• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seneca Wallace to the Browns

Reaction score
5th. Yes he is worth more. I'm wondering as sad as it sounds if:
A- Seahawks were nice to Holmgren.
B- They knew Wallace had no interest from other teams.
C- Worried that once his contract expires (2011) he would leave and we would get nothing in return.
D- Just wanted to get rid of Wallace and was willing to take anything in exchange for him.
E- A little of A, B, C and D.

Reaction score
A 6th round pick is possible if he plays well, but that still is pretty little in return for Wallace. Seahawks got ripped off.

Reaction score
Number 18;45943 said:
My biggest concern with Teel is accuracy. In the 2009 preseason, Teel was about a 49% passer.
Lets see he really only played in 2 games SD his first EVER NFL game 7/15 75yrds 1td 1int
2nd game vs the raiders
11/19 148 2 TD 0 int

the other 2 games you threw a total of 7 passes no rythm to get into

so really in roughly 4 quarters of 2 games he was
18/34 223 yrds 3 TD 1 Int with alot of linemen and WR that didn't make the team I might add.

Reaction score
Wag-
Teel also played against a lot of defenders that probably didn't make their teams either. I'm not saying Teel is bad, but pre-season is a different game. It's why I would have liked to have seen Teel in game action this year. Mainly the two end of the year games. See what he's made of and how he handles true NFL players.

Reaction score
Number 18;45965 said:
Wallace threw limited passes in most preseason work, too. But at least he was able to come in and complete passes...

but during the REGULAR season he ran outofbounds for 10 yrd losses or completely overthru wide open receivers

2 pts FOR Teel

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982407"]Sources: Cleveland Browns looking to trade Brady Quinn, add another quarterback; Jake Delhomme to visit - ESPN[/ame]

or you can get Brady Quinn

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to see what he can do, but I wouldn't expect much more than what he has done for Cleveland.

Reaction score
I say get D Anderson and draft Jake if he is the best player next year and go for it in 2012 with good young OLinemen and a 2nd year QB.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45966 said:
but during the REGULAR season he ran outofbounds for 10 yrd losses or completely overthru wide open receivers

2 pts FOR Teel

Teel gets props for the potential of being better than our shitty back up in a situation he has never been put in.

Hahahahaha. Okay buddy. Whatever you say...

Irish Hawk 12

Huddler
Reaction score
The way I have seen it yes Seneca was a good back up but not the best in the league and he would suck as a starter, IMHO Teel was far better in preseason than Seneca and we better get a strong O line to keep MH healthy for the time being.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
seneca was good for our o line tho cuz he could roll out and evade tackles and had a pretty strong arm on the run, needs to work on accuracy tho, and hes just to short to ever be a good pocket passer

Reaction score
Also Mike Sando touched on the Seahawks getting a 7th or 6th round selection for Wallace and as we disagree thinking he's worth more. Sando disagrees stating that was the best teams would offer for Wallace and here's why.
He didn't learn the new system (Mora's and Knapp's) very well meaning he may not adjust well to learning a new system. He would have had to learn another system this year and if he couldn't adept to that well enough with his contract expiring after the 2010 season it's possible Seattle would have:
A- cut him when rosters have to be set at 53 man.
or B- let him walk after the 2010 season
The result pretty clear: receiving nothing in return for Wallace.

Reaction score
Number 18;45989 said:
Teel gets props for the potential of being better than our shitty back up in a situation he has never been put in.

Hahahahaha. Okay buddy. Whatever you say...

read what you said
my response was to that.
Teel out played Senaca inthe Preseason. You said he is a more acurate thrower. I'm saying not from what the rest of us saw the last few years. We could have seen that if Mora would have tried it the last 2 games this last season.

Reaction score
Teel is a better QB than Wallace.. I can confidently say that without having seen him take a single snap in the regular season.

Would you care to know why?

Because Wallace isn't a QB... he is an Antuan Randle Ell that never got converted to WR.

He is garbage.

If Teel, or any QB is ever to thrive here in Seattle, it will require a good line, good RB's and a better D.

Until then....... 5-11

Reaction score
Agree 100%

#ONE;46066 said:
Teel is a better QB than Wallace.. I can confidently say that without having seen him take a single snap in the regular season.

Would you care to know why?

Because Wallace isn't a QB... he is an Antuan Randle Ell that never got converted to WR.

He is garbage.

If Teel, or any QB is ever to thrive here in Seattle, it will require a good line, good RB's and a better D.

Until then....... 5-11

Top Bottom