• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rice has torn ACL

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I was holding out hope that Rice would re-emerge as the season went on. But you're right, as it is now, we're only losing about 2 receptions and 20-30 yards a game going by what he's done so far.
Can't help but wonder if he's played his last game as a Seahawk.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Someone needs to emerge as a leader who can catch consistently. Kearse needs to bring it. He dropped a sure 1st down when we needed it. Rice is a huge loss for what he drew in coverage.

As far as production I don't see passing in general having all that much production so far this season. Those short throws need to open up for the pressure to ease on Russ in the pocket. We can't rely on those couple long passes every game. I can't believe how bad our Oline is under pressure. If that doesn't change by chipping or scheme we're screwed anyway.

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
Now would be the time for Percy Harvin to return. Hopefully he'll be healthy soon and it'll take some of the sting out of it. As for Rice, it's unfortunate he got hurt, but from a pragmatic view, we've probably seen him in a Seahawks uniform for the last time. I can't see the Hawks re-signing him after this, he's just gets too many injuries for what he's getting paid.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Good point blue about the coverage, but I've pretty much given up on Rice.

I'm starting to get concerned about the play calling. Lynch is one of the best RB's in the NFL isn't he? Having Mrob didn't seem to make things any better for the ground game.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
In my opinion it was crazy to abandon the run so soon. We need to pound it until they respect it during the game. Russ continuing to stay in the pocket and wait to be sacked was driving me insane. When it's not working lets hit plan B or Plan C...Jesus.

Unless Lynch was hurt on Monday Night I have no idea why they didn't keep pounding him. I'd tell them "we're gonna run, try and stop us". I mean come on, the Lambs are that good all the way across the DLine? I say that's bullshit. If they were they wouldn't be scraping the bottom of the NFC West.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
"we're gonna run, try and stop us"

They were playing it like that. The Rams were I mean. They were stacking 8 in the box for a substantial part of that game which is why it was so difficult for Lynch to get yards. Compounding the problem was the backfield penetration off the snap the Rams were getting on almost every play, not just on the pass plays but on the running plays too.

A big reason the Rams stacked the box so much on us, in a roundabout way, was because of the shoddy pass protection. They knew they could get away with it because on pass plays Wilson didn't have nearly enough time to do any damage against that formation anyway.
It all starts and ends with the pass protection. It's been snowballing into the negative and it'll have a snowball effect in the positive once they fix the problem.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Sounds familiar. The Rams did their homework and found the weakness.

Seahawks game plan: QB has trouble with quick passes, slow RB's with a shoddy line. Take away the ability to get outside the pocket and what's left? I guess that is why it is good to have a tall QB and a quick and agile RB.

The Rams defense up front was more than enough to get it done given the current state of our offense. I know it would never happen but imo Jackson was the better QB given the situation. I doubt the Rams would have been able to deal with a QB that could snap and throw.

Idahawk

Reaction score

Seahawks game plan: QB has trouble with quick passes, slow RB's with a shoddy line. Take away the ability to get outside the pocket and what's left? I guess that is why it is good to have a tall QB and a quick and agile RB.

The Rams defense up front was more than enough to get it done given the current state of our offense. I know it would never happen but imo Jackson was the better QB given the situation. I doubt the Rams would have been able to deal with a QB that could snap and throw.

I see your posting drunk again.

Reaction score

Yes Wilson is short. Yes it does limit certain things he can do in certain situations. But, I will tell you this, if not for the things that Wilson CAN do, this team, with this offensive line situation, is 4-4, 5-3 at best.

Marshawn Lynch is and will be one of the best running backs to play the game. Sure, he’s not a prototypical burner, but there isn’t another back in the league not named Adrian Peterson that runs as physical as he does. Dude is a freaking BEAST! Literally (not really).

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is and will be one of the best running backs to play the game. Sure, he’s not a prototypical burner, but there isn’t another back in the league not named Adrian Peterson that runs as physical as he does.

I agree. One thing I can't figure out though. Why did Shaun typically get 15-20+ TDs a season while Lynch only gets around 10? He should get at least 1 rushing TD just about every game.
Since Lynch isn't a burner, he needs a gap to run through. Not a big one but even he can't just bull over DTs and LBs to get yards. The line's gotta do their job and give him something to work with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree. One thing I can't figure out though. Why did Shaun typically get 15-20+ TDs a season while Lynch only gets around 10? He should get at least 1 rushing TD just about every game.
Since Lynch isn't a burner, he needs a gap to run through. Not a big one but even he can't just bull over DTs and LBs to get yards. The line's gotta do their job and give him something to work with.

Well, Holmgren knew Shaun loved him his TD's. They called a lot of running plays inside the red zone; especially to the left behind Hutch and Jones. Also, Shaun ran much harder inside the 20's than he did between. That's well documented.
Marshawn gives the same level off effort no matter what. I think if Marshawn ran behind the 2005 offensive line, he could easily run for 35 TD's.... And I don't think that’s an exaggeration.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Also, Shaun ran much harder inside the 20's than he did between.
Still though, he probably wasn't quite as strong and power-oriented as Lynch. And if I'm not mistaken, I think Lynch is also slightly faster than Shaun was in his prime. Shaun was one of the slowest RBs in the league with 4.65 speed. I couldn't ever quite put a finger on how Shaun did what he did. He wasn't a finesse runner neither, nothing fancy, he'd just hit the hole and when he hit the 2nd level he just kept on running and always seemed to be able to find open space.

Lynch's strengths are far more identifiable. Since Shaun was able to get 28 TDs (or whatever it was) then 35 for Lynch running behind those hogs they had back then doesn't seem unrealistic.

Idahawk

Reaction score
SA was a glider and when he ran it looked as if he was slow , yet nobody touched him .

I think they are pacing Lynch and I know he's not happy about his touches , I've seen enough body language and heard some audio where Wilson asked if ' he " meaning Lynch was mad after the two failed roll out keepers and then the TD pass . So I think he's been making some noise in the locker room , and you saw him flip off the sideline so he's not been exactly pleased with the playing calling .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

Idahawk

Reaction score
LOL. I don't think he was drunk. Not enough spelling errors lol or ethnic slurs.

I do think thats how he really feels, but has been supressing it lately because the team is 7-1.

T-Jac always looks better at closing time !

equqadaj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom