• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Shhhhhhhhh! No one tell the Seahawks...

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
...that it's only preseason. Seriously, I don't think the 1st teamers are aware of this. They went out last night and played relentlessly against a team like their playoff lives depended it on it, so much so that they clearly had Peyton Manning visibly pissed off. I'm feeling pretty good right now about our team being ready to go on opening day in Carolina.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely don't want to get to excited over pre-season. But the Seahawks have been playing exceptionally well so far. Pretty much gets you more excited for the season to get here and see if that momentum can continue into the regular season. But again, just pre-season...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe Manning is sorry now he didn't interview with the Seahawks. To bad, Ha, Ha, Ha. Go Seahawks!

I thought he did have a discussion with the Seahawks??? hhmmm... definitely a Manning things to do, oh well. Worked out for the best to be honest.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
They flew some where, I don't remember where it was, maybe Denver airport to have talks with Manning and he brushed them off and said he wasn'tnterested.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but at the time I was excited about Flynn and felt Manning (37) only has a few more years. With Wilson we might have a decade of success.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
...that it's only preseason. Seriously, I don't think the 1st teamers are aware of this. They went out last night and played relentlessly against a team like their playoff lives depended it on it, so much so that they clearly had Peyton Manning visibly pissed off. I'm feeling pretty good right now about our team being ready to go on opening day in Carolina.

Actually I think it was the 12th man who forgot and energized the players. Clink was rockin.

OP
D

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
Actually I think it was the 12th man who forgot and energized the players. Clink was rockin.

I think the 12th man doesn't care if it's preseason, regular season, or playoffs as long as it's Seahawks football and it's being played well :)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
It's funny what other fans and the haters are saying. It showed no class that the Hawks "ran up the score" on Denver, that being only a preseason game they should have dialed it down a notch. So the Hawks suck when they lose a game and they suck and show no class when they throttle a team in the preseason by 30.

The Hawks are interested in winning a Super Bowl and these players are out there giving it 110% trying to win a job. They don't care very much how many preseason wins they get or how much they blow a team out except for how it relates to the performance of players they're trying to bring on board. A common complaint is the fact that Pete sent Russ back out there after the defense and special teams were done doing their damage and it was like 27-7 in the second quarter. Pete actually came in wanting to give him X amount of snaps in actual game conditions and since Russ and the offense hadn't taken the field in over 42 minutes, the quota hadn't been met yet. Had nothing to do with trying to run up the friggin score. He's not going to alter his plan just to avoid offending anybody or avoid peoples' feelings being hurt.

Go Hawks!!

OP
D

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
It's funny what other fans and the haters are saying. It showed no class that the Hawks "ran up the score" on Denver, that being only a preseason game they should have dialed it down a notch. So the Hawks suck when they lose a game and they suck and show no class when they throttle a team in the preseason by 30.

The Hawks are interested in winning a Super Bowl and these players are out there giving it 110% trying to win a job. They don't care very much how many preseason wins they get or how much they blow a team out except for how it relates to the performance of players they're trying to bring on board. A common complaint is the fact that Pete sent Russ back out there after the defense and special teams were done doing their damage and it was like 27-7 in the second quarter. Pete actually came in wanting to give him X amount of snaps in actual game conditions and since Russ and the offense hadn't taken the field in over 42 minutes, the quota hadn't been met yet. Had nothing to do with trying to run up the friggin score. He's not going to alter his plan just to avoid offending anybody or avoid peoples' feelings being hurt.

Go Hawks!!

Pretty much this. I always find the "your team is classless because they ran up the score" rants amusing. PC does things the way he wants them done, regardless of whether or not it fits NFL "tradition". If he wants his 1st team to play an entire half or get "X" number of snaps before putting in backups, then that's how it's going to be, and he doesn't care if the other team is playing their 1st teamers or backups.

Also, anyone that thinks the Hawks were playing "too seriously" for a preseason game isn't aware of how players win roster spots on a PC team. If you aren't giving 110% and trying to out-play your competition at every second of a practice or game, you don't last long on the roster. This perpetual competition mind set PC fosters is very real, just ask Matt Flynn when he comes to town in 2 weeks.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
This perpetual competition mind set PC fosters is very real, just ask Matt Flynn when he comes to town in 2 weeks.
I definitely agree with that. Just ask Lendale White too. Remember when they signed him off the wire having gone through a rigorous offseason training program and went into camp in the best shape of his life? I guess he didn't realize what the competition thing was all about and probably thought all his hard work was finished when in actuality his work was only beginning. Pete saw something in White's attitude or work ethic that changed his mind and White was kicked to the curb like 2 days after they signed him.

Reaction score
I definitely agree with that. Just ask Lendale White too. Remember when they signed him off the wire having gone through a rigorous offseason training program and went into camp in the best shape of his life? I guess he didn't realize what the competition thing was all about and probably thought all his hard work was finished when in actuality his work was only beginning. Pete saw something in White's attitude or work ethic that changed his mind and White was kicked to the curb like 2 days after they signed him.

Not trying to nit pick but they actually traded for White. A 4th or 5th round pick during Pete's first draft in Seattle. So that actually adds more validity to your point.

Top Bottom