• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New Marshall update

UK_Seahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Not happy we let this slip through our fingers, I'd have traded our 2nd plus a 2nd next year for this guy for sure!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
So you all would prefer us to go from the 1st round to the 4th without any picks this year AND next year? Being starved for draft picks isn't exactly how you rebuild a program...

Reaction score
I told you guys last night. I had been reading a lot about how the Dolphins would make a push for Marshall. Fact is they had a better 2nd-round pick than we did. Had we not acquired Whitehurst might had been a different story. Now the question is if we're serious about upgrading WR do you take Dez Bryant with the 14th pick? I don't, but it could be a possibility.

CHawks4life29

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't understand why Seattle didn't get him. 2 2nd round picks that's a good deal. I don't like what we have done this FA. All we have done is let guys go without getting anyone to help the team. I know we want young good players but to add some good vet. type guys wouldn't be so bad. Marshall would have been a great addition to the Hawks and we fell asleep while the Dolphins come in in 2 days and snag him. I will be pissed if we take a WR with are first 3 picks.

Reaction score
Chawks we only have 1 2nd-round pick and it's after the Dolphins pick. Value wise that's a big drop in the point chart. Had we had our 40th pick (which was sent to SD in exchange for Charlie Whitehurst it might have been a different story.

Reaction score
Chawk I see now what you're saying about the 2nd-round picks (this year's and next year's). However we also gave them a 3rd-round pick in next year's draft. Not wise to lose the 2nd as well. Then all you have so far are a 1st-round pick, 4th-7th-round picks. Not a way to re-build a team for the future. Which we will also have to do next year as well.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow Miami moved crazy fast. Marshall got his money, Denver got their picks, but I felt we could have worked something out if we had tried harder. There is massive value in swapping 1st round picks as well, should we have decided to drop from 6 to 11 that value could have made up for the current value of our 2nd round pick.

Sadly for Miami though, Marshall is going to get in trouble in a city like that. That is not the place for a fresh start, I see trouble ahead. I am a bit sad though, due to the fact Marshall would have been with us for years to come and is proven to be great which would have been a great partnership with our new QB for years to come.

Just disappointed we couldn't make it happen, however I will say Miami threw away a lot for him very quickly.

Reaction score
Number 18;47140 said:
So you all would prefer us to go from the 1st round to the 4th without any picks this year AND next year? Being starved for draft picks isn't exactly how you rebuild a program...

They're going to use one of those picks on a WR now...

Please tell me you feel confident about our current WR corps...

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Two 2nd round picks was too much... that's like giving up Lofa and John Carlson. Marshall is very good, but it isn't like he's a spread the filed and get 14 yards a catch kind of a guy. He catches a lot of short passes and doesn't get much YAC. Yes, the reception #s are gawdy, but the overall production just isn't there.

As for the cost... our lack of 3rd rounders would make this deal even worse. Maybe if we were 1-2 players away, but we are 4 or 5 or 6 players short. We won't get back to being a power in the NFC with 3 1st and 3 4th round picks in the next two drafts. Those two 2nd round picks will give us more than Marshall would. Besides - Reggie Williams is going to break out again!

As for Dez... he's going to the Broncos at 11. We need to hope someone slips to 60 or grab a 2nd tier guy in the 4th round after we grab Tony Washington.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think I'd rather gamble on Dez Bryant being able to make the move to the NFL and being a star than on Marshall keeping his life in order. Again - Marshall catches a lot of balls, but he doesn't have the impact on a game that Fitz does. Or Crabtree will. Or Moss. His volume of catches overshadows his overall contribution, IMHO. He is a top 10 WR, but not a top 5.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;47148 said:
They're going to use one of those picks on a WR now...

Please tell me you feel confident about our current WR corps...

That's fine. They won't be using TWO picks on one WR.

I don't feel confident about our WR corps. And if we had 3rd round picks, giving up two 2nd rounders probably would not have seemed so steep. But sitting out two high rounds in the draft two years in a row is a poor decision for a franchise trying to rebuild.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Yep, it was way to much for a re-building team. Especially that kind of money for a position that won't make an impact like a LT would. Why again haven't we signed Jared Gaither? We could pick him up for less then $45 Mil, that's for damn sure.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Is Gaither worth the 14th pick? They want a 1st rounder. I like the idea of switching 14 and 25 for him, though...

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;47160 said:
Is Gaither worth the 14th pick? They want a 1st rounder. I like the idea of switching 14 and 25 for him, though...

I think so considering he's done more than every rookie in this draft, and that's played NFL minutes. I just don't think the LT available at 14 is going to be better than him, and like you said, trading 14 for 25 isn't so bad at all.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
WR is just not that big of any issue for this team.
T.J., Branch, Butler, Obamano, maybe one of this re-treads, some in LATER rounds of the draft, its not top flight, but it will work.

Good call FO.

Lets move on now...

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Reaction score
I am sorry but are you guys high?

Housh, Branch and Butler, Obby, a recovering crack head and Mike "JaMarcus too fat for the NFL" Williams. FUCK that!

We don't have anyone in the receiving corps that scares DB's, they were laughing at us last year... just wait till this season.

Yes, the price was steep, but Marshall is a monster. To say that he is not a top 5 receiver, and doesn't have an impact on a game like Fitz does is fucking ludacris.

In the last 3 seasons, he's averaged 102.33 catches and 1236.66 yards per season.

Still think he isn't an impact. He has unbelievable hands, and is impossible for most DB's to take down alone.

Go ahead and gamble on Dez "iliterate swamp bum" Bryant... ever hear that kid speak to the media? I can feel my brain cells dying just listening to him.

It's like if Crabtree, Randy Moss, TO and Chris Johnson all had a baby, it would be him.

Yeah, he is talented, but I give him 2 years before he either smokes, snorts or shoots his career away.

Top Bottom