• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Patriots vs Seahawks Pre-Game Poll

Who's gonna this week?

• Seattle runs away with it (15 points or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Like to know what your predictions are for this game and the reasons why you feel that way. Please state what your vote is, and your reasons why when you vote this week. Thanks.

If memory serves me correctly, the last time that the best offense & defense met this late in the season, the game was a one sided afair with the Patriots heavily beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

This week I will pick the Seahawks in a low scoring game & my reasoning should be simple enough to understand: First point, weather will be a deciding factor as we are likely to see a lot of wind and rain this weekend. Second point, if the passing games are limited due to weather, then the run game favors the home team all day long. Third point, we have the better special teams play in a game of field position & place kicking. Beast Mode wins this game.

What's your best?

Reaction score
I'm picking Hawks. Think defense wins it for us. I expect a performance like if not better than the one vs GB. I also think Lynch plays a big role in this. I can see him running extra hard (possible??) and breaking off a couple signature runs.

My only concern is the passing game. Millen was saying that Russells QB rating drops all the way down to 33 when he's blitzed. Thats an awful stat! Belichick is a smart man, he'll see that on film and I expect him to bring the house almost every play. Time for Russell to put on the big boy pants and try to prove me wrong.

Close game: Hawks win 17-13

Reaction score
The Patriots are good against the run, so this might be one of those throw to setup the run types of games for us. So, let's hope Wilson is up to that task. The Patriots secondary still isn't very good.

Reaction score
The Patriots are good against the run, so this might be one of those throw to setup the run types of games for us. So, let's hope Wilson is up to that task. The Patriots secondary still isn't very good.
Throw to set up the run? We're fucked.

Reaction score
LOL...Uh..What do you have to go on that it won't be? Lots of people hyped their teams comparing themselves to NE over the last decade..How has that worked for most?

Interesting read by a chick in Baaaawwwston in the Globe comparing the last two Pats HCs...

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/shesgamesports/2012/10/pete-carroll-the-anti-bill-belichick.html

Said it before, and I'll say I again. As long as this defense is healthy, we aren't getting blown out.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
And Defense is healthy, and hungry.

So because top offense, and top defensive clash it balances out to be a close game, but we have edge because at home.
Im just angry right now, after watching NFL network Playbook, all they talked about was NE and Wes Welker and Genius Bill Billecheck, none of those jacks even looked at Hawks D. Just gives us motivation tomorrow though.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I think it would take us more than one TD to win this one and I dont believe Wilson is up to it. In a low scoring game, we will see us having the ball and needing a touchdown in the last two minutes and Wilson just cant clutch it... Again. Sorry for the pessimism, I'd love to be wrong but that's what I think is the most likely outcome based on what I have seen from both teams so far.

Looking forward to seeing Clemons and Irvin maul Brady!

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Opinion (mine) is that Pete Carroll is unfortunately locked into west coast football stereotyping, like he did at USC.... smash mouth Eastern ball has almost always undone him, it surprises him, and, he does not really understand it... his (out of the West Coast area) coaching record "looks" like he should be on top of "smash mouth", but, he is like a homing pigeon ... always coming back to West Coast football thinking.

I really dislike trying to guess game outcomes before the fact (there is no real science to that process), but, Bellicheck fully understands Pete Carroll and will "bring it" ... this should be a football lovers game to watch (whether you have any interest in either team at all) and should make for a very "GOOD" and watchable football game.

The winner ? Today, it is on play calling... an "acceptable" performance by both QB's, and play calling.
West coast football vs. East Coast USC vs. Ohio State sorta' football. if everyone does their job adequately, we are still relying on the brain-games of play calling as to who wins today... a good day to switch Quarterbacks in the second half to thwart game planning and Bellichecks film preparation. (or bring back the fill-in referees).

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Opinion (mine) is that Pete Carroll is unfortunately locked into west coast football stereotyping, like he did at USC.... smash mouth Eastern ball has almost always undone him, it surprises him, and, he does not really understand it... his (out of the West Coast area) coaching record "looks" like he should be on top of "smash mouth", but, he is like a homing pigeon ... always coming back to West Coast football thinking.

