• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Steal the Draft

Reaction score
Yahoo! Sports labeled us one of the top winners of this past year's NFL Draft. I'll include other links of sites that graded our draft. Here's Yahoo's:
Fortunes of Tebow, Clausen unlike projections - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
Here's ESPN who gave us an A on the three-day draft picks we piled up:
[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?page=KiperDraftGrades[/ame]
Fox Sports gave us an A+ on our Draft Class of 2010:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/...cards-gallery-042410#sport=NFL&photo=11162383
NFL.com Bucky Brooks gives us an A+ as well:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817cae83&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Reaction score
Easily the winners. Adressed literally EVERY posistion we needed with quality players. I see almost every rookie we drafted seeing action next year. :good:

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
The only problem is the 49ers had a great draft too. We did improve heavily though.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that; just read it and was going to post it myself! I'm shocked. When was the last time we were praised for such a thing? That is great news. I have no interest in college ball (since I stopped betting awhile ago) so I'll have to trust everyone's opinions on this, but as long as we grabbed some O-line, D, QB and RB future talent I'm happy.

Reaction score
I actually have hope for them to crush now! Granted it's not much, but what would a season of supporting the seahawks be without them crushing your dreams just a little? lol

I think it's kind of like the Mariners last year, we had a great off season. Really started building the team in the right direction, but there was so much wrong with the team the year before that we're probably still a season away from contending again. Hate to be a downer, but realistically we're still probably 9-7 at best and 2nd or 3rd place in the division although I'd love to be wrong.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Though it is true we are far far away from a Super Bowl, playoffs are realistic enough. We are in one of the worst divisions in the NFC and we are playing against one of the worst divisions in the AFC this year.

The schedule favors our rebuilding and will help eaze the rookies in a bit better than if we were playing a top flight AFC division. Half our schedule is filled with teams rebuilding or suffered major offseason losses.

If we were an elite team there would be about 13 sure wins in the schedule but since we are not 9-7 is more our goal. Here is hoping for the playoffs!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The 49ers remind me of the Vikings. They are getting all the pieces in place except their quarterback. Then when a good QB steps in, look out.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
49ers still don't have a QB; and still have one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Our division should be close; I personally think we are the favorites I think we had a lot of under utilized talent last year and we have significantly upgraded that talent and added a better coaching staff this year.

Reaction score
knownone;47964 said:
49ers still don't have a QB; and still have one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Our division should be close; I personally think we are the favorites I think we had a lot of under utilized talent last year and we have significantly upgraded that talent and added a better coaching staff this year.

Dude idk about all of you but I think Mays is definitely going to help them out.... i know a lot of people doubt him... but im sure he is going to be a tough safety to play against.

That being said. i agree with the second paragraph of your post 100%

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
statistically we do have the like the 3rd or 4th easiest schedule

49ers are still the fav. to win the division though... but we do have a legit chance of winning it

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
EricOV;47966 said:
Dude idk about all of you but I think Mays is definitely going to help them out.... i know a lot of people doubt him... but im sure he is going to be a tough safety to play against.

That being said. i agree with the second paragraph of your post 100%
IMO Mays is going to be what he has always been, a big hard hitting guy that receivers fear coming across the middle. With Pete knowing his game inside and out I feel confident he can exploit his weaknesses when we play them. He will be a big hitter, but he will get beat on big plays as well.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;47969 said:
statistically we do have the like the 3rd or 4th easiest schedule

49ers are still the fav. to win the division though... but we do have a legit chance of winning it
Well, the Seahawks did beat the 49ers once last season and should have beat them the first game, but Hasselbeck went down. I think everyone here will agree the Seahawks have improved a lot more than the 49ers this off-season so taking the division shouldn't be too difficult. That's if everyone stays healthy and plays to the best of their ability.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
As long as Hasselbeck stays healthy, I think we can take the division. Okung and Hamilton on the left side will help him stay healthy.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;47972 said:
IMO Mays is going to be what he has always been, a big hard hitting guy that receivers fear coming across the middle. With Pete knowing his game inside and out I feel confident he can exploit his weaknesses when we play them. He will be a big hitter, but he will get beat on big plays as well.

I think Mays is going to surprise everyone and i think he will actually do well against the pass.

but you are right that Pete will know how to exploit him

Reaction score
just throw the ball and you will exploit him. That's why teams always threw against us with Hamlin and Boulware back there.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47997 said:
just throw the ball and you will exploit him. That's why teams always threw against us with Hamlin and Boulware back there.

Yep. Mays tried to level Tate last year and Tate burned him both times... for a touchdown.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I totally agree with this thread regarding Taylor Mays. I went to 4 USC games last year in LA, and Mays ALWAYS tries for the big hit. He is not a great cover free safety, and usually gets burnt pretty badly when he is the only man back in a 3 deep situation. We made the right choice for sure.

I wonder if Mays ever stopped to think "Maybe if I would have played a lot better, Pete Caroll would have taken me." Seeing his reaction to where he was selected it is doubtful that he ever thinks about what he did to put himself in this situation.

Top Bottom