• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top 5 Best Seahawks of All-Time

Reaction score
Saw this on the PI so decided to toss it on here and get some reactions:
1- Steve Largent WR 1976-89: One of the best WR's to ever play the game. Best of his time. First true Seahawk to be inducted into the Hall of Fame (1995). 101 career TD's over 13,000+ receiving yards.
2- Cortez Kennedy DT 1990-2000: All-time Seahawk selector for Pro Bowls (8) until Walter broke that this year. Only player in NFL History to win Defensive Player of Year on a losing team. Member of the Ring of Honor and 58 career sacks, while being named to All-Decade team (1990's).
3- Kenny Easley S 1981-87: Career cut short due to injuries, but was a force. Bill Walsh went the distance when he said "Would have been Hall of Famer had his career not been cut short. Maybe he still is one." 5 time Pro Bowler. Never got the chance to watch him, but have read a lot about him and watched film of him.
4- Walter Jones OT 1997-Present: Cleared the whole for Ricky Watters, Shaun Alexander and the current running backs. Is considered one of the best linemen to ever player the game. A force at his position and sure to be first-time ballot for Hall of Fame. 9 Time Pro Bowler and only linemen ever to win Rookie of the Month.
5- Shaun Alexander RB 2000-08: Might have been influenced through a strong line (Jones and Steve Hutchinson), but truth is key conbituter of the Seahawks Super Bowl year. All-time touchdown leader in Seahawk history as running back along with rushing yards. MVP of the 2005 NFL Season and set single-season touchdown record for a running back (28). 3 time Pro Bowler and All-Pro member in 2005.

So now shot away your top 5 and let's see if it's as "agreeable" or if we could form some debates going :)

S

Seattlehawk94

1. Steve Largent----Duh...1st Ballot HOFer held every major WR record at his retirement.
2. Walter Jones-----1st Ballot HOFer probably the best OL in the NFL in this generation.
3. Cortez Kennedy----Should be a HOFer if not this year then soon, best Defensive Player in the NFL for the Decade of the '90s.
4. Matt Hasselbeck----He'll be in the HOF IF we win a Superbowl, will hold every Seattle passing record when it's all said and done for his career.
5. Kenny Easley----Won Defensive Player of the Year, was on the '80s All-Decade Team, him and Lott were the standard at DB during a pass happy decade that saw very few even GOOD DBs, he meanwhile was GREAT.

My 6-10
6. Shauna Alexandria----Holds all Seattle Rushing Records, Scored over 100 TDs a franchise record, and won NFL MVP...He's a pussy but he will be in the HOF someday.
7. Chad Brown----Offenses schemed just to stop him, he led the defense that set an NFL record for Return TDs, he's basically willed the defense to wins.
8. Jacob Green--100+Sacks AS A DL a franchise record, could stop the run as well..SHOULD be in the HOF someday.
9. Chris Warren----Before Shauna he was the Rushing leader all-time for the Hawks, made a Probowl, gained 1,000 yards for a team with NO QB when teams KNEW he was the whole offense. Unsung hero on some crap teams..Could catch out of the backfield as well (Caught GWing TD pass from Frieze in biggest comeback in Hawks history @Denver in Dec. 1995, putting us in position for a playoff berth).
10. Dave Kreig----Before Matthew he was the standard on which all Seattle QBs were compared. Should be in the HOF.

Notice I didn't say "Zorn"....For those who didn't watch him or live on some lore other fans or their dads told them....He was a SO-SO QB with a weak arm (his "bombs" were blown coverage or plays the WR made IN SPITE of him), and a very weak will....Alot of games the Hawks SHOULD have won were LOST by Zornie, he ran around like Young and threw like Vick...Basically, the most overrated player in NFL HISTORY, alot of Hawks fans glorified him because they didn't KNOW or UNDERSTAND the game prior to a team getting here....

Reaction score
Steve Largent is still my all time favorite football player, and has been since before I can even remember. Maybe the best hands of any WR ever. I remember watching him catch his 100th TD against the Bengals in the back of the end-zone!

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
3. Cortez Kennedy----Should be a HOFer if not this year then soon, best Defensive Player in the NFL for the Decade of the '90s.
Over Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Deion Sanders, and Rod Woodson? I do like Tez a lot, but I have hard time saying he was a better defensive player then any of those guys. Even Kevin Greene, John Randle, Darrell Green, and Aeneas Williams would have solid argument as well.

