• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Seahawks ‘much more physical’ according to Arizona’s Fitzgerald

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
ap120101045249-1.jpg

How have the Seahawks changed in two seasons under coach Pete Carroll?
Larry Fitzgerald should know, because the Cardinals’ Pro Bowl wide receiver has played the Seahawks twice in each of those seasons. He caught nine passes for 149 yards in 2011 season finale, which the Cardinals won 23-20 in overtime. But Fitzgerald also received a bruised lung and was coughing up blood on the sideline, according to this report on ESPN.com.
To say the new-look Seahawks left an impression on Fitzgerald doesn’t tell the whole story.
Here’s Fitzgerald assessment, as told to Mike Sando of ESPN.com during the countdown to Sunday’s Super Bowl in Indianapolis: “They are much more physical, much more physical. At the Pro Bowl last week, they had three guys from their secondary, Brandon Browner and Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. When you look at Chancellor, Chancellor is 6-foot-3, 230 pounds and a phenomenal athlete with good ball skills, good range. Earl Thomas is like a young Troy Polamalu, flying around and making plays. And Brandon Browner is the biggest cornerback I’ve ever seen in my life. He can play, too. He can cover. I really like the young rookie they have, (Richard) Sherman from Stanford. He is going to be a good player. Obviously, when they get Marcus Trufant back, that will only make them deeper. They challenge you at the point of attack. They want to pressure you and make things uncomfortable for you at the line of scrimmage, and their whole philosophy has changed. It’s fun to play against them.”

b.gif
hIErCEh_BCE

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom