• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lockout continues, questions remain about roster

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
9520912134933_Seahwaks_at_Texans.jpg

Houston Texans defensive end Mario Williams (90) tries to get around Seattle Seahawks left tackle Sean Locklear (75) in the first half of the Seattle Seahawks vs. Houston Texans football game at Reliant Stadium on Sunday December 13, 2009 in Houston, Texas. Houston won 34-7.

The NFL lockout continues admist talks between the players and the owners which are expected to last through Friday, with hopes of a firm deal by then.

Meanwhile question marks surround the 'Hawks at virtually every position group.

Seahawks free-agent offensive right tackle Sean Locklear had this to say about his future with the Seahawks.

"Anywhere I go, whether that's Seattle or somewhere else, I hope to go to a team that wants to win," Locklear said according to The Fayetteville Observer in Arkansas.

"I love Seattle. I've been there my whole career. It's the only team I know. I want to be there. But that decision is not up to me now. It's up to the guys in the front office, or another team. Where ever I go, I'm hoping to help them win."

It sounds like Locklear is a goner, but you never know.

The Seahawks drafted James Carpenter with the 25th overall pick in the 2011 draft, and that alone could be a signal that Carpenter will be playing elsewhere next season. Locklear started 15 games at right tackle last season, and Carpenter obviously isn't going to take Russell Okung spot at left tackle.

-Meanwhile, Pete Carroll has high hopes for rookie linebacker Malcolm Smith, who he also coached as USC. Carroll said this about the team's seventh-round selection according to the Tacoma News Tribune

“He has tremendous cover skills and an ability to blitz, and he’s a penetrating, run-through type of guy,” Carroll said.

“He gets to 235 or 238, he’ll be just fine. I’m not worried about that. We want him to play with the speed that he has, and the suddenness that he brings.”

-Leon Washington will be at the ESPY's July 13th. He is nominated in the 'NFL strongest Performance' category for his 101 and 99-yard touchdown returns in the Week 3 win over the Chargers.

The team has been nominated in the best upset category for the 41-36 victory over the defending Super Bowl champ Saints in last season's playoffs.

-Matt Williamson of Scout's Inc. writes that linebacker Aaron Curry has yet to produce according to the spot where he was drafted. Williamson writes, "Seattle needs Curry to be great."

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah this whole lockout thing is just dragging! I will be watching the ESPY's to see if Washington gets to the "W" for the award.

But I would of had to nominate this guy for "NFL Strongest Performance" too:

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously just watched about 10 version of that run now... Seriously, so easy to waist time on the Internet, lol. But here is another version with the local radio host doing the play-by-play:

Top Bottom