• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mike Rob has been cut...

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
They're making a mistake here. Who's gonna be the FB now, Derrick Coleman? This makes no sense. Pay MikeRob the $2.5 mil or whatever because he's worth every penny.

Last edited:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Hopefully they can re-sign him at a reduced salary. I understand the whole thing about cap space and all that but at this stage I don't really see how they would need the extra $2.5 mil. They might need it a year or two down the road but right now they gotta focus on doing whatever it takes to get them to the Super Bowl this year. The only way the move makes sense is if Ware or Coleman bring an equal level of play to the table and with that as well as the leadership and chemistry he brings to the locker room, I'm just not convinced that's going to happen.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
They probably asked him to take a pay cut and he told them no. Could be he will come back at league minimum. When all is said and done. They have to start creating cap room for the big contracts to come. I think there might have other reasons they cut him like his age. I heard they were over the cap now so are probably making cuts to get under it. I will wait to make judgement on the move until I see how everything goes down.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
They have to start creating cap room for the big contracts to come

I agree with that. I'm not sure when exactly all those contracts are up for renewal but say the target year is the 2014 offseason. 2014 and 2015 but say 2014 is when they gotta have the house in order. Would retaining or cutting MikeRob for the 2013 season have any affect on that? That's what I meant by not really needing that $2.5 mil right now, unless they are in fact over the cap and they need to dip back under it again. They had $18 mil or so in cap space going into this last offseason and the bulk of it went toward signing Harvin, Avril and Bennett. Harvin's hit against the cap will be far bigger next year than this year, about $13 mil or so. So if they are under the cap now, then keeping MikeRob through '13 would have no affect to the status of post-2014 the way I see it.
They seem to like Derrick Coleman though. I just hope he's for real.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm shocked by this move. Rob is a hell of a lead blocker and I felt Lynch was synched up.

That is one hell of a cold to keep you down for over 10 days. This may be a little over aggressive as far as wanting players who are willing to take huge cuts to stay on the team. PC has been very fortunate in that chemistry hasn't been a problem but a good FB/RB tandem is critical for the run game. Man, I hope this doesn't create a chink in the armor.

I think back when Hass had to take the team on his shoulders after SA's departure. The RB"s have looked good in preseason but if Lynch goes down or the run game goes south, I just don't think Wilson is ready or even capable of that level of play. Damn we a going to be depending on quite a few unproven rookies now. Sure hope PC's luck holds out.

Last edited:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes this move really bothered me.

Has anyone heard anything new? I guess all the talk has been that M. Rob had one killer illness that would maybe prevent him from playing Day 1 and beyond. If this move is final and really because of cap/age/or the ability of the other two to take his place, that makes no sense to me what so ever.

Im just waiting for some other tidbit so I can go.... "oh, well that makes sense". Otherwise resign his ass. Nothing in the pre-season let me to believe that he had lost a step. Spencer Ware was impressive but was more of a hybrid RB/FB type.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yes this move really bothered me.

Has anyone heard anything new? I guess all the talk has been that M. Rob had one killer illness that would maybe prevent him from playing Day 1 and beyond. If this move is final and really because of cap/age/or the ability of the other two to take his place, that makes no sense to me what so ever.

Im just waiting for some other tidbit so I can go.... "oh, well that makes sense". Otherwise resign his ass. Nothing in the pre-season let me to believe that he had lost a step. Spencer Ware was impressive but was more of a hybrid RB/FB type.
This may be this seasons "questionable" move that turns out to be the absolute right thing to do in hindsight. Pete and John seem to have 1 or 2 each year.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
This may be this seasons "questionable" move that turns out to be the absolute right thing to do in hindsight. Pete and John seem to have 1 or 2 each year.

Your scaring me a little, One. I'm getting used to eating crow with PC, just hope I do again on this one.

Idahawk

Reaction score
With a team that's always looking to improve nobody's safe at any position. Is Ware the answer ? Is he faster, a better blocker / receiver ? because he certainly isn't the locker room leader that mike Rob was

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
With a team that's always looking to improve nobody's safe at any position. Is Ware the answer ? Is he faster, a better blocker / receiver ? because he certainly isn't the locker room leader that mike Rob was
It looks like they are banking more on Coleman to play the FB.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, will be DVR'in that. Wonder if he will be promoting himself for other teams.

Top Bottom