• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Not that we will but if we had to I would

Idahawk

Reaction score
I would go after Matt Cassel from the Patriots . He has played well and is a west coast native.

Your looking at 6-7 mil a year for this guy..too rich for our blood

The problem is that their OC is being talked about as a Head Coach for somebody and that Cass may follow him to that job, now thats one hell of a package deal ! Id take it here in a heartbeat LOL.

And then you have all the teams that need a QB and are willing to sell the farm for it...

I don't see us there and actually think Hass will get another season to see if he can rebound..but thats only if he is healthy.

Reaction score
Cassel's success is dependent on the team he plays for. So unless Moss and Welker are part of the deal, I wouldn't sign that guy for anything more than backup type money.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
Cassel's success is dependent on the team he plays for. So unless Moss and Welker are part of the deal, I wouldn't sign that guy for anything more than backup type money.
If our recievers are healthy and if we can pull out a Crabtree draft pick, he'll have plenty of viable options to throw the ball too.

Reaction score
Our receivers plus Crabtree would be nowhere near the level that Moss and Welker are on. Either way this argument doesn't matter because unless Hass retires, he's our starting QB next year. We're already overpaying for average players, we'll let some other team get suckered into overpaying for Cassel.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
" we'll let some other team get suckered into overpaying for Cassel. "

I'm not calling you out here scott just want to make a point . ;)

This is really our attitude as a fan base and as a franchise . We don't want to take chances for fear of over spending , but then we want to bitch about the bargin basement players we do get .

All I can say is this, If we would have Paid Hutch...We would not be in this mess. We had the best left side in football and tore it apart....lesson learned ..because we haven't been the same since and we have spent more money then if we would have just paid him.

The seahawks tried to make up for this mistake with more running backs ...when SA may have been fine with Hutch still here..and now thats blown up in their face.

So if you were Ruskell and had this mess on your hands what do you do..he can't be sleeping at night..We have went backwards ever year he's been here.

I would rather take a chance on a player that we at least know can play in the NFL then trust another Ruskell draft !

I'm not saying Cassel has to be that guy but he's on my wish list after seeing seneca and frye in action.

Matt H gives us the best chance to win ..if he's healthy .

But you have to wonder where he's at in his head...he is holmeys boy and now holmey will be gone .It doesn't appear that things are just going to be as they were .And the back injury is huge question mark.

Reaction score
Not just his receivers. Anyone actually count how much time him and Brady have behind that line gives MosJus and Welker time to get open. I counted one game and the shortest time Cassell had from the snap to when the line collapsed was 3.7 seconds. By that time with Moss and Welker someone was open. If we had the line and a quarterback like Hasselbeck we would be unstoppable also.

Top Bottom