• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Daily Blog Reports

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Re: Seahawks Free Agent Daily Reports

Currently they are on pick 35 with the Rams.

Seahawks have No. 37.

Sean Smith is still availabe.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Very possible we will take either Smith or even Shonn Green if he gets past Cleveland.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Cleveland's pick has been made now just waiting for official announcment.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Going local with Brian Robiskie Seattle is on the clock... fire who you want or think we take?

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

I will be heading out to dinner in a little bit... Seahawks day is done, unless we make a move. I will be writing a Draft Article when I return and will also grade the draft so far for us. We only drafted Curry, but we did pick up an additional 1st round pick in 2010's draft from Denver. I wonder if it's their pick or the one they received from Chicago in the Cutler trade.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Hill has had the franchise tag removed making him officially a free-agent. Seattle previously offered him a 6 yr $36 million dollar deal in which he turned down. Seattle can still re-sign him.

Here's my point of view:
Seattle I would imagine shopped him around before releasing him. Meaning it appears no one might be interested in him. If that's true I would give it a few weeks allow him to look around and realize he isn't as priced as he would like to be and re-sign with Seattle. He was arrested in January for position of drugs.

I give it a few weeks for Hill to re-sign with Seattle. I don't see many teams that would want him at this point. If they do lose him the question will arise will Ruskell and Gus Bradley bring in a man they are familiar with in Derrick Brooks?

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

According to ESPN Insider and Edgerrin James's agent Drew Rosenhaus Seattle has expressed interest in the 10-year vet who was recently let go by division foes and NFC Conference Champions Arizona Cardinals. James a four time Pro Bowler has played for the Colts and Cardinals after being drafted in 1999 out of the University of Miami.

Reaction score

Well I'm not sold on JJ as a featured back... But I don't think Edge would improve our RB situation much.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

I think JJ deserves at least a chance. He has never been given full duties and the one time he was in Dallas had 1,000 yard season. Look how well he was doing for us while Mo Mo was hurt. I think he needs to get his confidence up and not have someone always on his back (Marion Barber and Mo Mo).

Reaction score

There's no doubt that TJ will get the short yardage carries though... Dude was money last year.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Yes and deserving so. I mean though as the main feature back.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

TJ Houshmandzadeh told Mitch Levy on KJR "We're going to be real good." He also went on to complimenting Jim Mora and staff. He closed out the interview by saying.

"Don't flex us in, we'll have our coming-out party in the playoffs."

We do have the team that if everyone stays healthy we could make quite the run. There will be a lot of questions this Training Camp that will be presented:

-How healthy does Hasselbeck stay? Walter?

-How will the running game pan out? How will the defense rebound?

-How do we do under Mora?

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

According to Sporting News John Carlson is the 15th ranked Tight End out of 20 that were ranked. Ironically Stevens is ranked No. 14.

Reaction score

Carlson will be one of the best in no time. The kid has a lot of talent. I can't wait to see how well he plays with a healthy team around him and especially with Housh drawing double coverage or at least a lot of attention.

When you have Branch, Housh and Burleson out there and have Carlson out there as well, he should be able to get open every time.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Phaze I totally agree. I think Carlson could put up Pro Bowl numbers this year and throughout his career. He will be a force and will go down as our best tight end ever.

Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
I think JJ deserves at least a chance. He has never been given full duties and the one time he was in Dallas had 1,000 yard season. Look how well he was doing for us while Mo Mo was hurt. I think he needs to get his confidence up and not have someone always on his back (Marion Barber and Mo Mo).
I am on board with this. Even though Mo did some ok things, It always pissed me off when he got the start over Jones.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Seattle is expected to sign C David Washington of Oklahoma St. Washington had been invited as an undrafted free agent and it appears he will return to Seattle this weekend could be signed and added to the 80-man roster as early as next week. He still will have a long trip to making the 53-man roster. He will have to compete with Chris Spencer and Steve Vallos (Vallos filled in nicely for Spencer last season.) However he may find a spot on the Practice Squad. Spencer will be a free agent after this season and if Vallos does well don't be surprised if Seattle lets Spencer walk. Washington is 6'3 307 and will join newly drafted OL Max Unger of Oregon.

Top Bottom