• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top 5 Best Seahawks of All-Time

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
JGleas said:
Seattlehawk94 said:
3. Cortez Kennedy----Should be a HOFer if not this year then soon, best Defensive Player in the NFL for the Decade of the '90s.
Over Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Deion Sanders, and Rod Woodson? I do like Tez a lot, but I have hard time saying he was a better defensive player then any of those guys. Even Kevin Greene, John Randle, Darrell Green, and Aeneas Williams would have solid argument as well.

Sanders and White aren't up for the H.O.F. this year. Tez was a force in his days. He played on a very weak Seahawk offense. He is the ONLY player in NFL History to win Defensive Player of the Year on a losing team! That's pretty amazing in 1992. A lot of good defensive players were in the league then and they choose a player on the losing team!

He also has contributed off of the field which should also get some votes for the contribution to the NFL. When Ken "F*****" Berhing decided to move the Seahawks to L.A. It was Tez that stood up and said "I'm employed by Seattle not L.A." Might be the L.A. Hawks had it not been for 'Tez!

I think he is one of the best DT's ever to play this game. Had he played anywhere else he most likely would have been a first-timer. This is his year. I honestly don't see anyone other then Bruce Smith as a lock.
He never said of this class, he said best defensive player of the 90's. Deion was a lockdown Cornerback who also played offense, returned kicks, and played baseball. Not that makes him a better defender, but I still think how good he was all-around, he was elite as a Cornerback. Reggie White utterly destroyed opposing Offensive Tackles. I think it's pretty hard to argue against a guy like him.

S

Seattlehawk94

He could tackle, basically let anyone run by him if he couldn't push them out of bounds..
If you want to talk about his baseball "skills"...LMAO

The only thing he did good in baseball was dump a bucket of water on Tim McCarver after the 1992 National League Championship Series. He was one of the most overrated and overhyped baseball players of his era.

The guy quit on his team every year when the NFL season started. At least Bo had the sense to stay with the Royals every year until October when their season ended. Neon Leon (remember those Bud commercials?) left every August to basically be a glorified kickoff/punt return man in the NFL.

Neon Leon was as overhyped in the NFL as he was in MLB, the problem is you don't get batting averages and stats for his position consisted solely of INTs. Sorry, but if Berman (douchebag) didn't hype him every week he'd be just another Billy White Shoes Johnson, a player who made some big plays but never really lived up to the hype.

Sad thing is in this era guys like Mike "I can't block" Alstott and Neon Celine Deion get credit because a fat fucking gasbag like Berman (douchebag) gives them "cute" (annoying) sound effects and a "cute" (stupid) nickname every week.....

Reggie White was great, but he had help.....Tez was great and he did it on his own it's alot easier to rack up sacks when you know they are throwing every down because you've got Brett Farve giving you leads. It's alot easier to rack up sacks when you've got running mates like he had in Green Bay and Philly. Tez had neither of those.

Like I said....Tez did it all on his own.

Top Bottom