• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports Brandon Marshal to Hawks

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
our OL is in way more need of fix than our DL, especially if we do the smart thing and switch to the 3-4.no OL means no throwing time and no running game, only thing we can run is stupid dump passes that hopefully forsett can bust open

Reaction score
D Hawk;45699 said:
I'd rather draft Dez Bryant at 6. OK - maybe not, but no way do we give up our #6. #40 and Branch or 2nd and 4th and we send Branch to NE for a 4th Rd pick. Since NE is out of the Boldin auction they need to get Brady a WR. He wants Branch back.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Hopefully the new GM can get at least the first trade done.

Reaction score
sigpro;45717 said:
IF this trade happens I want Ruskell back.
Why wouldn't you trade Branch and a 2nd round pick for a Top 5 WR? Especially after losing Burleson...

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
I would like to see Marshall become a hawk, but not at the cost of our #6. Other than that they can have the low picks and/or Branch and a pick! We need a top notch reciever, but we have other issues that need major attention too OL/DB!

Reaction score
Get ready for another #ONE rant...

What the f#*& is wrong with you people?! Please pull your tampons out of your ass and think for a minute...

There isn't ONE mother-effing person in this draft that I would rather have over Marshall... do you know why? Because he is a proven guy!

He is 25 years old, and has had 100+catch and 1100+yard seasons the last 3 years..

There is no WR in the league that is better at YAC than Marshall, not Fitz or Johnson..

Fitz will catch anything thrown his way, but he doesn't come anywhere close to Marshall when it comes to breaking tackles and making fools miss and turning a 4 yard dump pass into a 55yard TD... and Johnson is just a monster mix or size and speed, but I'd take Marshall over him any day.

Dez Bryant hasn't done shit in the NFL, neither has Golden Tate or any other draftee... they are unproven. So is Suh, Okung, Berry, Mayes etc etc etc....

If I could have it my way, I would much rather give Denver later round picks instead of our fist... but if that's what it came down to, I would definitely not complain.

Marshall is PROVEN talent, he is a "Beast".... you cannot say that about ANYONE in the draft...

OL, DE, RB, DB's will all be there at later rounds...

>>END of RANT<<

UK_Seahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;45726 said:
Get ready for another #ONE rant...

What the f#*& is wrong with you people?! Please pull your tampons out of your ass and think for a minute...

There isn't ONE mother-effing person in this draft that I would rather have over Marshall... do you know why? Because he is a proven guy!

He is 25 years old, and has had 100+catch and 1100+yard seasons the last 3 years..

There is no WR in the league that is better at YAC than Marshall, not Fitz or Johnson..

Fitz will catch anything thrown his way, but he doesn't come anywhere close to Marshall when it comes to breaking tackles and making fools miss and turning a 4 yard dump pass into a 55yard TD... and Johnson is just a monster mix or size and speed, but I'd take Marshall over him any day.

Dez Bryant hasn't done shit in the NFL, neither has Golden Tate or any other draftee... they are unproven. So is Suh, Okung, Berry, Mayes etc etc etc....

If I could have it my way, I would much rather give Denver later round picks instead of our fist... but if that's what it came down to, I would definitely not complain.

Marshall is PROVEN talent, he is a "Beast".... you cannot say that about ANYONE in the draft...

OL, DE, RB, DB's will all be there at later rounds...

>>END of RANT<<

I agree though in a less aggressive way! Look at the number of busts that come out of Round 1. We have two 1st picks, why not use one on a proven (and reasonably young) talent

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Nice rant duck.

Yeah, so Im starting to warm up to the whole thing alittle, but heres my issues:
Is Brandon Marshall worth Burelson, 7 million a year contract, and say Berry, Okung, or Bradford at #6?? If next year we put a good team together and we are in any position for the playoffs then maybe. But with our current line issues if not resolved, matt will be ONLY throwing, hooks slants, and screens due to lack of protection, so whats the good having a guy that can stretch the field then?
Matt has never thrown a good deep ball anyways!

