• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers @ Seahawks MNF

Idahawk

Reaction score
Anyone else want to stab Rodger in the face with a sautering iron when he did his little "cowboy gun" gesture after the early scramble!! Fuck I hate that guy!

The league prohibits players from making gestures with simulated weapons.

Remember Stevie Johnson? He gestured shooting himself in the leg LOL , got fined. It will be interesting to see if they catch it and fine him, nothing like taking a beating , losing , and then getting bitch slapped in the pocket book.

The NFL doesn't give discount double checks RODGERS !!

S

Seattlehawk94

I thought he looked like Shooter McGavin when did that..Actually told my wife "Hey Shootah? Wanna go ta the Sizzlah?"

Reaction score
The league prohibits players from making gestures with simulated weapons.

Remember Stevie Johnson? He gestured shooting himself in the leg LOL , got fined. It will be interesting to see if they catch it and fine him, nothing like taking a beating , losing , and then getting bitch slapped in the pocket book.

The NFL doesn't give discount double checks RODGERS !!
Not only did he make a weapon gesture, he pointed in the direction of the Seahawks players.

Wonder if that prompted the onslaught of sacks... I sure hope so!

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You say this (and have said it many times before), but I think you are way off. Easier for him would be to convincingly win football games.

It isn't easy to give a horse its head if you don't know the horse very well. Your not sure where it will lead.

Keeping a tight grip on the reigns is easy.

With the defense and ST playing so well I'd give the better trained horse its head. You can always pull back if the ride gets rough.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Getting back the the actual game: There's still problems on offense. Wilson needs to stay in the pocket longer, he had good protection and ran into pressure a few times. Penalties are killing us, play calling is awful, and it seems like no one is getting open. I'm not sure if that's because of play design or just bad routes.

The defense is epic. Aaron Rodgers couldn't do anything, especially in the first half.

Agreed. The D was fantastic except for the second half against Benson. It's like no one told them the Pack would try to run since the QB was sacked eight times! No excuses for our penalties (the legit ones). The two offensive PI that weren't called at the end EACH would have been game enders--Pete better not let them skate on that!

And since when does the other team have ZERO false starts but we get THREE in our own stadium??

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Agreed. The D was fantastic except for the second half against Benson. It's like no one told them the Pack would try to run since the QB was sacked eight times! No excuses for our penalties (the legit ones). The two offensive PI that weren't called at the end EACH would have been game enders--Pete better not let them skate on that!

And since when does the other team have ZERO false starts but we get THREE in our own stadium??

Whoa:cautious: , we didn't get any???

Idahawk

Reaction score
It isn't easy to give a horse its head if you don't know the horse very well. Your not sure where it will lead.

Keeping a tight grip on the reigns is easy.

With the defense and ST playing so well I'd give the better trained horse its head. You can always pull back if the ride gets rough.

Going into this game last night, it was said that Rodgers struggles against " Elite " defenses. I would consider Seattle in that catagory or dam close to it and Rodgers struggled as was stated.

So I ask this question If THE Aaron Rodgers stuggles against elite defenses which he does, why can't Wilson ? I would consider Green Bay elite and Zona is certainly better than most. So are your really shocked that with a conservative gameplan a lack of weapons and giving him only 20 or so passes a game against elite defenses, that he's struggling ?
What weapons does he have outside of Lynch ? Tate .....where is everybody else . The problem is not any one issue or player. I said to start Flynn, might as well find out if its the QB or the pieces around him, I'm not sure of either , but the ride is fun !

S

Seattlehawk94

Green Bay's defense is elite?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

WILLLLLLLLSOOOONNNN!

Reaction score
Kevin Harlan on with Softy right now - he just said our defense is "unanimously best defense" he has seen in the last 10 to 15 years!

Reaction score
What if Russell Wilson was the QB playing against our defense last night? I don't know why I thought of that- totally random, but can you imagine??!

Reaction score
Terre Haute Cheesehead: Packer fans are classy! We are relevent to NFL football! Seattle fans are classless losers from reading their responses. I seriously doubt if our fans would rubbing salt in their wounds.

Terre Haute Cheesehead: I rank this robbery right up there with our U.S. Olympic basketball team's with Russia in Munick.

SoCalPacker: Seattle fans are so arrogant. I'm tired of looking at facebook right now cause they're still talking about how their team owned the Packers. Last time I checked our D shut down their offense for the whole second half until that last drive

Rodgers in the House: The Seacoks will alway represent the mediocrity in this league and never win a championship because they always have to rely on someone other than themselves to do it.
I'll just leave these here. You can read more if you want: http://www.packerforum.com/

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Were playing NOT to lose ! It seems to be a PC pattern. Trying to baby Wilson along I guess.

Gruden said it best during the game " Seattle needs to get some WR's that can get seperation to help Wilson out"
These are WR's on Linebackers in many cases and they cant open , they should win that match up .

I was surprised by this statement by Gruden last night. I figured Rice had no difficulty getting open but Wilson couldn't get him the ball or see him. Apparently I am wrong.

If this is what we're seeing as well, is Flynn preferred because he can fit the ball into tighter windows?

One of Wilson's last passes was a bullet to Rice for a big first down, but he seems to rarely throw that hard. Would Flynn be more succesful with bad WR/TE or does Wilson's ability to run and improvise help the team more?

I seriously don't know. I watch and find myself wondering about Flynn, almost hoping he gets into a game for any reason just to see what he can do. At the same time, wins are wins and I don't want to risk a game. Heading into each game I figure we're going to lose, and unfortunately, I figure the same this week against the lambs....

The defense is good, but the offense is very limited. I don't even think we're executing running plays well, Lynch is just a beast.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll just leave these here. You can read more if you want: http://www.packerforum.com/
I'm sorry, I forgot about how the Packers' fans stood up for us after Superbowl 40. Or the Testaverde 'weak sneak'. Oh that's right, they criticized us didn't they. Well, they had 60 minutes to win the game. They failed to do so. Did they really think 12 points was going to be enough?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm Well, they had 60 minutes to win the game. They failed to do so. Did they really think 12 points was going to be enough?
Yep, and if you leave the game up in the air, until the final 8 seconds of the, bad shit is going to happen.
We won it with 'a little' help from our friends (the replacments/13 man/ect).

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
What I really think is disgusting is people acting like this doesn't happen EVERY YEAR in the NFL. Like this is the first time it has EVER happened. Hello, McFly!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The last play will probably the most polorizing contreversial call because of these 3 factors:

1. Game deciding (last play).
2. MNF
3. Replacment officials.

But it should take nothing away from the players/coaches/fans, it is what it is.

Top Bottom