• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ROUND 1 & 2 MOCK DRAFT

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
1st round - Michael Crabtree, Wide Receiver, 6’ 3” 214 lbs, Texas Tech

Strengths: Hands, concentration, routes, blocking
Crabtree’s ability to catch the ball with his hands effortlessly is one of several key indicators that he will be not only a high draft pick when he leaves Texas Tech, but a successful pro. Too many receivers catch with their bodies, which leads to more drops in today’s game. His tenacity, that reminds me of Hines Ward, is also an impressive attribute. He is a tireless blocker, whom seems to enjoy the redemption of punishing the defenders on the few plays he is not involved in.

2nd round - Graham Harrell, Quarterback, 6’ 2”, 199 lbs, Texas Tech

Strengths: Quick Release, Accuracy, Vision, Experience, Confidence
Harrell has a lot of upside. He is a very accurate quarterback (he has completed 71.7% of his passes) and he rarely misfires. He takes the time needed to read the defense, find an open receiver and get the ball downfield. Harrell also sees the field very well and can hit the open receiver or throw it through traffic and find his man. His accuracy can be shown by the number of interceptions he has thrown (five so far this season). He excels at throwing the ball on short and intermediate routes and can connect well on vertical routes.

Both of these players will be available when we draft. Talk about a way to start to re-build!! We draft the next T.O without the attitude. Than we go after the QB that throws to him. They have a familiarity with each other that takes years to learn!

Reaction score
I like that mock draft. I know draftcountdown.com has us taking Crabtree also. I think it makes sense, but if it comes true I think Branch will either have to take a pay cut or take a cut from the roster.

Reaction score
12thManzAlive said:
I'd love to see this happen, the chemistry would be AMAZING!!!

I was also thinking maybe we trade down and get Maclin then get Chase Daniel in the 4th or 5th round which seems like a more likely situation.

Reaction score
I think Harrell could absolutely fall to the beginning of the 2nd round. Especially if Stafford, Bradford, and McCoy all come out.

I would prefer to pick up some secondary help with one of these picks but I definitely wouldn't be upset if we took those two guys.

Reaction score
I 100% agree with Crabtree. Let's just hope the Lions aren't dumbasses and take another WR when they don't need that position. Crabtree has hands, which is something the Seahawks are known for NOT having. Branch and Engram are great, but with Engram being 35 (Or at least almost, if not already) and Branch getting older and getting even more injury prone, we need a young guy who can catch and has that deep threat that we need. (Branch to Eagles for SECONDARY...)

With Tebow, Bradford and others possibly coming out in the draft we should see Graham Harrell dropping to the top of the 2nd or at least to the bottom of the 1st round. I wouldn't mind seeing us get these two guys together on the same team in the NFL, but I wouldn't be surprised if the draft goes way different than what most people think.

Reaction score
Cole said:
I swear, if Crabtree's available and they don't take 'em... We need a fuckin' playmaker!
Agreed, we need a guy on offense who can give us the deep threat as well as catch the ball, block and just be as smart as he is. He will be a great rookie and should have a great career.

Reaction score
but the idiot GM will more likely trade down and get a 7th rounder and take a 5'2" CB that is fast :roll:

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Even if we beat the Lambs, we should still get a top 5 pick. So these guys are completely possible. As far as an OT to learn from Walt, the problem is that it usually takes 3 or 4 years for an O-Line guy to really get any good. We are better off drafting guys that could make an impact now and go after young O-Linemen in Free agency. I repeat young O-linemen. Not 34 year old, injury prone O-Linemen!!!!!

Reaction score
This team is more than 2 years from getting back anyhow. Also by that time we will need a QB. Forget next year and try another go at the super bowl in 4 years. Getting the best OT this year and maybe a QB in the 2nd this year. WR and RB next year.

Idahawk

Reaction score
If Crabtree comes out for the draft and falls to seattle then we would have 3 WRs in the 5 mil a year range ..not gonna happen. WR is not as glaring a weakness as the secondary and the o-line. Branch looks good finally and Nate will return , with Carlson a stud we should be fine , Id rather have a runningback then a WR anyway.

I think we will pick 5-8 range and will grab a cornerback if the two top o-lineman are gone Malcolm Jenkins CB, ohio state is the hands down best in the draft..right now

Unless Taylor Mays comes out then that would HAVE to be our pick and bring him home to seattle and that could be a reason for him want to come out this year??? knowing you could go home , it could be a match made in heaven .Trade down and get this kid !!!!!!!!!!!

Russell , Jennings and even Wilson just aren't cutting it...Wilson should get one more shot ...but the other two need to go away..were to small in the secondary , to many big plays ...its really the only choice

My second round pick would be a running back or we could have two second round picks ;)

grhaley1

Huddler
Reaction score
how come every time a guy who grew up in washington goes pro seattle has to take him? Taylor Mays is not a top 10 pick, Malcolm Jenkins makes sense but not taylor mays......If Stafford and the top OL are gone u take jenkins

Idahawk

Reaction score
grhaley1 said:
how come every time a guy who grew up in washington goes pro seattle has to take him? Taylor Mays is not a top 10 pick, Malcolm Jenkins makes sense but not taylor mays......If Stafford and the top OL are gone u take jenkins

Since we need both CB and S I really don't care if they take Jenkins fine by me..but he will be costly that high

I never said Mays was a top ten pick I said trade down for him...he is a stud and a future star in the NFL ..sorry he's from seattle but thats also part of the beauty of taking this kid...he will want to be here , like Lofa wants to be here, like Tru wants to be here, players don't exactly beat the door down to play in seattle they do it for the money if a guy wants to be here then thats bonus and since his dad is microsoft and mom nordstom's I think he wants to be here..if he comes out that is.

If we can trade down and get an extra pick and get Mays thats a home run IMO .

I know we won't take a high pick, I just know it

grhaley1

Huddler
Reaction score
o my bad dude i didnt see the part were u said trade down, i agree that Mays is a mid-late first round pick,thats actually a good idea if jenkins is gone see if we could trade down a few get a extra pick and grab mays...... and u do make a point about a guy actually wanting to play here. I remember a few years ago when the Eagles cut Corey Simon and Seattle called him to see if we could enter negotiations and see if we could get him here and Corey Simon told the seahawks and i quote " Sorry but I dont want to play in the north pole" lol

Top Bottom