S

Seattlehawk94

vanillathrilla said:
Steve Largent is still my all time favorite football player, and has been since before I can even remember. Maybe the best hands of any WR ever. I remember watching him catch his 100th TD against the Bengals in the back of the end-zone!

Great moment.....After the game he gave the ball to one Peter Gross....

JGleas said:
Over Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Deion Sanders, and Rod Woodson? I do like Tez a lot, but I have hard time saying he was a better defensive player then any of those guys. Even Kevin Greene, John Randle, Darrell Green, and Aeneas Williams would have solid argument as well.

Yeah, I'm a homer in that way but TezRex was double and sometimes triple team weekly until a Mr. Chadwick Brown joined the team at LB. He did what he did in spite of the fact he was the only person on the defense that offenses keyed on every Sunday..

Smith---Nate Odoms (BUST), Talley, and Bennett were there as well.
White----Jerome Brown, Gilbert Brown, Gang Green
Woodson----Best LB Corps of maybe any generation played in front of him. So good in fact CB94 was a bench rider till right before he came to Seattle.
Kevin Green---See: Woodson----Add in Lamar Lathon, Sam Mills.
John Randle----You had Mr. Jacksonville, and some pretty good Minnehaha defenses lined up with him.
Darrell Green----Matt Millen and the Defensive Hogs were killers.
Aeneas Williams----About the only one close to Tez in terms of being the far and away leader of his defense...But they did have alot of 46 holdovers from BuddyBall.

Tez is the modern day Leroy Selmon, a great player, a force but on a horrible team with an unknown defensive unit.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
JGleas said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

Sanders and White aren't up for the H.O.F. this year. Tez was a force in his days. He played on a very weak Seahawk offense. He is the ONLY player in NFL History to win Defensive Player of the Year on a losing team! That's pretty amazing in 1992. A lot of good defensive players were in the league then and they choose a player on the losing team!

He also has contributed off of the field which should also get some votes for the contribution to the NFL. When Ken "F*****" Berhing decided to move the Seahawks to L.A. It was Tez that stood up and said "I'm employed by Seattle not L.A." Might be the L.A. Hawks had it not been for 'Tez!

I think he is one of the best DT's ever to play this game. Had he played anywhere else he most likely would have been a first-timer. This is his year. I honestly don't see anyone other then Bruce Smith as a lock.

S

Seattlehawk94

Smith,DT, and Cris Carter to me are locks....Other than them it's open which gives Tez a chance..

S

Seattlehawk94

Everyone with 100+TDs that's HOF eligible is in the HOF except Carter..

For me 100+TDs is a lock it's like pre-Roids 500 HRs, it's a milestone that cements entry....SO even that pussyass bitch Shauna should get in one day...

For me there are TWO criteria for the HOF.....

1. Plateaus reached: 100 TDs, 300 TD Passes, 100 Sacks, MVP Awards, Career Top-20
2. Dominance----a guy who's lit up the game i.e. Gale Sayers who doesn't have the plateaus but dominated the game in the short time he was around. Hence even before this Superbowl to me Warner was a HOFer.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Very good point about Carter. I just for some reason it reminds me of Art Monk. Something seems to be missing. Carter from what I remember (could be wrong I'm only 19), but he was never a guy that stood out. He made plays and was great one of my favorite WRs, but there is just something about him that I'm not sure if he has the support. Like I said could be wrong... Been wrong before nothing new. I'll be wrong again in my life too...

S

Seattlehawk94

Good attitude to have! ;)

Monk to me held records at the end of his career so he's in...

But he was to me the LEAST exciting of the Fun Bunch...Gary Clark caught the long ball, Ricky Sanders could score anywhere on the field on a slant...Monk just put up numbers over a long period of time...

Kinda like a Henry Aaron....Never really "great" but played long enough to break records.

And yes....I'm saying Hank Aaron wasn't "great"...

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
But he was to me the LEAST exciting of the Fun Bunch...Gary Clark caught the long ball, Ricky Sanders could score anywhere on the field on a slant...Monk just put up numbers over a long period of time...

Maybe that's why it took so long for him to get in. Like I said too young to know that and thanks for that insight!

Reaction score
I think Sharpe is pretty much a lock... I mean you can make the case he was the greatest TE in NFL history when he retired. But if you buy that argument then you'd probably have to say it's Tony Gonzales now.

Top Bottom