• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Moon shots

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon was in Cam Newton’s corner throughout the process leading up to the NFL Draft – when the Auburn QB was the first pick overall by the Carolina Panthers.
But Moon, the radio analyst for Seahawks games, also was at Jake Locker’s Pro Day workout at the University of Washington. In what was somewhat of a surprise, Locker went at No. 8 to the Tennessee Titans – one of the NFL teams Moon played for, before the franchise moved from Houston.
Moon praised that pick in this story from the Tennessean, offering, “Jake will fit their style a lot better (than Vince Young). Munch (new coach Mike Munchak) is a worker, (offensive line coach) Bruce Matthews is a worker, and those are the type guys they like to be around. With me, they saw me as a worker, and I think that is the type of quarterback they want on their football team. Jake will bring that – he will work as hard as anybody.”
If the comments during the chat I did here last Thursday are any indication, many in Seahawks Nation wanted Locker in a Seahawks uniform. Even after he went to the Titans, some suggested that – no, pleaded for – the Seahawks to work a trade to obtain Locker.
Here’s what GM John Schneider had to say about Locker in his post-draft recap: “You get a certain feel for a prospect, and when he goes you say, ‘Damn.’ Jake would be the first one. When Jake went, we went, ‘Wow, good for him. What a great dude.’ I just had dinner with him last week; he’s a phenomenal guy.”

b.gif
NZA-Yko0T80

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom