• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Odds Makers: Matthew Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You guys know the game on PTI, so Hass is the topic. What are the odds we re-sign him, why or why not?

85% that we DO re-sign him.

I say we will give him a 2 year deal. Not a lot of cash, but I feel he's got 2 more years in him, and if we can get the stupid offensive line in tact, he'll be productive and lead us to many post season victories.

Reaction score
93% he re-signs a two-year deal. No way he signs three-year with a fourth-year option. Possibly signs two-year with a third-year option. Won't go over three-years though- option included.

Reaction score
60% I think the hawks want him back but If someone offers him lots of $$$ he may think twice.

Reaction score
75% - Seahawks re-sign him to a 2-year deal with playing time-based incentives and an option for a 3rd year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
John Clayon mentioned on his show that "Matt and hawks have entered in the first round of negotiations". Did any hear that segment. Sounded like he knew what was up, even said "lets put it this way" "ummmmmm" "Matt camp came in high which is to be expected and it was llkely higher then they (FO) wanted to pay". I know the professor speaks very hypothetically but acted like he had inside information, he usually acts like that, or even may really have.

If it is true, I would expect to see something by this friday, if not, then early next week... one would think given the deadline.

Reaction score
szat;55855 said:
John Clayon mentioned on his show that "Matt and hawks have entered in the first round of negotiations". Did any hear that segment. Sounded like he knew what was up, even said "lets put it this way" "ummmmmm" "Matt camp came in high which is to be expected and it was llkely higher then they (FO) wanted to pay". I know the professor speaks very hypothetically but acted like he had inside information, he usually acts like that, or even may really have.

If it is true, I would expect to see something by this friday, if not, then early next week... one would think given the deadline.
The CBA is up on Thursday so they really don't have a lot of time to work out a new contract. From what I've been reading, the teams and players can still negotiate after the CBA expires, but only if the owners decide against a lockout.

S

Seattlehawk94

Nope, they can't negotiate whatsoever...GMs and Coaches aren't allowed to even TALK to players or their agents...

Think of this like CFB when they arent allowed to recuit WR certain times, its like that...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55857 said:
Nope, they can't negotiate whatsoever...GMs and Coaches aren't allowed to even TALK to players or their agents...

Think of this like CFB when they arent allowed to recuit WR certain times, its like that...
What I read was from the AP, so it could easily be wrong. They seem to be outsourcing their jobs these days.

PacWest

Huddler
Reaction score
25%

I do not believe he will be signed by Friday when the CBA expires.

I am betting at this point that there will not be a new CBA in place by Friday as well.

So assuming no new deal for Hasselbeck, and an expired CBA, the Seahawks chances of keeping Hasselbeck are pretty slim if he heads into the open market.

Idahawk

Reaction score
PacWest;55860 said:
25%

I do not believe he will be signed by Friday when the CBA expires.

I am betting at this point that there will not be a new CBA in place by Friday as well.

So assuming no new deal for Hasselbeck, and an expired CBA, the Seahawks chances of keeping Hasselbeck are pretty slim if he heads into the open market.

I agree if we could have made the deal by now we would have and should have . Bringing in Whitehurst only made the situation worse , so Matt will indeed test the waters , he has put down roots is Seattle a plus but remember his family is all back east and a gig at ESPN in bristol is all but a sure thing for the witty QB after he retires . I say 30 % chance ! Minnesota could hamsting us again !!!

S

Seattlehawk94

I say 60% chance of him coming back IF we don't deal in the next couple of days...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55870 said:
I say 60% chance of him coming back IF we don't deal in the next couple of days...
I agree. If he does go, I hope it's to a team the Hawks don't face next season, especially at Qwest...

S

Seattlehawk94

Amen on that....Worried most about SF and Zona....SF especially, that team is a QB away from being a contender for the NFC Championship....Thought that LAST SEASON they've got all the pieces in place but the QB is what's killed them...Matthew there would put them in my mind as the 2nd Best team in the CONFERENCE...Not DIVISION but CONFERENCE behind only Green Bay...

Reaction score
10 years ago today the Seahawks acquired Matt Hasselbeck in a trade with the Green Bay Packers. I wonder if they'll give him a new contract for his 10th-year anniversary.

Idahawk

Reaction score
NFL networks Michael Lombardi just stated that Matt has turned down the lastest offer from the seahawks. I guess he never heard of don't shit where you eat !!!

Top Bottom