• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

:roll: @ ESPN

Reaction score
Showing San Fran all kinds of love. They had an impressive game against a team riddled with injuries... They're a little too early jumping on the 49er bandwagon. This week against a beastly run defense and the best back in the NFL they'll have their hands full. If they pull it out then I have no problem with ESPN singing their praises because I personally feel Minnesota has no business losing this game.

Reaction score
What's the beef with Minny?

I have no problem with South-Central Canada. Their team has never posed a real problem to us, except their dirty defense, who like Willis hurt Matt a couple years ago.

Reaction score
The 49ers beat the Super Bowl losing Cardinals and the injury plagued Seahawks...

If ESPN truly thinks that they will beat the Vikings, they must be on crack... :lol:

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
it wasn't Ruskell's fault we didn't re-sign Hutch. the language in that contract Hutch signed with Minn made it impossible for us to match the offer, and that had NOTHING to do with the seahawks front office.

basically, we would have had to pay him more than what any Guard would be worth AND guarantee his contract for seven years.

when a front office starts over-paying for players, that's when the team starts going downhill in the following years...

sucks = yes. :cry: mistake not to re-sign him = no

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, actually it is Little Ruskell's fault....He could've franchised him...But Little Ruskell's Alfalfa all growsed up's looking ass though he was fucking smart and tried to fuck him out of money...

"when a front office starts over-paying for players, that's when the team starts going downhill in the following years..."

Says who? When they overpay for shitty players or overrated players---yeah...Hutch is the best at his position....That's not overpaying...Remember this is the same fucking douchebag that DID overpay for Shauna Alexandria...

Reaction score
I love how everything is jumping the 9ers bandwagon! Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine and Sporting News all had articles on Mike Singletary.

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
who did we franchise that year? do you remember?

anyways, maybe we could have franchised him but i don't remember who got the tag instead of Hutch but we definately could not retain him once he signed that contract for Minn.

he would have been paid more than Walter Jones (who was considered the best lineman in the nfl at the time by the way) AND the contract would have been GUARANTEED for SEVEN YEARS.

that would leave no room for free agents that are WORTH THE MONEY

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
squirreljack said:

anyways, maybe we could have franchised him but i don't remember who got the tag instead of Hutch but we definately could not retain him once he signed that contract for Minn.

he would have been paid more than Walter Jones (who was considered the best lineman in the nfl at the time by the way) AND the contract would have been GUARANTEED for SEVEN YEARS.

It was the greatest argument for the whole "a running back is only as good as his blockers" adage who got franchised.

And uh I know everyone's hating on Favre, but holy shit... The dude still has it.

S

Seattlehawk94

squirreljack said:

We could have franchised him but we didn't because Little Ruskell thinks he's fucking smart (usually the biggest idiots are the ones that think they are smarter than most other people). He did it because he thought using the Transition Tag could've saved money, instead it cost us one of the best OLmen EVER...

As for that GUARANTEED salary for SEVEN YEARS as you put it....SFW? He's worth it...He's going to make the Pro-Bowl in each of those seven seasons so how is that NOT worth it?

I'd rather have a high paid guy who's going to be in the Pro-Bowl and is the best in the league at his position than a bunch of stiffs who've basically put Matt on IR becausese he has no protection on his blind side anymore.

As for who we FTed in 2006....NO ONE....

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
You only get to use the franchise or transitional tag. We went transitional...

No, we used the franchise tag on Shaun Alexander that year.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Hawk096 said:
You only get to use the franchise or transitional tag. We went transitional...

No, we used the franchise tag on Shaun Alexander that year.

That we did and what was I thinking?.... Not too sure myself! Thanks though Bob for pointing it out.

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
maybe looking back, Hutch would be worth a guaranteed contract, but that's a risk...

more often than not, when you sign a guy to a long-term contract for premium salary, they underperform compared to what they are getting paid.

Hutch is an exception.

Top Bottom