree is still available, why pass him up?

Reaction score
Also I notice WIlliam Moore isn't projected in the first round.. If he's around when we pick in the second round we should take him... Having Mora as a coach I'm sure he could mold this guy into a great player. He's got low 4.4 40 speed and will break you in half.

William Moore, SS, Missouri
Height:6?1
Weight: 230 lb.

Positives:A big hitter who puts the fear of god into receivers who are coming across the middle. Is also a very solid tackler in run support. Has great range. Has decent hands, and closes on the ball well. Productive in college.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I can't see Dirty Sanchez going 3......He wouldn't have even been a first rounder if Bradford and Tebow would have came out...and now he goes to 3 ? If my team took that chance at 3 I'd shit my pants....more..then i already do.

Idahawk

Reaction score
And the cards getting McCoy at 31....yea thats not going to happen....kid won't fall that far and if the cards did get him....that would not be cool for us

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I thought that was pretty interesting. I'll see if I can dig up an old blog I did about it on the old Huddle if I can i'll post it.

Reaction score
I laugh at Kiper putting Stafford as the 1sty overall & 1st QB taken in this year's draft. Stafford will be JUST LIKE David Greene in the pro's. Marc Richt, Georgia's HC, is not known as a QB-savvy coach. He's more on the defensive front, and skill positions other than Q on the O. I just don't think he'll be that good. I would take Chase Daniel over Stafford in a HEARTBEAT.

I really think we're going to draft Crabtree, if he's still available. Can't hurt!

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think Taylor Mays really screwed up...he stayed at USC then his QB bailed ....he not only would have been a first rounder but he would be the only safety in the first round..if you buy into Kipers list.

Its Crabtree or Jenkins or a trade down for one of those 3 RB's...no matter what at this point its gonna be exciting

OP
V
Reaction score
Idahawk said:
I think Taylor Mays really screwed up...he stayed at USC then his QB bailed ....he not only would have been a first rounder but he would be the only safety in the first round..if you buy into Kipers list.

Its Crabtree or Jenkins or a trade down for one of those 3 RB's...no matter what at this point its gonna be exciting
I agree. Pete Carroll is an evil genius. Who the F stays in for another season when you are an early day one lock? Idiotic. He is only costing himself money and risking his career by staying. Sanchez on the other hand is a genius for coming out now what with Bradford and Tebo being just as dumb as Mays. Oh and to Pottsie who thinks that Chase Daniel will make it in the pros, too short. No if's and's or butt's just plain too short.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Kiper said that Crabtree is his # 1 overall player and John Clayton Agreed......could they hipe this guy right out of our fingers.....

Reaction score
They are going to have him play at LB during the senior bowl this weekend because everyone is saying that 6' 228 is to heave for safety.

bobflipaburger said:
Also I notice WIlliam Moore isn't projected in the first round.. If he's around when we pick in the second round we should take him... Having Mora as a coach I'm sure he could mold this guy into a great player. He's got low 4.4 40 speed and will break you in half.

William Moore, SS, Missouri
Height:6?1
Weight: 230 lb.

Positives:A big hitter who puts the fear of god into receivers who are coming across the middle. Is also a very solid tackler in run support. Has great range. Has decent hands, and closes on the ball well. Productive in college.

Top Bottom