• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports: Ruskell Will NOT Return

Reaction score
Pro Football Weekly is reporting that Ruskell will not return after his contract runs out after this year as GM. The sources are reported to be inside, but I will say this PTW is one source I don't find so reliable. They were the site that reported Housh was signing with the Vikings and Curry had signed a deal with the Lions. So I don't believe this one as much as I would if it came from another site. However Rotoworld has also linked it which they tend to do only if it appears true or accurate. Having said that the question will now arise as to who takes over? Is this a sign that Holmgren will take over? Or is just Paul Allen knowing that Ruskell doesn't give the Seahawks the best chance to improve the team for the future? How will this effect Mora? Yes Mora is in his first-year with Seattle, but truth is Mora was Ruskell's pick. Will the new guy coming in want his own guy? I guess we will just have to wait and see, but the way it looks right now Ruskell's days are limited in Seattle.

Reaction score
Remember my conversation with Holmgren at the airport a few months ago?

The one where he seemed very confident he would be returning to the NFL and his plans were to stay here in Seattle.

Can only mean one thing... I sure hope so.

Reaction score
Danny O'Neil should find a new career if he thinks Ruskell will stick around after several unsuccessful seasons.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Danny O'Neil should find a new career if he thinks Ruskell will stick around after several unsuccessful seasons.

He never said he thinks Ruskell will stick around, but he says the report that they've already decided to let him walk is bogus.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
As I mentioned Pro Football Weekly isn't the best with accurate stories.

O'Neill talks about the reasons this doesn't appear to be accurate. I hope it is, but given the reasons he stated I beg to differ with the report. I don't think Ruskell will return, but I still think it's too early for that type of an announcment right now.

Top Bottom