• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mora and the coaching staff

Idahawk

Reaction score
Its silly season and a bunch of coaches names are flying around the nfl now...I've been watching for any seattle news or even news of any expected meetings with possible replacements on the coaching staff but can't find anything , has anybody found anything ?

I just can't see Mora keeping Marshall or Haskell..Marshall was freaking horrible this year and Haskell is a Holmgren choice and Mora will want things his way . He also needs to find someone who will take his old position...I would think now is the time to get started on finding these guys before all the quality coaches are gone. I have to guess that Mora has had to wait for Holmgren to clear out of the building before firing his staff ...but I bet its coming..you don't go 4 and 12 without heads rolling. Mora has a huge job ahead of him and free agency season is coming quick. Do something Jimmy ! :?:

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I really doubt that Mora will have any more then a small say so in replacements..Ruskell will bring in the coaches that fit the players he has brought in and hopefully those coaches will be able to better use the talent that we have....Its been tough with Ruskell players in Holmgrens plan and thats been much of the issue this season...I think you will see a huge improvement once everyone is on the same page..like it or not ..its all we got and only time will tell if you love Ruskell or hate him

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I am fairly sure it is the coach who picks his coordinators and position coaches. Ruskell picking them would definitely be the exception - at least from anything I have ever read.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I am fairly sure it is the coach who picks his coordinators and position coaches. Ruskell picking them would definitely be the exception - at least from anything I have ever read.

I'm sure you will read there Mora's choices but Ruskell is the master mind behind it all ..lol like a doctor evil :lol:

hawks nation

Huddler
Reaction score
Most the staff should be gone next year. I really hope the keep the O-line coach since it looked like the O-line was starting to believe in his system.

Reaction score
Marinelli maybe our new coordinator. Check the blog guys for information on it. I like this a lot and i'll tell you why:
He is a better coordinator. Some guys aren't fit to being head coaches. Look what he did with Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice. Yes they had talent, but they never did as well as they did once they left Tampa. Imagine him working with Mebane?! That would scare me if I was an offensive coordinator. I think he will be a good fit. He was a key contributor when the Bucs had their success and won the Super Bowl. Well liked coordinator and players love to play for him.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I have seen that news about marinelli as well and I don't know much about the guy other then ..I don't believe in all my years I have seen a more positive guy ...week in and week out in detroit after a loss he was always positive and upbeat even when attacked by the press and the fans. If you can get an ex head coach on your team thats a real positive....

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/04/marinelli-could-end-up-in-seattle/
This However is Adam Schefter, the idiot who also said that Seattle may cut Hass.
Why would he be called an idiot? I can easily see that happening, especially with the emergence of Seneca Wallace and the amount of injuries that Hasselbeck has had as of late. I doubt it will happen, but if it does happen I won't be surprised.

Wasn't Marinelli the guy who said his defensive scheme is a good scheme even though other teams rolled over it? Our current scheme should stay with us (3-4 I believe).

Reaction score
If you think they even remotely consider cutting Matt (unless he can't recover) you have access to far better crack than I do.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
If you think they even remotely consider cutting Matt (unless he can't recover) you have access to far better crack than I do.
They signed Shaun Alexander to a fat contract and drafted a Long Snapper, so anything is possible. :D

They were just talking about the Seahawks on FOX and said that Mora will likely transform the team into a more defensive minded team and will take more risks with blitzing and things like that. The offensive will be more ball management oriented.

Reaction score
You really think that they might bench Matt? Are you serious? Are you aware that this is a business? A good business doesn't fire their top producer/ face of the franchise/ field general while still probbably at top production levels. Him and Shaun are not comparable situations and you know it, any argument on that point is just for arguments sake. Ruskell has done some stupid things, but not anything that would rank with benching Matt. Adam Schefter is a f-ng moron. If anything happens with Matt it would be next season or after the season starts.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seattle PI is also reporting the Marinelli story, citing the NFL Network and Fox 13 as its sources, Fox 13 reporting that Marinelli is in Seattle.

Hawks2Cover

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, sign the guy who just set a record going 0-16. What a Seattle move. Fucking bullshit. Get a winner.

Reaction score
Hawks2Cover said:
Yeah, sign the guy who just set a record going 0-16. What a Seattle move. Fucking bullshit. Get a winner.

Holy shit dude, are you posting this from an under ground bunker or something? It sure as hell seems like you think the sky is falling. We had a ton of injuries this year and our division sucks.

Top Bottom