• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks 2013 Regular Season MVP ?

Seahawks Huddle regular season MVP is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Idahawk

Reaction score
With so many great players to choose from its a tough choice , so let's put it to the vote .We really hated to leave a few guys out of the pole , so many guys stepped up this season, so feel free to add your favorite if he's not on the list .

If your voting using a phone or tablet and can't see the pole feel free to just post your vote and we can tally in those as well .

Thank You

The mod staff

Go Hawks

Last edited:

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I had to vote other because i could not just give it to one player on that defense. My mvp is just the whole defense. Cop out maybe, but i just couldnt choose one.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Richard Sherman - He negates every teams #1 threat, is the mouth of the defense - and I like how he has toned it down a little, if they go to his side, its a 50/50 chance of being picked, and is a physical presence in the backfield.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Sherman's been awesome but has had some bad games and mistakes. Thomas has been a rock.

Thomas 105 tackles, 5 int (78 solo)
Sherman 49 tackles, 8 int

I think Wagner should be mentioned as the leading tackler with 120 and 5 sacks.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bad game(s)?? I think that is an overstatement. Has he been burned once or twice? Yes... that is life as corner.
Both players are the best of the best so its hard to poke holes.

Reaction score
Richard Sherman - He negates every teams #1 threat, is the mouth of the defense - and I like how he has toned it down a little, if they go to his side, its a 50/50 chance of being picked, and is a physical presence in the backfield.
You throw deep on Sherman and I see its a 90% chance that ball is getting picked. He does not only take the #1 receiver but also takes half the field away from the QB. I don't know what the #'s are this year, but last year the QB rating when throwing at Shermn was in the low 40's.

Reaction score
Sherman's been awesome but has had some bad games and mistakes. Thomas has been a rock.

Thomas 105 tackles, 5 int (78 solo)
Sherman 49 tackles, 8 int

I think Wagner should be mentioned as the leading tackler with 120 and 5 sacks.
Bad games? No. A few bad plays. I recall him getting burned by the Vikings (playing with a bum hip) and then getting beat by Hilton vs Indy. And even that play vs Indy was a miscommunication between he and Earl.

Earl is amazing. The best Safety in the game. My favorite player on defense. Not to take anything away from him, but there are several really-good-to-elite safeties in the league. Guys like Weddle, Berry, Byrd that could step in and play at a level close to Earls. There is not a single corner out there like Richard Sherman. His combination of size, technique, knowledge of the game are unreal. I think the game also comes easier to Earl. He was blessed with insane talent. Sherman is not the most talented athlete and has had to work hard to perfect his craft.

Just one man's opinion.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sherman and ET only hawks named to all pro team

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
They are both bad ass and the best at their position but Thomas's ability to solo tackle and clean up make him the MVP imo.

If Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman had a vote, the NFL’s defensive player of the year would be Seahawks safety Earl Thomas.
“I would have to give it to Earl,” Sherman told Seahawks.com. “I think Earl is having a fantastic year. He’s flying around, tackling everywhere, forcing fumbles, getting interceptions. I don’t think there’s anybody out there playing better defense and I think our defense is No. 1 in the league. So usually the best quarterback with the best receivers isn’t punished for that, so don’t punish one of the best players on the best defense. So I think he should get it.”

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one player in any team sport; especially this years team.

Our defense is insane and that's not in dispute. On the offensive side of the ball we've had less of an impact on the game in my opinion, but when we've needed a spark Golden has been the man. Taking wicked shots, making great catches and even getting head hunted in the Ram's game didn't stop him.

Earl Thomas is without a doubt the quiet star on Defense. He's literally everywhere. I voted for GT because he does a lot with the little he's given. On this team you could point out 12-14 guys who make a great impact. I guess that's a great problem to have.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
They are both bad ass and the best at their position but Thomas's ability to solo tackle and clean up make him the MVP imo.

If I were to make a case for earl, it is not even about his numbers, its about what he does as the center fielder. You can see it in the QB's eyes he makes them hesitate to go deep, I mean there is no throwing deep on this secondary and Earl is the #1 factor in that. He allows Cam to play up in the box, and stuff the run, daring teams to throw on us, and still they fear him.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Sherman is not the most talented athlete and has had to work hard to perfect his craft.

I agree he's had to work hard. But as quickly as he made the transition from college WR to all pro CB can't be done without some God-given abilities beyond the norm. Whether physical or mental, something is there that's uncommon. Intangibles maybe, I don't know. You might have hit it pretty close by referring to his knowledge of the game. That and maybe his sheer determination. The dude's a born champion.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
When Golden was drafted some people thought the Hawks should draft Clausen. I made a statement then that Clausen didn't make Golden but Golden made Clausen in college. I think that has proven out in the pros. I have a hard time picking just one player on this team MVP when several are deserving of the award. I can see about nine players on this team that should be named all pro. Thinking about who should be the MVP, I would pick Russell Wilson. I feel he is the player the Hawks could least afford to lose and plays the most important position on the team. Where would the Hawks be without him?

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
RW is a vital part of what we are but to be honest our offense hasn't been looking real good lately. The Defense is without a doubt the best in the NFL and without them where would we be? Probably not in the playoffs.

Reaction score
RW is a vital part of what we are but to be honest our offense hasn't been looking real good lately. The Defense is without a doubt the best in the NFL and without them where would we be? Probably not in the playoffs.

Yeah down the stretch you have to give it to the defense. Early on though, there were a handful of games where Wilson either made a huge crucial throw on a game winning drive or took over a game and won it almost single handedly.

Top Bottom