• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sherman, Money and the NFL

Idahawk

Reaction score
I find it kinda odd that were not getting any information about his appeal or that a new date has not been set. On one hand I wonder if the NFL has a weak ass case and on the other I have to wonder if its all about money.

Ever player that has had this charge has been dealt with swiftly, yet Sherman's case is hanging around , now maybe the fact that the NFL was dealing with the "bounty gate " ruling has something to do with it or maybe the NFL is seeing the cash cow that Sherman vs Harbaugh in that recently flexed into prime time game will bring for them, the network and the advertisers. I personally believe the latter is the case and it could be really good or really bad for us. The good would be a one game suspension say the Rams game . The bad would a suspension carrying over into the playoffs which to me seems unfair as all the others only got regular season games. They could also suspend him for some games starting next season. I just don't see the NFL suspending him before the 49ers game, I think they know it could taint the outcome of the game and having the " mouthy " Sherman talking trash will make everybody a lot of money , will see if I'm right or not.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Isnt the appeal set for tomorrow?

I have no doubt that the affect on viewership is a factor, when it comes to punishment.

I think that Sherm skwirmin his way outa this thing, some how, he's a sharp dude. That would be his most impressive play of the year!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Isnt the appeal set for tomorrow?

I have no doubt that the affect on viewership is a factor, when it comes to punishment.

I think that Sherm skwirmin his way outa this thing, some how, he's a sharp dude. That would be his most impressive play of the year!

Reports are that its going to be moved again.

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Methinks the Tagliabiu (sp) interface back into the NFL has caused some in-house (and legal) rethinking to be done about "how" the NFL does business, and , what kind of a role the Commissioner "can" legally play, how he mets out his discipline, fines, rule changes, his entire authority base (I Think) is being reviewed and rethought. so, he has shut his trap for awhile, until the legal beagles get done reassessing. (including Shermans).

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
To take Sherman away the Friday before one of the biggest games of the year seems unfair to the Seahawks . You don't hurt the team over a players wrong doing. At the very least do it early in the week so the team has time to make roster moves ect . I just don't see the NFL doing this , it's bad for business !

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sherman is in New York , Seahawks don't expect a decision until next week ! Fingers crossed !

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Will play Sunday , NFL suspensions include the post season games so this could be the last time we See Mr Sherman this year.

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
If Sherman is suspended after tonight's game, at least they will get Browner back in time for the playoffs. Having Walter Jones on IR really hurts though.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ruling comes down today , Sherman to file lawsuit should it not go his way , could file an injunction to be able to play .

Reaction score
KJR JUST REPORTED THAT SHERMAN AND B.IRVIN ARE TWEETING THAT SHERMAN WON THE APPEAL!!! WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
KJR JUST REPORTED THAT SHERMAN AND B.IRVIN ARE TWEETING THAT SHERMAN WON THE APPEAL!!! WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!
I'm live on nfl am haven't seen anything yet , but thats kick ass news !

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
He tweeted " I Won " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking eh !

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You have to luv those pee test handlers, somebody send him a gift basket.

When we win a ring should we give one to him too?

Top Bottom