I really dislike trying to guess game outcomes before the fact (there is no real science to that process), but, Bellicheck fully understands Pete Carroll and will "bring it" ... this should be a football lovers game to watch (whether you have any interest in either team at all) and should make for a very "GOOD" and watchable football game.

The winner ? Today, it is on play calling... an "acceptable" performance by both QB's, and play calling.
West coast football vs. East Coast USC vs. Ohio State sorta' football. if everyone does their job adequately, we are still relying on the brain-games of play calling as to who wins today... a good day to switch Quarterbacks in the second half to thwart game planning and Bellichecks film preparation. (or bring back the fill-in referees).
Correct! There is no science to it. Picking in the poll is just for fun, sort of like playing in an office pool where you total the two scores and might win if you have the correct last numerical digit. Footballs bounce in funny ways, which is why I agree with you when you say there is no science to it, but if there were...

I'd go with the East Coast Offense for today's game. Beginning in Seattle, run Lynch (towards the east) on first, second, and third downs. If he doesn't get past Topeka Kansas than punt. If he gets to Cincinnati Ohio send in Hauschka. If he makes it to Collumbus Ohio then consider going for it on fourth down.

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Correct! There is no science to it. Picking in the poll is just for fun, sort of like playing in an office pool where you total the two scores and might win if you have the correct last numerical digit. Footballs bounce in funny ways, which is why I agree with you when you say there is no science to it, but if there were...

I'd go with the East Coast Offense for today's game. Beginning in Seattle, run Lynch (towards the east) on first, second, and third downs. If he doesn't get past Topeka Kansas than punt. If he gets to Cincinnati Ohio send in Hauschka. If he makes it to Collumbus Ohio then consider going for it on fourth down.

My problem with Pete Carroll, is that I do not expect him to game-plan today in a fashion that will razz-ma-tazz the Bellicheck game-plan, and surprise the Pats. I am expecting the same-o same-o PC USC "keep it simple" mentality.

We are good enough in all areas to win any game (I think)... but we are waaay too predictable, and repeatable, with very few new looks, and very few (IMHO) crafty/risky play calls (I do not mean trick stuff, just the unexpected). That "known" conservative element of PC's personality is very well understood, and played (relied) upon by teams coming in the door to play football against us.

The Red and the Blue team switcharoo at half time is the weakness of Bellicheck, once laid out as a battle plan, and in the groove of successfully executing (and winning) .... his plan runs as if on rails, there is no provision in his brain for another team and another play logic suddenly appearing.... they cannot get the speeding train over to other rails, and the Pats then simply follow the doomed plan to a loss; but, I do not see PC changing whatever game plan he starts with, he is not a razz-ma-tazz coach, when today is done (win-lose) I hope some review will be given to situational play calling (and what could have been),

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
My problem with Pete Carroll, is that I do not expect him to game-plan today in a fashion that will razz-ma-tazz the Bellicheck game-plan, and surprise the Pats. I am expecting the same-o same-o PC USC "keep it simple" mentality.

We are good enough in all areas to win any game (I think)... but we are waaay too predictable, and repeatable, with very few new looks, and very few (IMHO) crafty/risky play calls (I do not mean trick stuff, just the unexpected). That "known" conservative element of PC's personality is very well understood, and played (relied) upon by teams coming in the door to play football against us.

The Red and the Blue team switcharoo at half time is the weakness of Bellicheck, once laid out as a battle plan, and in the groove of successfully executing (and winning) .... his plan runs as if on rails, there is no provision in his brain for another team and another play logic suddenly appearing.... they cannot get the speeding train over to other rails, and the Pats then simply follow the doomed plan to a loss; but, I do not see PC changing whatever game plan he starts with, he is not a razz-ma-tazz coach, when today is done (win-lose) I hope some review will be given to situational play calling (and what could have been),
It's a double edged sword. Conservative is traditionaly what works, but something other than what most teams prepare for is always going to be difficult to defend, such as the duck offense these pats are using.

I'm not a PC fan myself; he inherited some high draft picks his first year because the team had been so bad, but other than ET, the top draft choices he's made don't play in the games very consistantly (Okung, Carpenter, Moffitt). Still though, I like our players that we do have overall.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Poll results: nine winners, and three ummm...non-committed.

Top Bottom