• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFC west repeat?

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
With all these signings going on.. who do you think takes the NFC west this season?

Seahawks definently made the most splashes/news so far, I beleive Tjax starts, especially with Rice coming in, and his part in recruiting him of course.
Keeping Mebane is a huge part of our D.

Niners still dont have a solid QB, and thier backfield is spotty, especially with them dropping Clement. Also Crybaby-Crabtree is hurt again, and Gore is holding out, so they are gonna have to over pay his ass so we shall see what they are left with.

Cards got roosted, makes me giggle, Lost a top notch CB in DRC and got Kolb... Also lost Breaston, who burned us a few times.

Rams have a Solid QB, and an aging Steven Jackson, what else? do anything big this offseason... not yet.

What do you think we still need to do to solidify this Division?

Idahawk

Reaction score
The 49ers now have an offensive minded coach for Alex Smith and I think they will play better at that position and they have the best defense in our division.
The cards could imploded if Kolb doesn't play well Fitzgerald could bail next season and whisenhunt could lose his job if this very expensive gamble doesn't pan out
The Rams lack weapons and they need to spend money for Bradford .
The Seahawks have tons of weapons on offensive but do we have anybody to deliver the ball ? And the defense is an even bigger question mark .

I say it's a hard year on all NFC west teams to win , with new pieces and tough games outside the division , I can't see the winner of the division doing any better then 8-8 .

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
With all these signings going on.. who do you think takes the NFC west this season?

Seahawks definently made the most splashes/news so far, I beleive Tjax starts, especially with Rice coming in, and his part in recruiting him of course.
Keeping Mebane is a huge part of our D.

Niners still dont have a solid QB, and thier backfield is spotty, especially with them dropping Clement. Also Crybaby-Crabtree is hurt again, and Gore is holding out, so they are gonna have to over pay his ass so we shall see what they are left with.

Cards got roosted, makes me giggle, Lost a top notch CB in DRC and got Kolb... Also lost Breaston, who burned us a few times.

Rams have a Solid QB, and an aging Steven Jackson, what else? do anything big this offseason... not yet.

What do you think we still need to do to solidify this Division?

They got Harvey Dahl from the Falcons, BIG TIME Guard to help both Jackson and Bradford out.

OP
Hawksfan1983

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
Didnt read that about the Rams until just a few ago... hmm.
gonna have to step it up this year if we want this!

Reaction score
Biggest concern for me is QB and LB... because of these two positions, we'll probably finish 2nd or 3rd.

QB situation is obvious so I won't even delve into it. The LB situation sucks, because more than likely they stick with Lofa, who has obviously lost a step (never fast to begin with) and seems to have forgotten how to tackle. Hawthorne is solid, but will never be a pro bowl type player. But he's reliable and a sure tackler. Curry is a disgustingly physical specimen but for some reason still hasn't clicked for him. I am still hoping they sign a good LB in FA.

Also, I like the direction Pete is headed with the young DBs, but the other spectrum of that is there won't be much experience, and I feel there will be some growing pains.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
New QB, I say we did a little better than 1992, so 4-12. Lynch rushes for a thousand yards, the line stays together all year and gets decent, the defense keeps us in some close ball games, but all 3 QBs that make the team will start at least one game. I think injury, poor play, and new offense play a part in the losses. Tough to say what we do after, but only one of these QBs we have to start the season will be here next year, with Clipboard Jesus as my favorite thus far. Oh yeah, I know it is the NFC West, but we don't win the division at 4-12.

Reaction score
The Matt Hasselbeck page on facebook posted a couple. One with Paul Silvi before he left and one of his press conference in Tennessee.

Reaction score
It just aint right man... it's going to be weird watching Hass playing for another game. I am going to try and watch as many Titans games as I can. Def rooting for them this year. They'll be my #2 team as long as #8 is playing QB.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I would have to say the rams are the favs to win it. They got a franchise qb and now are starting to put pieces together. The niners are still undecided at qb but do have a decent defense. The cards...wellll it will depend on kolb I still don't they win either way seeing they just don't have enough this upcoming season. An the hawks don't have a dependable qb and have a suspect defense

Reaction score
It just aint right man... it's going to be weird watching Hass playing for another game. I am going to try and watch as many Titans games as I can. Def rooting for them this year. They'll be my #2 team as long as #8 is playing QB.

Almost gets you a little misty eyed.

Top Bottom