• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Salary Cap Number

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-8- ... -save.html

Thoughts?

The only person that really makes sense to cut is Peterson. Kerney would cost us more to cut than to keep. Hasselbeck is far too good for his value. And the others just do not make a big enough justification to cut. I think if we could find a safety for the $900k we would save for cutting Russell, then cut him. Otherwise, there is no sense. Same with Branch.

Reaction score
Why is everyone about cutting JP?! He made the Pro Bowl!!! He is one of the most feared LBs in the NFL. Yes he may take up space, but he's deserving of it. Name me other then Walter and Leonard who would have been in Hawii.

Reaction score
Peterson is a decent linebacker, but he is overpaid for what he has done. I'd hate to get rid of him, but if they strongly feel it is for the better of the team, they should at least trade him off for a decent player or draft picks.

Reaction score
Overpaid? A three-time Pro Bowler with us. Including All-Pro selection in 2007. Yes his sacks went down this year, but given our defenses performance he stayed consistent and was selected to a Pro Bowl. I don't a Pro Bowl selection as a sign of an overpaid player.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I was just saying that of the list, he makes the most sense to cut should we cut anyone.

S

Seattlehawk94

Cut Kerney....JP is the leader of the defense. I'd rather see Peppers in there anyways.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
It makes no sense to cut any of those guys.

Russell needs to be replaced, but he is a team leader and would be a great guy to show Smith the way if we are able to draft him the 2nd round!

Top Bottom