• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Steven Jackson calls out Aaron Curry

Reaction score
Rams running back Steven Jackson is an elite player, a team leader and someone who commands respect throughout the NFL.

It's significant when someone of his stature calls out another player.

Jackson, speaking during his weekly show on 101 ESPN St. Louis, had harsh words for Seahawks rookie linebacker Aaron Curry. The two clashed during the regular-season opener at Seattle. The NFL fined Curry for going after Rams rookie Jason Smith's knee, the first of several fines against Curry early in the season. Jackson and Curry clashed again Sunday.

"Some guys don’t know how to be pros and I feel he has not learned that yet," Jackson told 101 ESPN St. Louis. "Someone is over there not teaching him what it means to be a pro. It’s all right to jaw jack but unnecessary hits and taking shots at guys that are defenseless, or going after guys because they are high-profile guys and he is trying to make a name for himself, it’s not professional."

Jackson said he made it clear to Curry that he would not back down.

"You don’t get your name based on that because you’re going after another high-profile guy," Jackson said. "You get your name and your status because of your work and your play in it. I’m just sitting there jaw-jacking a guy and letting him know that I’m not backing down. It’s obvious I’m injured, it’s obvious that I haven’t practiced all week and if we want to go head-to-head for 60 or 70 plays in a row, I’m willing to do so. I’m not going to back down. I’m going to let him know there’s a whole another monster, a whole another level in the NFL and this is not Wake Forest or the ACC."

The Seahawks selected Curry from Wake Forest with the fourth overall choice. Jackson shot down the idea that Curry was trying to play a certain way to fulfill his high draft status.

"I don’t see our rookie, No. 2 pick overall, going out and doing that," Jackson said of Smith. "It's easier to make a name in other ways than going out there jaw-jacking and trying to draw attention to yourself. It’s a professional game and this is a livelihood and I don’t intentionally go out there and trying to -- I’m a pro about it. I would hope that he learns that."

We'll probably hear Curry's side of the story when players become available for interviews Wednesday.
I think Jackson is embarrassed that a rookie is knocking him around. :lol:

Reaction score
As Jackson wrote this he was listening to Justin Timberlake - Cry me a river...

PUSSY

Do the talking on the field, not a radio show.

Top Bottom