• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks The Hall for Holmgren

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The city of Green Bay already has a Holmgren Way, so why not put Mike Holmgren in the Packers’ Hall of Fame?
It will happen this summer, when the coach who led the Packers to back-to-back Super Bowl appearances after the 1996 and 1997 seasons joins an illustrious group. Holmgren left Green Bay in 1999 to become coach of the Seahawks and led them to the most successful five-season stretch in franchise history as they won the NFC Championship and advance to the Super Bowl in 2005, captured four consecutive NFC West titles and advanced to the playoffs five seasons in a row.
Holmgren’s presenter will be Ron Wolf, the team’s former general manager who hired him to coach the Packers in 1992.
“When I asked him, he said, “Don’t expect me to blow a lot of smoke your way,’ ” Holmgren joked during a teleconference this morning with reporters who cover the Packers. “I said, ‘I totally understand, and just keep it short.’ ”
Wolf already is in the Packers’ Hall of Fame, as are Curly Lambeau, Don Hutson, Jim Ringo, Vince Lombardi, Paul Hornung, Jim Taylor, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke and Reggie White, among others.

b.gif
Q7-jRpPwpJA

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom