• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nnamdi asomugha now in the NFC

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised with Desean Jackson and Vick both in need of big contracts that they make this move .

Reaction score
Nnamdi, DRC and Asante Samuel in the same defensive backfield? That's going to be some scary shit!! One of these guys is poised to have a lot of picks!

Reaction score
Nnamdi doesn't get many picks, but no one throws at him, which means people will have to challenge DRC or Samuel.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree, they don't have the cap space for all this. Do you think a trade is in the works?

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
That is a lot of money to give to him. Desean has to be mad. He's already holding out for more but damn that's scary even worse is we play em

206EaglesFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree, they don't have the cap space for all this. Do you think a trade is in the works?

With the most recent signing today (Cullen Jenkins), the Eagles are ROUGHLY 2-3 million UNDER the cap still.

They will eventually (in the next few weeks) extend Vick longterm which will drop his cap number 3-4 mil. Between that and a few releases that are coming and another trade (almost certain with Asante), the Eagles will still have plenty more to spend. They aren't done.

That is a lot of money to give to him. Desean has to be mad. He's already holding out for more but damn that's scary even worse is we play em

That's not a lot. It equals out to about 12 million a year when the rumor all along was that he was going to make 16-18, he took less to come to Philly.

Also, allow me to say hello. I live in Seattle due to the Military and have been a life long Eagles fan from Pennsylvania but root for the Hawks being that I'm about 15 minutes from downtown. Obviously I don't root for them when it involves my Eagles but I'm not here to cause shit, just here to chat from time to time.

Good luck this year, See ya on Dec 1st.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
ya they gotta do something with asante, hes the expendable one now...i still would like to have him tho

Reaction score
Also, allow me to say hello. I live in Seattle due to the Military and have been a life long Eagles fan from Pennsylvania but root for the Hawks being that I'm about 15 minutes from downtown. Obviously I don't root for them when it involves my Eagles but I'm not here to cause shit, just here to chat from time to time.

Good luck this year, See ya on Dec 1st.
Welcome man. The Eagles are going to be beastly this year. I'm hoping for mass injuries before the Thursday Night Football game in Seattle. :D

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Vick is a great story and bolstering the defense is smart in case you lose your offense or Vick .

206EaglesFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Welcome 206eaglesfan
I don't look forward to facing that secondary.

Appreciate it. Yeah, they look REALLY strong right now. I still think they are going to pick up a Veteran Safety somewhere to get a little insurance deep. They have some promising talent back there but they are all really young so I think they’ll get someone to plug back there this year and one of the positions, probably FS with Nate Allen’s injury last year.

Welcome man. The Eagles are going to be beastly this year. I'm hoping for mass injuries before the Thursday Night Football game in Seattle.
They are going to be scary but I’m worried about the WR position. The whole DJax thing will get worked out, I’m sure of that but Jeremy Maclin still hasn’t reported to camp. I guess he contracted mono in the offseason and lost 20 pounds.

Supposedly he’s put the weight back on but he still feels extremely weak as of this morning so I don’t know what the hell is going on there….we’ll see.

Pretty excited to see the Eagles come to Seattle again. I was at the game two years ago and walked in there fairly confident they were going to win but that first play from scrimmage with Seneca Wallace hitting the deep TD pass got me quiet.
Looking forward to the game this year, in primetime.

ya they gotta do something with asante, hes the expendable one now...i still would like to have him tho

Asante could be expendable but reports out of Philadelphia is that they are going to keep all 3 and plan to play a LOT of nickel. All these moves they have made is to load up to be able to take down Green Bay and their passing attack, I’d say they are doing pretty good.

They are listening to offers, they kind of have to but unless they get something that they REALLY like, I think they'll keep all of them.

They still need to add a Vet LB as well because as it stands right now, Casey Matthews in our starting MLB.

Now that you guys are likely to release Tatupu, both him and Nick Barnett have been linked as possible signings in Philly. Both guys have immense talent but both are kinda shot due to injuries so I’m not real sure what I think of either of them but I’ll take it, we need to get someone there.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

Appreciate it. Yeah, they look REALLY strong right now. I still think they are going to pick up a Veteran Safety somewhere to get a little insurance deep. They have some promising talent back there but they are all really young so I think they’ll get someone to plug back there this year and one of the positions, probably FS with Nate Allen’s injury last year.

They are going to be scary but I’m worried about the WR position. The whole DJax thing will get worked out, I’m sure of that but Jeremy Maclin still hasn’t reported to camp. I guess he contracted mono in the offseason and lost 20 pounds.

Supposedly he’s put the weight back on but he still feels extremely weak as of this morning so I don’t know what the hell is going on there….we’ll see.

Pretty excited to see the Eagles come to Seattle again. I was at the game two years ago and walked in there fairly confident they were going to win but that first play from scrimmage with Seneca Wallace hitting the deep TD pass got me quiet.
Looking forward to the game this year, in primetime.

Asante could be expendable but reports out of Philadelphia is that they are going to keep all 3 and plan to play a LOT of nickel. All these moves they have made is to load up to be able to take down Green Bay and their passing attack, I’d say they are doing pretty good.

They are listening to offers, they kind of have to but unless they get something that they REALLY like, I think they'll keep all of them.

They still need to add a Vet LB as well because as it stands right now, Casey Matthews in our starting MLB.

Now that you guys are likely to release Tatupu, both him and Nick Barnett have been linked as possible signings in Philly. Both guys have immense talent but both are kinda shot due to injuries so I’m not real sure what I think of either of them but I’ll take it, we need to get someone there.
Welcome the eagles have been a second team of mine since dawkins mcnabb and westbrook where there. That's one very scary team the eagles have both on offense and now deffense. Id really like to see mathews start being a ducks fan and. Everyone says he won't adjust cus of size but I hope he proves all the doubters wrong

206EaglesFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Welcome the eagles have been a second team of mine since dawkins mcnabb and westbrook where there. That's one very scary team the eagles have both on offense and now deffense. Id really like to see mathews start being a ducks fan and. Everyone says he won't adjust cus of size but I hope he proves all the doubters wrong

Early report out of camp is that Juan Castillo (Eagles D Coordinator) LOVES Matthews. I still don't think he's gonna be ready (nor should he) to run the D @ MLB and call the plays. They will sign a MLB, he won't start I don't think but he's showing a lot in camp so if he can even been 1/2 of what his brother is, it'll be more than worth it.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Vick and Co. will be an interesting watch this year, now on both sides of the ball. As far as playing a lot of nickel, I am unsure how many opponents will go along with that. I would imagine a lot of OC's will want to stack two tight ends and run at those corners. Mix in a lot of quick hitches and posts to the larger TE in pass coverage. Try to neutralize that advantage the eagles have with those corners with some bigger bodies. That will also reduce the time Vick gets on offense to get into a flow. My guess is they have too much money in one position and will accept a trade after a couple of preseason games. Samuels will still be expensive, and unlike Osi, is worth a 1st round pick.

Top Bottom