• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mike Rob on TV

Idahawk

Reaction score
Are they going to bring Mike Rob back ?

He's sitting on the NFL Network talking about retirement .

Do you think the team is moving forward with Coleman and Spenser Ware ?

Seems to me that the run game took off once MR came back . I think he's needed and I'm hoping they have him in their plans for next season , he's a veteran leader on the offense .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I thought his return was a significant part of our success this year. I'm not sold with Coleman but I doubt Mrob he will be coming back.

The run game is going to be more of a concern this year. On top of the FB, uou have to wonder how much is left in the beasts tank.

Reaction score
I'd love to have Mike Rob back.

He's stated this offseason that he'd love to be back in any capacity. He said whether it's as a player or a coach.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Lynch , Turbin and Michael and then Ware and Harvin who can all play RB

Coleman and Ware at Fullback

Not sure how many RB we carry at any given time , but I do know there so undervalued that you could get quite a few On the cheap .

Esto Perpetua

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
On top of the FB, uou have to wonder how much is left in the beasts tank.

Two more years of Beast Mode, 1000+ yard seasons, and then it's anybody's guess. Which is why he most likely won't be around after his current deal is up. Some moves coming up that's gonna be a little unpleasant for us Hawk fans and life after Lynch is gonna be one of them. Unless he's willing to take a huge pay cut and depending on his market value at that time, it's a possibility. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hate to see him go, but he gonna have to evaluate his body and see what he has left. Might be like a Jerome Bettis situation, got his ring, retire on top!

I have hope that Coleman could be the new guy.

Reaction score
Was curious to see how the run game faired without Mike Rob.

Went back and looked at Marshawns numbers through week 7. See below.

Week 1 @ Carolina: 17 carries 43 yards 0 TDs
Week 2 vs SF: 28 carries 98 yards 2 TDs
Week 3 vs JAX: 17 carries 69 yards carries 0 TDs
Week 4 @ Houston: 17 carries 98 yards 1 TD
Week 5 @ Indy: 17 carries 102 yards 0 TDs
Week 6 vs Titans: 21 carries 77 yards 2 TDs
Week 7 @ AZ: 21 carries 91 yards 1 TD

Obviously, there are other factors involved beside the absence of Mike Rob. I’ve heard that the Seahawks only employ the FB in their offensive formations about a quarter of the time. I don’t think that number includes the H-back/TE lined up in the backfield.

As far as the run game goes, I think Mike Robs presence is most felt in the red zone, especially in goal-line running plays. Lynch had a total of 6 rushing TDs through week 7 and finished the season with 16 including the playoffs. I think having Mike Rob back had at least a little bit to do with that.

With all that said, I think it’s his play on special teams and his leadership that will be missed the most if he doesn’t return (in some capacity).

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with everything about Mike Rob. On the flipside though, Lynch did virtually all of his damage in the playoffs out of the single back formation. I don't remember the exact numbers but his ypc with a lead blocker in there was like 2.7 but I think it was like 6 or 7 out of the single back. Probably due more to overall blocking schemes maybe. Lynch just wasn't being given much room to run and that one less body in the way made a huge difference.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
You cant look at the ypc average with or w/o a FB in a vacuum. Seahawks employ I formation and Jumbos in Goal line or short yardage situations and those will be short yardage gains...

Look at this video and be the judge. Lynch does make a lot of hay in draw plays, but I'd say about half of these highlight cuts are with 26 paving the way.... Its just fun to watch him run man, I hope we get to watch him for another 2 years at least!

Side Note: How about RW getting downfield and blocking out DB's on some of these runs!!!

Top Bottom