• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks sign Frye

Reaction score
Not that Frye, offensive lineman from Miami Brandon Frye... Anyone know anything about this guy?

S

Seattlehawk94

You punk! Scared the shit out of me for a second while the page loaded! :lol:

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Height: 6-4 Weight: 305 Age: 26

Born: 1/23/1983 Myrtle Beach , SC

College: Virginia Tech

Experience: 3rd season

Drafted by Houston... Not encouraged by 3 teams in 4 years, but he's a good sized dude.

Reaction score
BlueTsunami45 said:
stumblin, fumblin, bumblin charlie frye, how he hangs on in this league is a mystery to me
The Raiders kept him over Jeff Garcia. Just goes to show you how dumb the Raiders are.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
BlueTsunami45 said:
stumblin, fumblin, bumblin charlie frye, how he hangs on in this league is a mystery to me
The Raiders kept him over Jeff Garcia. Just goes to show you how dumb the Raiders are.

They had that bum Rick Mirer there too, that's where he ended his miserable career in 2003. Gotta love the silver & black!! :)

Reaction score
Well Mirer actually retired a Lion. He was signed as a 3rd stringer after his years with the Raiders and he never saw the field with the Lions.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
96, thanks for the clarification. I looked it up on an NFL site that I use but it showed Mirer's last year as being 2003 in Oakland, probably because hever played in Detroit after that. He was another one who managed to hang around a lot longer than he should have though, and poetically, wound up in Oakland.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
BT45-
No problem and in the NFL teams always can use an experienced 3rd string QB. That's how he stuck around for so long.

I agree with your statement only to a point, the key word there being experienced. Mirer was far from what I would call experienced. To be experienced at something, you have to be wise enough to learn it in the first place, and he proved many times over he was dumber than a box of rocks. I'd rather have Efren Herrera for a 3rd string QB than Mirer in his prime.

Reaction score
He was experienced enough to stay in the league for 10+ years which is very hard to do in the NFL. Might not have been the best, but teams felt comfortable enough to sign him after we traded him to Chicago.

Top Bottom