You add the off the field drama I think this is a high risk, high reward, type of move. Granted Im sure the FO has a plan, I am very curious to see it unfold, if it does happen.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
ive been saying this the whole time, sure we have more essential needs at the moment, but theres a very good chance that who we take with both our first round picks wont amount to shit, can say the same thing about brandon marshall.

Reaction score
szat;45737 said:
Nice rant duck.

Yeah, so Im starting to warm up to the whole thing alittle, but heres my issues:
Is Brandon Marshall worth Burelson, 7 million a year contract, and say Berry, Okung, or Bradford at #6?? If next year we put a good team together and we are in any position for the playoffs then maybe. But with our current line issues if not resolved, matt will be ONLY throwing, hooks slants, and screens due to lack of protection, so whats the good having a guy that can stretch the field then?
Matt has never thrown a good deep ball anyways!

You add the off the field drama I think this is a high risk, high reward, type of move. Granted Im sure the FO has a plan, I am very curious to see it unfold, if it does happen.

Man watch some highlights of Brandon Marshall.... he will turn the little hook slants into 50yrd receptions...... We know we need an OL but you can give the QB all the time in the world to throw... but if he doesnt have a guy to throw to then OL wont amount to anything.

Reaction score
Berry, Okung and Bradford... all sound great... but there is just as much of a chance of them being busts as there is them being superstars.

With Marshall you already know what you are getting. A proven play maker, that will stretch the field as you pointed out and if Matt does get enough time he throws a pretty decent deep ball. Watch some of his highlights from when he actually had a good line... specifically 04-05 seasons.

Plus we have a need for WR. Burleson is gone, TJ is gonna be 32, Branch is GARBAGE and Butler and Ben are not proven guys. If Marshall was coming out of college this year, and knowing everything we know about him now as far as his ability to produce, would he not be considered a top 5 pick?

But he is better than any rookie, he is 25, been in the league for 3 years, has adjusted to the league... why pick some kid who is unproven and give him top 10 $ when instead you can get Marshall.

Plus we have another pick in the 1st round, which I think is a better pick anyways. At 6 you almost have to pick the best player available because of the size of contract he will demand. You mostly likely won't draft for need unless a monster Tackle or stuf QB are on the board. At 14 you have a lot more breathing room, the contract that guy will receive will be far less than the #6 and you can actually draft for need and it won't be a stretch.

It really is a win win situation for us... now at the end of the day, I would much rather give up a 4th and 6th round etc.. than a #6... but like I said, I won't be mad if we do.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
MARSHALL is only 25 years old like cmon hes gonna be around for quit some time,hes like the next TO just not as many problems and way better chance of turning a busted play that shouldve been a 1-2 yard gain into a 30 yard or td.And he is the best in the game at if the balls up in the air making sure it doesnt get picked, he goes all out, i would just love a guy like that, and him and tj are like bff's.you can still get a decent lineman later in draft anyway especially if we make a trade of branch for a pick. and were only giving them one first round probbly if any at all so whats the big deal??

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
If the rumors are true, and we give up a 2nd and 4th......That is a steal for this guy. We can Trade Seneca to Cleveland for a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

Trade Branch to the Pats for a 4th rd pick.

WELL WORTH IT!!!

Like I keep reading...Marshall is Better than any WR in the Draft!

Reaction score
Marshall is better than any player in the draft... because he is a proven NFL player, the rest are kids with high hopes.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
marshall is up there with andre johnson and larry fitzgerald if not better them and hes just entering his prime. like wtf else do you want

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45761 said:
marshall is up there with andre johnson and larry fitzgerald if not better them and hes just entering his prime. like wtf else do you want
I like your thinking..... Me and my Bro #one Have been thinking that sense we herd about this whole thing....

seriously i really hope we get him.

Top Bottom