• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NOT A ONE, READ ONPTION PLAY!

Chuck Patrick

Huddler
Reaction score
WHAT HAPPENED, THAT'S A GREAT WAY TO LOOSIN A STINGY D UP, AND 1ST AND GOAL BEFORE THE HALF WITH 3 GUT SHOTS, COME ON PETE, WAKE UP!

Reaction score
WHAT HAPPENED, THAT'S A GREAT WAY TO LOOSIN A STINGY D UP, AND 1ST AND GOAL BEFORE THE HALF WITH 3 GUT SHOTS, COME ON PETE, WAKE UP!
There were several read option plays. There just weren't any keepers by Wilson on any of them. Probably because he read the defense correctly.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
There were several read option plays. There just weren't any keepers by Wilson on any of them. Probably because he read the defense correctly.

I dont remember seeing many, certainly not one where there seemed to be a threat of a keeper.

Reaction score
I dont remember seeing many, certainly not one where there seemed to be a threat of a keeper.
Go read my post in the "why is turbin returning kicks" thread. Hugh Millen broke it down the other day. They stacked like 3 defenders to the side that Lynch was at basically dictating to Wilson that he had to hand off and could not keep. Fucking cunts.

Reaction score
It's a read zone or option play whether or not Wilson keeps it. Everybody knows that right? He's reading the defense to see if the DE or LB is crashing down and going after the back. At that point he has the "option" to keep or hand off. Get it? Read the defense, have the option to hand off or keep.....

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
It's a read zone or option play whether or not Wilson keeps it. Everybody knows that right? He's reading the defense to see if the DE or LB is crashing down and going after the back. At that point he has the "option" to keep or hand off. Get it? Read the defense, have the option to hand off or keep.....

Yeah I was re watching NFL rewind, they did run read-option in the first quarter a few times, from the shot gun. Looked more like a draw then RO though.

I also noticed on big plays where we did not convert, RW was missing open receivers. Ricardo lockett on the post (could have been a TD). Doug on a crosser to convert a 3rd down. Even Tate looked frustrated on that play. Then Doug again in the red zone on a crosses. What I observed was RW playing conservative, holding on to the ball, not anticipating.

I also think Lynch runs better when he has M. Rob back there to open it up. They had Miller in the backfield and he whiffed on a block, resulted in a tfl.

Just some 1st quarter observations.

Top Bottom